What do you like about your Champion Trike?

I got my 2007 GL1800 with a Champion SA trike kit on it 5 years ago. My wife and I were getting uncomfortable riding on two wheels and we couldn't have continued to ride and enjoy it if we hadn't made the switch. A year after getting the trike I was diagnosed with cancer and having the trike allowed us to still ride when my health allowed. The past two years I wasn't healthy enough to ride but after a stem cell transplant this past summer I am again healthy enough to ride again and we are spending the winter in the Texas Hill Country riding. The trike handles the roads just great and we're enjoying it very much.

Champion trike conversion

Thank you Champion trike and Papa Zook. After totaling out my 2003 Honda VTX I bought it back from State Farm and with the advise from Pappa Zook we decieded to trike it with a Champion trike kit with the solid axle, as I knew I would never be able to hold up a big two wheeler after the wreck. After sending my bike down to his shop in Alabama about 8 years ago i was sold on your product. As of this post im still riding the same bike. Thank you Champion trike and Papa Zook for extending my riding experience.

I got my 2007 GL1800 with a Champion SA trike kit on it 5 years ago. My wife and I were getting uncomfortable riding on two wheels and we couldn't have continued to ride and enjoy it if we hadn't made the switch. A year after getting the trike I was diagnosed with cancer and having the trike allowed us to still ride when my health allowed. The past two years I wasn't healthy enough to ride but after a stem cell transplant this past summer I am again healthy enough to ride again and we are spending the winter in the Texas Hill Country riding. The trike handles the roads just great and we're enjoying it very much.

Glad you are doing well Dave!! See you Feb 15, if your still there.

Built my Road Star/ Champion trike 3 years and 45,000 miles ago. It was super easy to assemble and rides good. 2 wheelers can't keep up in the twisties.

I just took the body off and did a complete 45k check over and the only thing I had to adjust was the belt and change the brake fluid. Rear brake pads had hardly any wear. No loose or broken bolts. 2 yrs ago, I replaced the rear brake cylinder for more volume and better stopping. It definitely could use fender bras. It's a shame Champion discontinued the Road Star kits.

new trike.jpg

what do you like about your champion trike

I have a 1999 goldwing trike SE with a champion straight axle rearend..I did buy it used 4 years ago with 117,000 miles on her..since then,I have put on alittle over 30,000 miles on her.I have had no problems with my trike other than the usual things(alt./etc.)...I have been a passenger since the 70s and always wanted to ride my own and now I do..I have never regretted the day I bought this trike..just put on new tires on the rear...my favorite thing to do is ride on my day off..

mary jane.jpg

Bought mine mainly for availability and price. (was already a trike and the price was right)

I do my own maintenance for the most part, so, easy of maintenance was a biggie. Research into what I needed to do showed a fairly simple maintenance requirements and really easy access to do the maintenance.

I love white vehicles (they actually show way less of the dust that we get here in the high desert), and this one's pearl white is really sharp. The lines of the body are really well defined and I just love the way it looks. :D

I have a 2008 Champion installed on a 1993 Electra glide with straight axle. Love the way it rides and handles. Last year I took it to a HD dealer for some work and left it in the service line. A full size pick up backed into the right rear of the trike knocking it sideways. Quite a bit of damage was done to the quarter panel of the truck, only minor paint damage was done to the Champion. I expected the body to be cracked but it only needed paint work done to it. That is one rugged over built body for sure I always tell people that story when they ask if the kit is well built.:clapping:rsz_img_0599.jpg

We got the GL1800 Champion in 2011. It is a 2004 Goldwing 1800 with a Sept. 2006 conversion kit. I live in the Ozarks, hardly a straight road to be found, and the straight axle kit is just right for the riding we do. I have ridden IRS trikes, and by the time I get the rear suspension stiff enough to give me the ride I like in the twisties it is very close to being a solid axle, but without the complexity. It's easy to maintain, and is solidly built. It also rides well on the highway when we do the distance thing.

The over-the-wheels storage in the trunk was a nice surprise - frees up a lot of trunk space. The Champion body and running gear have never let us down.Nothing to do with champion, but it is what Honda called "Kelly Magenta Metallic" - most folks (and the Missouri title) call it Purple. It is a 1 year only color for 2004 Goldwings. It had 99% of the farkles I would have put on anyway, at about the same price of most other more stripped down trikes of the same condition and mileage. It only took a few accessories and some pinstriping & lettering to make it all ours.

IMG_0857 - Copy.JPG

I had Zook add a Champion Trike kit on my 2014 Road King. This is my 2nd time around for Champion. I had one installed on a Wing a few years back. The kit is great. I appreciate the color match to the bike.

It's been awhile Phillip, good to see y'a again :wave4:

New here and just joined the Champion family I guess. I got an 08, VTX 1800 with the black kit already installed with 2100 miles on it. To me, it was just badazz beautiful. Just has a custom look to it. It has a solid axle and it rides great, first trike so I can't really compare but all is good. I really didn't know what I was buying except for the VTX, the dealer didn't have a clue but that didn't matter, probably why I got a good deal on it!

Mine is solid, great ride, comfortable, quick as I'll ever want or need, I'm pretty sure this is a keeper!

I don't know what year the kit is I haven't found any numbers or tags on it.

Now, how do I get my GF on the back with my 70 pound Boxer? :laugh:

I have the Champion kit on my 2001 Road star. My wife is partially disabled and could not ride before. Bought the kit threw an Installer in Kentucky. DXid the install myself with very little difficulty. Wife rides all the time now. Did not do the paint myself, took it to the local body shop. Am very happy with the conversion and would definitely do it again.

View attachment 19429

Thanks for your review. I'm wanting to buy a Royal Star and was wondering if the Champion would be a good fit for one. Is yours an SA? And does SA mean the axle? Wondering what IR is also?

He is a pic of "lil brother".

Hi Cavie, Do you tour with your VTX? I've seen several for sale, and wondering if I want to hold out for a bigger touring bike or this would be durable for Indiana to Montana. Then Indy to Florida. Then Indy to Texas. Got a trip planned to California also in August. First I have to buy a trike bike though.

Bought mine mainly for availability and price. (was already a trike and the price was right)

I do my own maintenance for the most part, so, easy of maintenance was a biggie. Research into what I needed to do showed a fairly simple maintenance requirements and really easy access to do the maintenance.

I love white vehicles (they actually show way less of the dust that we get here in the high desert), and this one's pearl white is really sharp. The lines of the body are really well defined and I just love the way it looks. :D

Thanks for the encouraging story FuzzyWuzHe. And your name makes me chuckle too. I too love the Pearl White. And am hoping for a trike with the right price to come along real soon. I just sold my Shadow with Voyager Kit. Wanting to tour the states and warm weather is now here!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png