• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad Conversion

Reaction score
I am having my 08 Nomad 1600 converted right now, and I have been searching high and low for others who have the Hannigan kit on their Kawasakis. The info is very hard to come by, and I am wondering if I am going to be riding a truly unique trike when it's done?

Well, not a lot of Kawasaki Trike folks on the Forum as of yet unfortunately. There aren't many compared to GL's or HD's but definitely not "unique". However, you will obviously be one of the first to be an active participant here.
For that,,,, Glad you're here and Post away ThumbUp

Well!!!

As of yesterday I am the proud new owner of a Diablo Black and Chrome Kawi VN1600 with the Hannigan trike kit, with electric reverse. Too cold (wind chill of 7 degrees) to do pics today, but they are coming soon. Can't wait to ride it.

Congrats Mr. B ThumbUp

Twas a tad cold & wet yesterday wasn't it. Hoping for enough sunshine and warmer temps for you to give it a proper Shake-Down Cruise.
Post some Pics of your Black & Chrome Beauty. It IS a stunner.

Enjoy!

Birdman;
I have an '09 Kawasaki Voyager with a Champion trike kit on it, and we enjoy the heck out of it. I have the raked TT, and it steers like power steering. We also have the Independent rear suspension, does yours? Took it on a 6070 mile journey this past July, pulling a Hannigan trailer, 2 up, got surprising gas mileage, noted reduction in power, but it got us from Sacramento, CA to the Dragon and back again in near 105 degree weather, and torrential rain with no problems. Your's is a beaut! Look forward to many happy trips with your rig, you will enjoy it!!

hank43

Birdman;
I have an '09 Kawasaki Voyager with a Champion trike kit on it, and we enjoy the heck out of it. I have the raked TT, and it steers like power steering. We also have the Independent rear suspension, does yours? Took it on a 6070 mile journey this past July, pulling a Hannigan trailer, 2 up, got surprising gas mileage, noted reduction in power, but it got us from Sacramento, CA to the Dragon and back again in near 105 degree weather, and torrential rain with no problems. Your's is a beaut! Look forward to many happy trips with your rig, you will enjoy it!!

hank43

Hi Hank43,

Thanks. Yes I also have Independent Rear Suspension and the Steer Light installed by Hannigan. I look forward to some fun trips next spring.

Good looking ride like the fairing is made for nomad or adapted i am asking as i have a 06 nomad hanningan conversion i like the ride and stability . also have power commander installed.i think you will joy the unit. i also run a metzler rear tire on the front really like it.

Last edited:
Good looking ride like the fairing is made for nomad or adapted i am asking as i have a 06 nomad hanningan conversion i like the ride and stability . also have power commander installed.i think you will joy the unit. i also run a metzler rear tire on the front really like it.

Thanks. The fairing is made by tsukayu. It was on the vulcan when I bought it. I am looking to install a rear tire on the front too. I was planning on the Michelin Pilot Active mounted backwards. Look forward to really putting some miles on it this spring.

I am glad you are enjoying the trike....once had a 1600 nomad two wheeler and loved it.

Best wishes,

Bob in North Carolina

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png