What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

this weekend I put on a rear bumper have other things to put on but, its to fricken cold in the garage. as perfect as my new glide is I dont think she can negotiate the stairs into the house .

This is a perfect picture of my weekend. Rode quite a bit Sat. Sunday sat by the fire.

o~\o

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 141
I was going to start it up and take a spin but it was too damn cold. How cold? Looked out my window this moring and my Digital thermometer read : I QUIT

six more inches of snow Monday...UNCLE UNCLE.....

I stripped my front wheel, cleaned off all the corrosion, and had it painted,

While I set too painting the discs (rotors), goodbye corrosion, I'm thinking of doing the rear wheels shortly,

Very pleased with the result,:)

photo-4.jpg

While I set too painting the discs (rotors), goodbye corrosion, I'm thinking of doing the rear wheels shortly,

photo-4.jpg

Nice looking wheel.

I powder coated my wheels last year. Happy with them so far. Yours look great!
I have done a few other parts with the graphics also doing in powder coat. Black satin base and topped with satin powder clear coat. Did dash, passing and front turn cans and license plate light cover.
I think I am done for this winters "blacking out".
Dennis

013.jpg
014.jpg010.jpg004.jpg

photo-4.jpg

What? You didn't paint it to match the body work? :)

I kinda like the silver instead of black. Nice

Yes it was very warm and sunny here today, ;)Trust me to decide I would work on the bike and get an early start ThumbUp

Jack up and remove rear wheels, Getting them ready for painting tomorrow,

So I set too,I'd had a set of DK Comfort Lifts delivered before I had the bike, Worked to the instructions and all went well not a problem,
But the two cap head bolts holding the parking brake bracket were very tight, so I put my heat gun on them for a few minutes, Think they use some sort of powerful loctite ,

I was not able to try it out , But when the wheels are painted and fitted, I'll report back, :D

Here's a pic of my newly painted front wheel fitted, I think it looks much better,ThumbUp

photo-5.jpg

March 5 had new rotors and pads put on (under warranty) the rear no squeal now. This Tuesday hoping to have cams and lifters with adjustable push rods installed. Will start tear down Monday sometime. Cams from Fuel Moto TW222. Yes getting ready for summer bring it on.

- - - Updated - - -

ELVISTO like your wheels what color is that.

Paint Colour ? I'll ask when i go to collect the rear wheels ,RickieT

I'm sure it'll be a colour code number, but i'll let you all know, I chose it from a colour chart,

took to it with an angle grinder.... cut off the trailer socket, and replaced it with an Aussie one. had to rip out the relay box that i assume came with the towbar hitch. rewired the trailer loom, and reconnected the top box lights which had been disconnected by the ADR people. all working good. now we can go camping. (well once we have a collapsable table and chairs)

put on a new set of skeleton mirrors and rode it for a while. (had to break the mirrors in. worked great!)
any excuse to ride ! they look great with all the skully trim I already have.
going to ride some this afternoon :pepper:

great ride ! mirrors worked flawlessly .
fuel problems and battery problems with a friends bike. slowed us down a bit. her bike has been sitting in a basement garage all winter. old gas and a lizard lite left on caused the trouble.
set us back about an hour. on the way home (about 40 miles out, getting dark. ) the bike started bucking and not wanting to take gas.
drained fuel and put fresh in. works fine now. still a nice ride for march.

Got to check out the bike once in awhile even in the winter.

Tom, did you put StaBil in the tank at the beginning?

Before I started riding in the winter and even now, I put StaBil in the tank. then come spring I drive away with no fuel problems at all. ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balcy24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balcy24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png