Straight back head pipes for HD Trike

Sep 23, 2013
Carleton, Michigan
Has anyone DONE or Know of anyone doing a Header pipe straight back to Exhaust and after Dyno, it ran well ? Not a side X crossover or a underneath crossover but a straight back to exhaust application.
Big discussion at the Breakfast meeting place.

Has anyone DONE or Know of anyone doing a Header pipe straight back to Exhaust and after Dyno, it ran well ? Not a side X crossover or a underneath crossover but a straight back to exhaust application.

I think it would be a bottom end torque killer and be loud as hell.

Are you thinking like they do on dressers with a 2 into 1 and dummy muffler on left side? I have not seen this setup on a factory trike.
Dennis

no. True dual setup without crossover. Some say if you put a good muffler with a 1 3/4 baffle; it should give a good enough back pressure and tuned properly. this is just us guys at the coffee shop asking questions but one of the guys is thinking about doing it if only we could find out if it has been done already.

I ran a true dual setup on my 117" engine. It ran great. However the one issue I had initially was the left side support bracket that bolts over the starter broke a few times until I got it heavily beefed up. I think it broke due to the added length required for a trike application which added more stress on the bracket.

Have to agree, WAY too loud. I put a pair of Vance and Hince Monster Rounds on our Tglide and are they deep and mellow, sound great!

Phu Cat

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ve7poi

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ve7poi
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png