• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

What do you like about your Roadsmith Trike?

New Trike

Have 2016 Indian Roadmaster. Doug demoed trike at Sturgis, ordered one as soon as i got home. Been on it for 2 weeks and has absolutely exceeded my expectations. Although the ride and handling are quite different from 2 wheels i have adapted quickly at my young age of 70. I was allowed to observe the disassembly of bike and the installation of trike and no hiccups or nothing, goes together smoothly just as described. This is probably my last ride and i just want to thank Doug personally on here for taking the time and patience at Sturgis, and no pressure sales, merely shows you what he has to offer and you make the decision. Looking forward to visiting with Doug at another show.

If you are considering a trike conversion i strongly urge you to test ride a Roadsmith before you make your decision, you will not walk away disappointed.
Thanks for reading

Have 2016 Indian Roadmaster. Doug demoed trike at Sturgis, ordered one as soon as i got home. Been on it for 2 weeks and has absolutely exceeded my expectations. Although the ride and handling are quite different from 2 wheels i have adapted quickly at my young age of 70. I was allowed to observe the disassembly of bike and the installation of trike and no hiccups or nothing, goes together smoothly just as described. This is probably my last ride and i just want to thank Doug personally on here for taking the time and patience at Sturgis, and no pressure sales, merely shows you what he has to offer and you make the decision. Looking forward to visiting with Doug at another show.

If you are considering a trike conversion i strongly urge you to test ride a Roadsmith before you make your decision, you will not walk away disappointed.
Thanks for reading

Don, thank you very much for your kind words and helping to set up our newest Texas dealer:) It was a pleasure having you at the booth in Sturgis and we're thrilled to see you on a Roadsmith now! Feel free to send us some pictures and don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or concerns going forward.

Everything

I love the ride, fit and finish, the absolute smoothest ride. The trike is raked 61/2 degrees and is effortless to turn thru the twisties. I previously had a Motor Trike and while it was a nice ride, there is no comparison to my Roadsmith. My wife likes that she no longer sits on the wheels as on the roadsmith she is in front of rear wheels. I have never ridden on the back of my trikes, but since she is one happy lady, that is my favorite thing about Roadsmith.

I love the ride, fit and finish, the absolute smoothest ride. The trike is raked 61/2 degrees and is effortless to turn thru the twisties. I previously had a Motor Trike and while it was a nice ride, there is no comparison to my Roadsmith. My wife likes that she no longer sits on the wheels as on the roadsmith she is in front of rear wheels. I have never ridden on the back of my trikes, but since she is one happy lady, that is my favorite thing about Roadsmith.

Thanks for sharing your positive experience Cinjeff! Keep on enjoying your new ride and Happy New Year to ya!

As always, don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything going forward.

Went to Daytona Bikeweek 2017 on a Yamaha RoadStar; 17th year. Wife and I are getting older, RoadStar's getting heavier. Stopped in at Roadsmith Trike, Daytona Beach. Next day we bought the new dream.

After 40+ years of riding (most motorcycle brands...including an Allstate back in the day!), I'm applying the so-called wisdom of my 70 years and converting my wonderful '97 Valkyrie (Standard - Bumble Bee) to a Roadsmith trike...with a few tweaks suggested by my awesome builder, Harold Pollard, owner of CompleteCycleofRome in Rome, GA. I don't think I've been as excited since I got my first "adult Scoot", a '72 Honda CB350! While I don't feel (and am told I don't look) my age, I believe that triking is the way to go in order to continue riding for another ten years (at least! 😜) I promise to post pics once Harold and his crew have worked their magic (probably mid-June).

Hello from Iowa. Been riding trikes since the 70s designed and built a couple back in them years. Present ride is a 2008 1800 Goldwing with a roadsmith HTS conversion two-tone pearl white and silver. Did the conversion and the paint job myself. Check out my album pictures there.

My bucket list is to do the top 10 favorite motorcycle routes. Got 4 out of the 10 completed. Did the Beartooth and st.joseph last year and the pigtail looking forward to going to the dragon tail and Blue Ridge next year.

This year going to ride the state of Wisconsin and then of course hit the BBQ in Fayetteville for the 7th straight year.

I just got back from the same trip, routes, last week June 28th on my Honda 1800 (new to me trike'd out Roadsmith) wow what a ride, I'm still trying to get that "sugar eating" grin off my face a week later... and now I read your post, and "dang it" that same grin is back on my face again... Looks like you enjoyed it as much as I did!:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Ronnie

My name is Bruce (KingB). I'm not new to trikes but new to the forum. My first trike was a 2002 GL 1800 Champion with 60K miles on straight axle. Now riding a 2009 GL 1800 with Roadsmith kit with independent suspension. I love the kit. I live in and near Fayetteville, NC. My wife is enjoying the comfort of the independent suspension.:GL1800:

KingB

Hope Mills, NC

US Army Retired (E-8)

1983 Honda Goldwing

1998 Honda Goldwing

2003 Harley Ultra Classic

2000 Goldwing

2002 GL 1800 Champion Trike

2009 GL 1800 Roadsmith Trike

OK , a quick history about me . Riding since 64 , USMC 1967 , Almost a numbered Indian in 2014 , put 30k on it and found out about cancer the hard way , Roadsmith conversion and all in the world is better now. Have about 30k on the trike going coast to coast and enjoying it all the time . That's my story and I'm sticking to it 😆

Thank you very much Roadsmith. Your Trike is AWESOME.

I've never ridden a trike before and I've been riding motorcycles since I was 14 years old. So I have to say that I quickly learned that riding a trike is quite different. Almost too different to explain. But after getting in two rides in this weekend; one at 42 degrees for about an hour and the other at 52 degrees for two hours and a total 170 miles I think I have figured it out. I learned to "Trust" the trike. I love it! Very smooth too. Looking forward to some longer bike camping trips next spring!

I highly recommend your product.

Hi all from Ok. New to the forum and new to trikes. I'm 68 ans have had motorcycles since I was 14 but this is my first trike. 2003 GL1800 Honda Goldwing with a Roadsmith conversion. Hope to learn a lot on here a looking forward to many miles.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png