What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

My Evolution HD spring arrived from Dennis yesterday, went in the box with the Barnett Clutch and Hayden tensioner. Sure hope I get some warm weather in March to install it all, plus all the other bits and pieces I have been ordering over the long cold Canadian winter.

Would love that rake kit but with the Canadian dollar slipping down to the 90 cent range, things are getting more expensive.

cool place to eat and drink nehi"s . the dealership sold recently . how is it?

The entire atmosphere has changed...big improvement. Lots more inventory. I have not purchased a bike there since the change over, but I have purchased some parts. Parts guys are more knowledgeable, more helpful, and generally easier to work with.

I also have not gotten any service work done, but I did spend about 45 minutes with the new service manage. We will be renting their dyno for a full day sometime in February to test out a bunch of parts. This is the first time we will be renting this dyno room...previously we did not feel comfortable with the service department to work with them on their dyno.

So far, everything about the change has been good for us. :)

Kevin

Finally getting a performance exhaust from Freedom performance exhaust. Old system is off, new system and a TTS Flash by end of week. Putting on the Racing True Dual System.

Actually Saturday. Met up with a buddy and rode 150 mile round trip to pick up a case of wine. It was about 60 degrees for the ride!

I was up early, off to the dealers to get my recalls fixed, oh just the water filler neck, ;)wasn't leaking !

Had a mph speedo fitted, it came with the wrong one, New left hand switch assembly, the volume button had a fault,

Then they fitted my new faring mirrors with the chrome covers and side flashers, very nice too,certainly finish it off, now the handlebars are less cluttered, and i can see more to the rear now, big improvement

The loaned me a brand new V Rod special for the day, I enjoyed riding the bike, makes a nice change, and if I was in the market ,i'd buy one, I think :)

On my '12 TG I had the Harley GPS fairing mount and a Kruiser Kaddy drink holder on the right side handlebar. Had no place to put the CB hand mike bracker because of the reverse control. With the '14 TG I think I can put the CB bracket back on the left handlebar and the drink holder back on the right side. Since I ride solo I can also put a bottle in the leather saddlebags on either side. ThumbUp

I put the lower mounted one from Harley that mounts off the front down tubes on the frame. It sets just behibd the left glove box in the lowers. Works great.
It does eventually pick up some heat from the engine area, but no more than siting in the sun behind the windshield.

DSC_0034-2.jpgView attachment 18588

Finally, someone that actually installed one of these. I was always under the impression that that was the worst place to mount a drink holder - right next to the engine. Looks like I maybe wrong. ThumbUp
Don't know about your comparrison though. What if it isn't sunny out?
I notice a lot of my riding friends do not have insulated bottles, just a regular plastic bottle.....usually water.
I still think it is too hot in that location - unless you have a really good insulated cup.
Does it block the lower fairing pocket? It looks like it does from your picture.

I like my drinks up on the handlebars where it's easy to reach without taking my eyes off the road. I guess after you get use to it being there, you don't need to look.
At least it's on the "coolest" side of the engine. :D

Finally, someone that actually installed one of these. I was always under the impression that that was the worst place to mount a drink holder - right next to the engine. Looks like I maybe wrong. ThumbUp
Don't know about your comparrison though. What if it isn't sunny out?
I notice a lot of my riding friends do not have insulated bottles, just a regular plastic bottle.....usually water.
I still think it is too hot in that location - unless you have a really good insulated cup.
Does it block the lower fairing pocket? It looks like it does from your picture.

I like my drinks up on the handlebars where it's easy to reach without taking my eyes off the road. I guess after you get use to it being there, you don't need to look.
At least it's on the "coolest" side of the engine. :D

I had this type drink holder. Now a shelve is holding the drink holder. Most of my drink went on me and bike. I did not like the setup.
Dennis

well today in MD it' 34 degrees and I just spent the la ast 4 hours shoveling the 16" we got. But to do that, I had to walk pass the Trike, say few curse words and proceed out to the driveway..check out my hot tub today.

hot tub feb 13 2014.jpg

I had this type drink holder. Now a shelve is holding the drink holder. Most of my drink went on me and bike. I did not like the setup.
Dennis

I have that problem if I put in a drink with a straw in a full cup. I mainly carry my coffee in it anyway, or a bottle drink like pop. If you are in stop & go traffic, you need to have coffee for sure! While out just bombing around there is a new one iced down in a cooler in the tour pac anyway.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rramo
Back