What did you do to Your Tri-Glide Today?

I already bought the stage 3 screamin eagle I hope to install next Saturday and see how it goes I paid $ 1200. I have both screaming eagle tuners I have done the exhaust and air cleaner if I get 115 ft pds of torque I will be happy THE WARRANTY I DONT CARE IF BLOWS UP I WILL FIX IT me and my brothers race dirt cars build are own motors and cars, blow them up fix them they get wrecked fix them . I cant wait to see how it turns out . thanks

Cool! Look forward to hearing how you like it.

Kevin

It's been raining since noon yesterday ... so haven't done much ... about 7 am this morning, I did get a small break, and did go out and mount the bags on covers on the lowers.

Left Closed

View attachment 83597

Left Open

View attachment 83598

Right Closed

View attachment 83599

Didn't do a right open, it's the same. I did however also mount my Ciro Dash mount back on the dash.

View attachment 83600

I'm sort of digging those lower fairing bags...might get myself a pair. Not sure what I would put in there, but I'm sure I would find them useful...maybe my night time riding glasses...easier than getting in the Tour-Pak for them.

Kevin

Last edited:
I'm sort of digging those lower fairing bags...might get myself a pair. Not sure what I would put in there, but I'm sure I would find them useful...maybe my night time riding glasses...easier than getting in the Tour-Pak for them.

Kevin

Those fairing bags are the bomb for sure. Put them on my '17 CVO Limited in September 2016. Then I transferred them to my '18 TG and now my '20 TG. They are great for holding small items. Kevin I've not tried them for glasses but I don't think they are quite big enough. I'll have to check that out. In any case it's no problem finding things to fit in them. Wouldn't want to be without. :)

Yesterday and today I've been working on my new Aluma TK1 trailer. I picked the trailer up last Monday, February 17th, and the weather has been sucky since then. But yesterday I did get the chock installed - a Wheel Dock. Yeah I know it's probably overkill but I really, really like the Wheel Dock and wanted it in the trailer. Then I installed some X-Track rails along the side so I can tie it down to keep it from any possibility of moving side to side. I'll try and get some photos in the next few days.

New parts

Just add A few new parts like.
S&S TC3 Oil Pump & Cam plate Kit

S&S 557 Cam Kit

S&S Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner S&S CAM BEARING S&S Complete Push rod Kit Cometic AFM Series Cam Cover Gasket

and finally replaced the header pipe with Vance Hines power duals form Keven. Thanks man!

Now all I need is a nice day to brake it all in!!!:gah:

Yes they are.

Kevin

Yes, they are very handy and you will probably use them more than you think. Had them for about 2 years and glad I purchased them. Very easy install.

I completed the installation of the Wheel Dock chock and the X-Track rails in my new Aluma TK1 trailer over the weekend. Yesterday it was raining all day so today I had an opportunity to take it out for a shake down cruise over city streets, two lane county roads and oh yes, interstates. I am really impressed with the quality of this trailer and how well it pulls. I hardly know it's back there. And my wife is the one who noticed that it was less than half the price of our most recent (in April 2007) Bushtec pull behind trailer. In any case our trailer pulling with the motorcycle / trike are over and we're entering a new era where we'll pull the trike to our destination . . . that is when we're going on a destination ride and plan to stay in the area.

Here are a few photos:

IMG_0230.jpgIMG_0231.jpgIMG_0232.jpgIMG_0233.jpgIMG_0234.jpg

Yeah, I know . . . it's probably overkill with the chock and strapping. But I don't want nuthin' falling off there, lol. :laugh:

VERY NICE

Well that is a fine looking trailer and trike. You are going to love the TK1. Looks just like mine except I don't have the X track yet, but I think I will add them. I did mount my spare up front on the tongue about 1/2 inch from the box.

I saw a lot of post a couple of years ago where some guys said the side mounted tire throws a lot of rain water coming off the tow vehicle up on the side of the trike. Congrats on the fine looking combo!:Coffee:

BTW, what size and type screws/nuts etc. did you use on the X Track install. That is a lot of hole drilling.

Well that is a fine looking trailer and trike. You are going to love the TK1. Looks just like mine except I don't have the X track yet, but I think I will add them. I did mount my spare up front on the tongue about 1/2 inch from the box.

