Lees-ure Lite Camper

Big Dog

Contributing Member
Jul 13, 2008
Sarasota
Found this camper, thanks to Russel, and was able to stop at the southeast distributers shop. I have taken a few pictures, and placed an order for one. Here is the website Lite Tent Camper - Pull this lightweight tent camper/trailer behind a motorcycle or car. .

Here it is opened up, took about one minute.
OpenedUp.jpg

View from the other side, you can see that the top becomes the floor. You don't walk on the ground.
OtherSide.jpg

The item on the bed is a pod, that goes on the tongue, for extra storage.
Inside.jpg

The unit just folds into it's self. You stand at the front and just pull it back, then walk around and tuck it in.
GoingDown.jpg

Closed up and ready to roll, took 2-3 minutes. Allow more time to put stuff inside before closing up.
Closed.jpg

Well what do you all think? I think I'll be doing alot of over night rides.:D

Nice looking trailer set-up, Big Dog! You and Miles will have a lot of fun with that.

Hello Big Dog,
I've looked at most of the available campers but have not seen the Open Road.During my research,the easiest camper to set up and take down was leesurlite without question with the possible exception of Open Road.Each type has plusses and minuses.Congratulations on your purchase,for one person and mighty canine,should work well.The bunkhouse was well made but after a wonderful salesman free demo at Yosemite,I feel two people are necessary for setup in inclement weather.The downside is the storage sits on your bed for the Leesurlite. The Leesurelite will be our choice also,unless we see the openroad with kingsize bed and opens like the leeesurelite,but with under bed storage and hard floor off the ground.All of the ones we've looked at/Leesurelite/Aspen /Bunkhouse appear to well made and will offer years of sleepful bliss. One suggestion Big dog,you might look into sleeping pads used by white water rafters .I've used these for as long as nine days on wilderness rivers with wonderful comfort.Paco Pads makes a 27 in wide by 3 to 4 " thick by 74" long which will fit your camper like a glove.The beauty of these pads are they deflate by opening a valve and you can just lay your gear on top. Arriving at your destination,remove gear and the pads inflate in about 15 min.without assistance from Miles.Thermorest is another good option. Anyway,enjoy your purchase and look out for the NO-SEE-UMS in Florida.

Hello,
The camper I was referring to as the open road is actually the ROLL-A HOME.Motorcycle Camper - Roll-A-Home made in Wisconsin by owner/dealer.The bunkhouse is made by BF Specialties and Trailmaster inc makes the Aspen.Nice problem to have choosing between a number of excellent manufactors.Just a matter of choosing which features mean the most to you.

Nice looking set up, now look into the "America the beautiful" so U can get some discounts on camping in the Corps of Engineers parks, plus free admission to Federal attractions...

Have fun....

A simular pass is available for those of you under 62 years of age, but it's $80/yr. If you hit a lot of Federal parks, it's worth it. If you're handicaped, there's a specail rate too -- I think about the same as the Senior rate of $10/life. Need Dr verification of handicap.

NM

I don't know much about the Lees-ure Lite but we have owned 2 Kwik Kamps and a Bunkhouse. Now I am the proud owner of a 1996 Kwik Kamp purchased from an estate last winter for $100.00. All it needs is a new top.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png