Tires, Brakes and Rotors.

Reaction score
Rode round trip of 145 miles to the local Harley shop today. Put on new back tires @ 42,168 miles. Had the shop check the brake pads and rotors. They ask if I had put on the new rotor and brake pad kit that was specified in the directive. Of course I hadn't and it did really need both. Checked with the Motor Company and extended warranty and neither would pay for them under warranty.
Went ahead and put them on. What else could I do. It was quite expensive. Chrome cash helped defray some of the cost, but definitely the biggest cost was above the chrome cash. One good thing was free tire mounting. Best thing was new brakes, new tires and a good day to ride.ThumbUp

Yes I did. That's where they said they called Harley and Harley said it wouldn't cover them. I guess some people gets theirs paid for some don't. I didn't.

Yes I did. That's where they said they called Harley and Harley said it wouldn't cover them. I guess some people gets theirs paid for some don't. I didn't.

Same thing happened to me. At first the dealer said they would be covered, then after they made call to Harley and then the extended warranty people were called, they both said no. I had a copy of the Harley warranty bulletin but that did not make any difference. Oh well they work better than the original ones.

Same thing happened to me. At first the dealer said they would be covered, then after they made call to Harley and then the extended warranty people were called, they both said no. I had a copy of the Harley warranty bulletin but that did not make any difference. Oh well they work better than the original ones.

If you read the warranty bulletin, it says in order to be covered the bike must still be in the original 2 yr. warranty. My 2012 was but girlfriends 2010 wasn't even though she has the extended warranty. I checked with our dealer to be sure.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png