What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

HA HA Small World Indeed

Small world Mike. My wife is from Jackson, MS. We met when I was stationed at the SAC base in Columbus, MS, and she was in college there. And I too got to spend time in Guam and Okinawa as well. SAC was transitioning back them and moving north with fewer bases so I got to spend my last tour in Izmir, Turkey. Really enjoyed it over there.

Well you are right, it is a small world at times. You are another guy that met his wife while stationed in Columbus. Were you in training there? Now for the other small word item. I spent 18 months from December of 69- April of 71 at Karamursel Air station, Karamursel Turkey. I then spent my last 9 months at a Navy site called Card Sound while stationed at Homestead AFB. the Card Sound site was located south of Homestead. My best friend was also stationed at CAFB before going to Quam.

I remember getting to watch several B-52 (BUFF's) taking off during an ORI one time at CAFB. It was an impressive and loud display of American air power. :clapping::D:D

BTW, I was born and raised in Jackson, Clinton and lived in Madison for many years. Also, our Son finished school in Mechanical Engineering at MS State while his now wife was attending MUW, or the "W" as it was known.

Well you are right, it is a small world at times. You are another guy that met his wife while stationed in Columbus. Were you in training there? Now for the other small word item. I spent 18 months from December of 69- April of 71 at Karamursel Air station, Karamursel Turkey. I then spent my last 9 months at a Navy site called Card Sound while stationed at Homestead AFB. the Card Sound site was located south of Homestead. My best friend was also stationed at CAFB before going to Quam.

I remember getting to watch several B-52 (BUFF's) taking off during an ORI one time at CAFB. It was an impressive and loud display of American air power. :clapping::D:D

BTW, I was born and raised in Jackson, Clinton and lived in Madison for many years. Also, our Son finished school in Mechanical Engineering at MS State while his now wife was attending MUW, or the "W" as it was known.

Hi Mike. I can't PM you here on the board but feel free to email me at: harleyjerry@att.net and we can continue this trip down memory lane, lol.

Picked up a trunk guard and highway peg mounts. Guys at the dealer looked bored 3 guys wanted to help, nobody was out -4 and wind will do that up here

When I was up your way last summer I saw that I had lost the plastic cover over the water pump on my 2018 Tri-Glide. Now I doubt that it is really necessary but I thought it was there to protect from flying debris that might damage the pump or coolant lines so I wanted to get it replaced. Bald Eagle H-D there in Marquette is the ONLY dealer in the U P so I made it a point to stop there after leaving Ishpeming. When I inquired about the part they of course did not have it in stock. But they did have a new Tri-Glide on the floor and the parts guy without being asked said he would take the part off his TG and sell it to me. Now that is customer service. Wish all dealers were like that. :)

When I was up your way last summer I saw that I had lost the plastic cover over the water pump on my 2018 Tri-Glide. Now I doubt that it is really necessary but I thought it was there to protect from flying debris that might damage the pump or coolant lines so I wanted to get it replaced. Bald Eagle H-D there in Marquette is the ONLY dealer in the U P so I made it a point to stop there after leaving Ishpeming. When I inquired about the part they of course did not have it in stock. But they did have a new Tri-Glide on the floor and the parts guy without being asked said he would take the part off his TG and sell it to me. Now that is customer service. Wish all dealers were like that. :)

Now that kind of service is REALLY hard to find. I will try that at my local stealer and see what happens.

the dealer has been good all I could get when I got the bike was fender bras,back rest and 1000 mile oil change. sounds like coming off the price isn't a thing a lot of them do.

you came thru all our road construction, round-a-bouts everywhere

the dealer has been good all I could get when I got the bike was fender bras,back rest and 1000 mile oil change. sounds like coming off the price isn't a thing a lot of them do.

you came thru all our road construction, round-a-bouts everywhere

Yes I did and I remember it all too well. :laugh:

I got my Target Tune Kit from Fuelmoto on Tuesday, so Wednesday morning started pulling the exhaust pipe off. I had purchased a used head pipe and ripped out the cat. converter and welded in 18 mm bungs in preps for installing the wide band O2 sensors. Install sensors and tried to install the pipe, Oh Crap it don't fit. The O2 sensor are much longer than the stock ones. The front one I was able to weld in another bung just a couple inches lower and the rear one I had to change the angle. Got those welded in Thursday morning and got the rest of the wiring done. Sent the map that I had been using off to DynoJet and got it back late yesterday. got it downloaded to my computer and loaded on the Power Vision. So tomorrow going out for a couple of auto tuning runs

Today I put new low dust rear brake pads on the Black CVO TG. I plan on finishing the wiring for the third brake light on the Black CVO TG and put low dust brake pads on the White CVO TG by the end of the day if time allows.

