How much have you spent on accessories?

image.jpgBought my 2010, this year, with lots of upgrades already on it. As I was new to the cycle thing thought it would be all that I would do. But have added passenger armrests, rider backrest, changed the front storage doors, and just bought new saddlebags aren't in yet, oh yeah bought some chrome trim and rubber gravel guards for the fenders. Sure to be something else come up I really like the bling. Most likely be a seat. Around 2-3 grand so far.

I've never added up what I've spent on accessories...Don't think I want to either. :xzqxz:

I agree with Dennis...I have spent far more on gas, oil and tires....Making memories that are beyond pricing. ThumbUp

Kevin

After we dropped a fortune on paint and chrome on the '92 Springer and '95 Sportie we kind of cooled it with bling. We did change the pegs / floor boards on her Deluxe and my Ultra. Her Nightrain and my Dyna were pretty near stock. Our trikes are pretty nearly stock with the exception of stage 1 kits for both.

Nice looking bikes, I like the Springer.

Thanks Mike. My biggest regret was selling that scoot. Pictured is its 3rd incarnation. It started its life as a black Heritage Springer. We changed out the stock, painted front end for a Pacho chrome one. Changed all the tins and painted it Cobalt Blue. I found a painter on the Internet, http://www.fuchsart.com/. After a dozen E-Mails back and forth I shipped the tins back to him in Tennessee. 3 weeks later they came back. You can't see in the pictures, but the Harley Logo is ghost painted in the flames, and Harley Wolf heads are on the fender tips. Only problem I had with the bike is I over-built the engine. It was the fastest bike in the crowd when it wasn't overheating and melting the ignition pick-up. Ultimately put standard points and ignition in. They don't melt. Still got a couple of boxes of trophies, and the bike had over 100,000 miles when I let her go.

HD stands for High Dollar. I have a 2011 Tri Glide I bought it FEB 2012, I do not have it set up the I want it yet but I have spent over $1,500.00 and plan on spending more. Oh will its my toy, my ride. Don't try and set it up in one year unless you have the money. Just enjoy the Harley ride and add to each year.

I easily have well over 50K into my TG...Huge list...

It just goes on and on. :Coffee:
Don't you just love it when a plan works. And you left off a bit at the end (that you love every part of it) ThumbUp
I will have to get out your way and do some riding.
Dennis

It just goes on and on. :Coffee:
Don't you just love it when a plan works. And you left off a bit at the end (that you love every part of it) ThumbUp
I will have to get out your way and do some riding.
Dennis

Yep!! It has been nothing but fun!!! And it never ends. You always think you are finished, then something else gets your attention. You can come out here to the Wild Wild West anytime Dennis, and I have a place you can stay so that you can save some money for more Bling! Say when!

I put $8,000 on before I picked it up from the dealer, and still going. Way too much for what it's worth. I have over $43,000 in it plus all the expense of fixing everything lately because the dealership techs didn't know what they were doing and the jugs from the factory are not a true bore. Hopefully I can get it to quit using oil.

My wife once said to me, "When I go out to the garage and look at your bike, it looks like it's all there. Where do you put all that stuff you buy?"

My wife says the same thing, then when we are out with friends and she see's a piece of chrome we don't have, she says; "oh that looks nice". Go figure. She is as much into the accessories as I am she just does not like to admit it.

1) HD also stands for High Dollar or Hundred Dollar. 2) the cycle is the cheap part, the expense is making it NOt look like any other. A fellow HOG chapter member has Kuryakin on speed dial and their page bookmarked. Snce I have the onlyV-Rod I've ever seen in person I haven't done much. LED's on the bottom of the fenders in front for turn signals and on the back for break lights. I have also replaced the seat and am working on 2-1 exchange for the exhaust.

Doesn't much seem to matter what brand of bike you ride or how old the trike is, you're going to spend a couple of grand on upgrades and farkles within the first year you own it.

My very first trike wasn't fancy and I only paid about $7K for it. However, I plowed another $1K into it over the next year or so.

My next trike was a big step up, about $24K and a really nice touring machine. Holy crow batman! I plowed about $4K into this beauty within 6 months. :xzqxz:

Moral of the story? Better set aside another 15% of your purchase price, because you will be making incremental changes to the trike, no matter what the little lady has to say about it. Get used to sleeping in the corner of the garage until she cools down.
:laugh: