What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

I bought your tank lift!

Cool! Appreciate Your business. Would be great to see some pics of how it looks, and a report on how you like it!

Kevin

- - - Updated - - -

Just looked at her today...wishing I was riding instead of working. :)

Yesterday I rode about 100 miles of backroads, and another 40 of interstate.

Saturday night we had some high winds and a tornado pass thru. Lots of branches and trees down. Debris all over the roads. Wet pine needles can be slippery just like wet leaves.

Sure was nice to be on 3 wheels and not worry about all that stuff.

Kevin

Thinking about going out to the shed today and kicking the thermostat up to 65 so I can change the oil in the trike and the '94. It is a balmy minus 11.4 on the indoor/outdoor. Then I may make the 25 mile trip to J&P and grab some Redline for the trannys and that will be my Christmas gift for both bikes. I would have to hire a Bobcat to get anything out of the shed today for all the snow that drifted. Man, 11 below is cold!!!!

Been in the 80's the last couple of days here on the High Deserts of SoCal. Went out this morning to ride to breakfast and ..... FLAT TIRE!!! Unfortunately I couldn't ride, fortunately it is a rear tire. Whole lot easier to change one of the rears on a trike than the solo rear on my old Ultra. Off to the 'tire fixer' tomorrow morning.

At 4408 miles I went through the 5K mile check list/service. I'm not sure what the dealer used at the 1K mile service to tighten the filter, (if they changed it). Not much room to get a wrench in there and when I did, before I got it broke free I bent the wrench. I thought I was going to have to chisel it off. Put Amsoil in the engine and Redline Shockproof in the tranny, 1st time using them both. No drips anwhere. It won't be difficult to read the fluid level in the tranny. Sure is red.

Mary and I rode down to a local dealer today...sunny and 45*. Met some friends there that are looking for a Heritage. Checked out all the bikes, went and had a nice late lunch at the "Filling Station" restaurant next door. Then had a nice 50 mile putt back home. ThumbUp

Kevin

I installed my Ultracool oil cooler today and had no leaks. Third time seemed to be the magic number. Ultracool people are nice to work with and work at having satisfied customers. Went for a long ride to warm it up enough for the fans to come on, but at 40 degrees it wouldn't get hot enough so I let it idle in the driveway. Works good.

My wife and I took advantage of some mid 50* temps to enjoy the new mods just completed. A mid January surprise.
I'm going to need that ComfortLift kit as the new mufflers do need raised up a bit. Incurred a scrape today.
Or I could just do wheelies and the mufflers be damned. ;)

my wife and i took our trikes out for brunch with the temp. about 62 degrees here in sunny Florida. we drove about 40 miles to the restaurant and then took the long way back, about 50 miles. i am not rubbing it in as i lived in upstate N.Y. for 52 years with all that crappy weather and then got smart and moved to Florida 17 years ago and never regretted it.

Good Luck with whatever you do.

The main reason I bought my TG now is because my job situation isn't very good, so I thought, since I have the money now (and won't later), that I better buy the TG now and be guaranteed I'll have something to ride for the next 20 or so years. ThumbUp

Besides my hips are starting to worry me. Maybe another 3 or 4 years on a 2 wheeler would be my limit. I sure don't see the option of "NOT" riding in my 70's and 80's. :)

It would be nice if I could afford 2 bikes. A 2 wheel and the TG :D

Pulled all the connections of the reverse motor' Cleaned them' reinstalled them, To no avail, Took a shot in the dark, Kinda knew it was a bad solenoid but what the hey. Going to do a lot of back pedaling till I can get the part.
Just got to remember to park up hill for a few days.... Such is life.....

This last weekend I tracked down a new vibration that had started about 2 weeks ago.

The right header had completely broken right behind the collector.

In retrospect I believe this has been a long time in development. Probably started cracking back to our trip up to Alaska and all those rough roads in the Yukon and the Haul Road up to the arctic circle.

I should have caught it earlier, but it happened so gradually I did not notice the exhaust had changed so drastically until it was repaired.

This is on the right side, right after the cross-over pipe out of the collector.

TGBroke1_zps5328a9a4.jpg

It broke right past the factory weld. Even after it was completely broken the hose clamp that holds the heat shield onto the pipes was keeping it perfectly lined up.

TGBroke2_zpsbadf6f1d.jpg

I am pretty sure I could have gotten it replaced under warranty. But figured it would be easier to repair than to remove the cat out of the new header.

So we covered up all the paint and wires and welded it back together.

TGBrokePrep_zpseaf0e86e.jpg

The pipe HD used in these headers is some of the worst material we have ever seen. After welding it up, we checked for any leaks. Then we formed a 3" x 1" piece of mild steel and welded it to the backside across the joint to give it some extra strength.

TGWelding_zps1cb292d3.jpg

Rode it home last night. No leaks and much different sound than I had gradually become accustomed to.

At some point I will be putting some aftermarket headers on, but right now we wanted to get it back right with the stock headers for some dyno testing of new parts in a few weeks.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png