Fremont Canyons Hidden treasures

If you like canyon riding,here is another in Wyoming I just love.
Get off I-90 at Buffalo,Wyoming and pick up hwy 16 West ,through, I believe its called "Ten Sleep Canyon".This ride takes you from the top of mountains all the way down to the bottom on switch-back twisties of good paved and gaurd-rail road and is a beautiful and amazing ride.
We have done this ride twice on our way to Yellowstone and will ride it again if we go back a third time.
You will end the canyon ride in the town of Ten Sleep and can work your way North to Cody,Wyoming and be just miles away from Yellowstone.We like spending a day or two in Cody then entering the park via the Bear Tooth.

If you like canyon riding,here is another in Wyoming I just love.
Get off I-90 at Buffalo,Wyoming and pick up hwy 16 West ,through, I believe its called "Ten Sleep Canyon".This ride takes you from the top of mountains all the way down to the bottom on switch-back twisties of good paved and gaurd-rail road and is a beautiful and amazing ride.
We have done this ride twice on our way to Yellowstone and will ride it again if we go back a third time.
You will end the canyon ride in the town of Ten Sleep and can work your way North to Cody,Wyoming and be just miles away from Yellowstone.We like spending a day or two in Cody then entering the park via the Bear Tooth.

Good choice of a ride!:10:

ThumbUpI do this run from my hometown of Casper for just a day ride. I live about 60 miles from Buffalo, Wyoming where i enter ten sleep canyon and then relax and slow down.

It is a sin to speed in gods country!

The road climbs forever until it levels out to run the forested ridges and the observant can find moose at feast in the creek with picturesque streams of moss dripping from their antlers . There are lakes hidden from view, never to be seen by the one who fails to see this country as its own destination.:Shrug:
I posted a few pics. of it on a thread called Wyoming's ten sleep and wind river canyon last summer. (but i didn't really do it any justice):p
:Agree: I agree it's a must see route where you ride through pre-Cambrian grandeur, high peaks and deep valleys. The heavy forest,fragrant with pine scent reveals train tunnels blasted through the mountain on the other side of the river across from the road you are riding on and the tracks seem to have a tenacious hold on the sides of cliffs.

pepperWind river cuts its way through the canyon below and huge columns of rock that fell from the mountain into the river and forces it to cut ever deeper into the bedrock, I crane my head far back and gaze at the tops of the canyon far above me and wonder at how the canyon has been cut so deep over eons of time, before it brings me down into the town of thermopolis where i bear witness to the largest hot springs in the world and i cant help but be impressed with how calcium deposits can be such a great natural sculptor?

trike at Hot Springs-Thermopolis, Wyoming 7-20-2013-A6.jpg If you look close behind me you can see some of the cacium deposit marvels.
The spring boils up out of the ground a little to the left of the building in the back ground and naturally runs into the wind river below where i am parked.

PS. TEN SLEEP CANYON IS SO NAMED BECAUSE IT TOOK THE SHOSONE INDIAN TEN SLEEPS TO CROSS IT!

winter in ten sleep canyon resizedjpeg-.jpg Check out this picture of Ten sleep canyon in winter.
I used to cross country ski!

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hankypanky55

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hankypanky55
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png