Alternator Output on 2014 Triglide

Reaction score
I seem to be having a heck of a time trying to find out what the 2014 Triglides have for alternator output.

Do they have the standard 50 amp system like the '13 and earlier, or do they have the new high output charging system in there?

I keep getting conflicting answers. Does anyone know for sure?

I seem to be having a heck of a time trying to find out what the 2014 Triglides have for alternator output.

Do they have the standard 50 amp system like the '13 and earlier, or do they have the new high output charging system in there?

I keep getting conflicting answers. Does anyone know for sure?

The only model with the high out put charging system is the CVO Ultra Limited, the rest still have the same system as the 13's. FWIW the difference is only about 5 amps or about 60 watts which in the grand scheme of things isn't much.

The only model with the high out put charging system is the CVO Ultra Limited, the rest still have the same system as the 13's. FWIW the difference is only about 5 amps or about 60 watts which in the grand scheme of things isn't much.

Especially since all the lighting is LED.:kpzxvq:

Well I can't say for sure but I seriously doubt they would have went to a higher out put charging system especially seeing as the Head and passing lamps are now LED on the 14's which takes a considerable amount of load off the charging system over the standard head and passing lamps. But any Harley service tech or parts person should be able to give you a definite answer.
Dan

The lighting might be LED & draw less current, but the '14's also have an electric water pump, & two cooling fans to operate that weren't there before. Also how much does that big screen informant stereo system draw over the old stereo ?:cxtv:

"The lighting might be LED & draw less current, but the '14's also have an electric water pump, & two cooling fans to operate that weren't there before. Also how much does that big screen informant stereo system draw over the old stereo ? "

I guess I wasn't thinking about that stuff. I was just thinking the LED lights draw less. Thanks for posting that info. Definitely something that needs to be figured in to the total equation.
So I'd say the question is not only what the out put is of the charging system on the 14's but also what the actual load is on the system too. I doubt the big screen informant stereo system draws much. That electronic stuff usually don't. But the electric water pump, & two cooling fans could draw quite a bit.
Dan

I would like to know that also. How close will I be to maxin out the system. I installed the Ultra Cool oil cooler that has 2 fans, and now I'm gonna add the Werks Fans for the heads.
Hope it's not pulling too much? Has anybody else installed both?

I would like to know that also. How close will I be to maxin out the system. I installed the Ultra Cool oil cooler that has 2 fans, and now I'm gonna add the Werks Fans for the heads.

I think you'll be good to go. There are folks who run 2 sets of heated clothing on them, I've not heard any complaints.

I think you'll be good to go. There are folks who run 2 sets of heated clothing on them, I've not heard any complaints.

Thank's Mike, that's what I was hopin.

P.S. I walked from the house to the mail box yesterday, gettin better.:)

I guess I don't understand why would you need those fans if you have a 2014 Tri Glide?

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png