I saw a lot of post a couple of years ago where some guys said the side mounted tire throws a lot of rain water coming off the tow vehicle up on the side of the trike. Congrats on the fine looking combo!:Coffee:

BTW, what size and type screws/nuts etc. did you use on the X Track install. That is a lot of hole drilling.

Screws are 1/4-20 x 1. I used a fender washer and lock washer also. Yeah it is a lot of holes - 48 per each track. Yikes.

CORRECTION: 24 screws per each 2 foot long rail. 48 screws in all.

Thanks for the info about the spare tire. I just mounted it where I saw some photos on the Aluma website. If it's a problem I can definitely move it.

Rake Kit plus

So I was thinking about Zook doing the rake kit on my Tri in April. I got the bug up my b$tt to see if he could swap out the bars for a set of the Khrome Worx 2+2 sweeps ... don’t care if the wires are internal or not, more into the function. Randy is looking into what it’s gonna take.

I figured while he had the faring off ... what the hay... might as well get it all done at once. I was worried about scheduling it, but, as usual, Randy was very accommodating.

He’s so good at customer service. Even when the customer is a pain like me :D

I completed the installation of the Wheel Dock chock and the X-Track rails in my new Aluma TK1 trailer over the weekend. Yesterday it was raining all day so today I had an opportunity to take it out for a shake down cruise over city streets, two lane county roads and oh yes, interstates. I am really impressed with the quality of this trailer and how well it pulls. I hardly know it's back there. And my wife is the one who noticed that it was less than half the price of our most recent (in April 2007) Bushtec pull behind trailer. In any case our trailer pulling with the motorcycle / trike are over and we're entering a new era where we'll pull the trike to our destination . . . that is when we're going on a destination ride and plan to stay in the area.

Here are a few photos:

View attachment 83761View attachment 83763View attachment 83762View attachment 83764View attachment 83765

Yeah, I know . . . it's probably overkill with the chock and strapping. But I don't want nuthin' falling off there, lol. :laugh:

I am soooo jealous what a great looking rig. I just love the color! Really looking forward to see you in April.

So I was thinking about Zook doing the rake kit on my Tri in April. I got the bug up my b$tt to see if he could swap out the bars for a set of the Khrome Worx 2+2 sweeps ... don’t care if the wires are internal or not, more into the function. Randy is looking into what it’s gonna take.

I figured while he had the faring off ... what the hay... might as well get it all done at once. I was worried about scheduling it, but, as usual, Randy was very accommodating.

He’s so good at customer service. Even when the customer is a pain like me :D
Get the bars switched Alan you will not regret it, mine are great improvement. Not just lessens the sore back, neck and shoulders they add leverage. I ride with a straighter back and shoulders. more comfortable than I ever was with OEM bars. :good:

DSC00999.JPG

ride safe Fred

Yesterday the ride to and from work was in the balmy 50's.

This morning, it was 40 degrees...not bad, except it start sleeting about halfway here. brrr.

Just went out and covered my seat cause now it is up to a whopping 41 degrees, but it has started raining. Rain should stop before heading home later today. :)

Kevin

Here are a few photos:

View attachment 83761View attachment 83763View attachment 83762View attachment 83764View attachment 83765

Jerry, that is one very good looking Tri Glide!!!! Trailer is nice too.

Kevin

I went out in the garage & LOOKED at mine. Have not got to ride it yet !!! We brought it home in the trailer. Then the couple days it was clear but cold, I was sick. Now I'm better & it is 34* & snowing. crap :blush::Shrug: Their saying maybe 2"

I went out in the garage & LOOKED at mine. Have not got to ride it yet !!! We brought it home in the trailer. Then the couple days it was clear but cold, I was sick. Now I'm better & it is 34* & snowing. crap :blush::Shrug: Their saying maybe 2"

Yuck. :( Keep it up there please!

Heck I've only got 228 miles on mine and 130 of that was the ride home from the dealer where I purchased it on December 31, 2019. Got to take it out one time before my knee replacement surgery a week later. And it took me several weeks before I was able to get on it and I've only been out for a couple short rides due to the cold and rainy weather. Soon, very soon it'll be much nicer and we'll be on the road again.

And Bill I hope it warms up enough for you to ride your new TG very soon.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stockville69
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png