What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

Thanks for the tip about AN and PTFE. Mine also blew a lot of oil on the initial ride from the filter mount. Still trying to resolve that.

I got all the parts from Summit Racing. Haven't had a single drip since. I actually saw in the pictures on DK's website where someone else did the same thing so it just made sense.

I got all the parts from Summit Racing. Haven't had a single drip since. I actually saw in the pictures on DK's website where someone else did the same thing so it just made sense.

What size AN fittings did you use? Also are the DK adapter fittings pipe thread? I'm going to do this so no more leak worries.

Thank you.

Yes sir. You're welcome. The only issue I am still working out is adding the oil cooler but I may end up tig welding -AN fittings on it. Having a 30 year career in industrial maintenance leads me to overkill sometimes but immensely increases longevity and reliability.

Had the compensator changed over the weekend. If it wasn't under an ESP, which expires next week, I would have changed it myself. Parts were $273. for the compensator and $105 for the spring. (?) Why wouldn't the spring come with the unit? Anyway, with misc. gaskets and taxes...can't forget taxes... and labor the total would have been $744.05.

I also had the brake recall done as long as it was in the shop.

Other than the water pump, this has been the only issue I have had. Can't complain.

We got an early morning breakfast ride in, about 85 miles round trip. Gave the bike a decent cleaning, getting it ready for Maggie Valley next week.

I've been wrenching on my 18 TG for the past 3 days and one more to finish up. Due to a bone head move that I don't wish to discuss, I had to remove the rear head. Those coolant lines atop the heads are a real PITA. While I was at it I replaced the lifters with Feuling ones. Dealer reused the stock lifters when they install the SE stage 2 cam 16K miles ago. Started hearing weird noises, so why not. Anyway, hope to be riding tomorrow afternoon.

Due to a bone head move that I don't wish to discuss, I had to remove the rear head. Those coolant lines atop the heads are a real PITA.

Come on Don, tell us about the bonehead move. :D

I told everyone about when I was removing the inner (M8) cam bearing and it came out in pieces, had to split the cases, no debris inside debacle....

Stuff happens.

Come on Don, tell us about the bonehead move. :D

I told everyone about when I was removing the inner (M8) cam bearing and it came out in pieces, had to split the cases, no debris inside debacle....

Stuff happens.

A real rookie move on my part. Checking for TDC with a wooden chop stick. It did not all come back out.😳😵*💫 I knew better but did it anyway. A real brain fart. All good now though.😁

A real rookie move on my part. Checking for TDC with a wooden chop stick. It did not all come back out.😳😵*💫 I knew better but did it anyway. A real brain fart. All good now though.😁

You are not the first, nor last to to that. I did it (but with a #2 pencil) on my 95 Road king while changing cams and tensioners. Not to mention when mice filled my Rinehart mufflers with deer corn from then feeder. No damage, except that it scared the sh-t out me when I cranked it up and sand blasted the garage wall with deer corn! 😜 🤣

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png