I got my Target Tune Kit from Fuelmoto on Tuesday, so Wednesday morning started pulling the exhaust pipe off. I had purchased a used head pipe and ripped out the cat. converter and welded in 18 mm bungs in preps for installing the wide band O2 sensors. Install sensors and tried to install the pipe, Oh Crap it don't fit. The O2 sensor are much longer than the stock ones. The front one I was able to weld in another bung just a couple inches lower and the rear one I had to change the angle. Got those welded in Thursday morning and got the rest of the wiring done. Sent the map that I had been using off to DynoJet and got it back late yesterday. got it downloaded to my computer and loaded on the Power Vision. So tomorrow going out for a couple of auto tuning runs

Be interested to see results ... My standard auto tuning is pretty good, but always wonder if I should go with the wide band.

F4, Sheepskin and Flags

Decent Day, overcast but like 50*.

First I touched up all the little chips on the Jeep ... getting ready to do the ceramic on it.

Next, I did the install on the F4 windshield.

F4 Cockpit.jpg

Looks like a stock one, but, it's thicker and soooo much clearer.

Then I notched the sheepskin to accept the back rest. First I pulled the sheepskin back towards the rear until I could "see" the opening for the backrest. Marked the opening with a Sharpy.

Sheap Skin Line.jpg

Next I took it off and put it on a board and notched the skin from the back.

Sheap Skin Hole.jpg

Back on the trike with the Backrest installed.

Sheap Skinn Front.jpg

A couple pics showing the ends "tucked in" ... shouldn't go anywhere.

Left

Sheap Skin Left.jpg

Right, sorry about the fat finger on the edge of the lens.

Sheap Skin Right.jpg

More in next post.

Stage 3

Anybody do a stage 3 on there M8 ? I did a stage 2 did not think much improvement ? I ordered a stage 3 Saturday , going to install myself ? I no I will loose my warranty B F D they would find a reason to not warranty it anyway .

Be interested to see results ... My standard auto tuning is pretty good, but always wonder if I should go with the wide band.

The Target Tune made a pretty significant improvement over a good standard auto tune on my Sportster....but I've never felt the need to get that extra on the Tri Glide. Well, it would be nice, but never felt it was worth it, but that's just me. If one was looking to eek out every bit they could, it is the way to go. HERE are more details on it. Gotta have the wide band bungs in the header too.

Kevin

Anybody do a stage 3 on there M8 ? I did a stage 2 did not think much improvement ? I ordered a stage 3 Saturday , going to install myself ? I no I will loose my warranty B F D they would find a reason to not warranty it anyway .

Most folks that are not happy with their Stage I or Stage II is because the Stage I is a mediocre one...ie. not a Performance Stage I.

The Stage I is the basis for all future upgrades. Got to have a good foundation to build on.

Here's a LINK to some useful info on the subject.

We see it all the time...folks who have done a Stage I AND a Stage II and are not getting as much of a power increase as folks who do a Performance Stage I.

LINK to more important info on the subject.

Kevin

The Target Tune made a pretty significant improvement over a good standard auto tune on my Sportster....but I've never felt the need to get that extra on the Tri Glide. Well, it would be nice, but never felt it was worth it, but that's just me. If one was looking to eek out every bit they could, it is the way to go. HERE are more details on it. Gotta have the wide band bungs in the header too.

Kevin

Hmmmmm ... not sure I'm up to pulling the exhaust again ... LOL ... then weld new bungs ... spend more $$$ ... FBG runs pretty well now and the maps are updated ... oil is gonna get cooler ... the rocker lockers will make her sound like a Gold Wing ... life is good.

I had 10" bars put on today. I had them on my "15 Ultra Classic and loved them. Rode a little bit with them today an they still feel like they are about an inch too far away:-( Still better than what I had. If I moved them closer it would lower them and put hand grips at a different angle so I will probably leave them be.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png