Wine Barrel Trailer

rwhgme

Sep 24, 2010
Shawnee,Ks
What kind, how big, what brand of trailer would you buy to mount a wine barrel to? I need it to be able to go several thousand miles at a time at 70-80 miles per hour..PLEASE?

Last year I helped a friend build one of the Harbor Freight trailers. Over the years I've hear of several that guys had built and pulled but I would never had trusted this trailer last year. The wheels were so warped it would have shook itself apart going down the road. My friend took the wheels back and exchanged them. The replacements were better but still not 100%. He has pulled it behind his GL1800 once without any problem.

If you have the facility, skill, and time I suggest you build it yourself from scratch. I have built three trailers now and every one of them pulled like a dream. I use torsion axles to soften the ride and good quality wheels, hubs, and bearings... I guess you could use the Harbor Freight frame then replace all their running gear with upgraded quality.

These are the two trailers I have right now. One for short trips and one for long camping trips...

FirstPix2.jpg

JustDone1.jpg

What kind, how big, what brand of trailer would you buy to mount a wine barrel to? I need it to be able to go several thousand miles at a time at 70-80 miles per hour..PLEASE?

The problem here is, you have to understand that your sweet bride can't swim in the barrel while you go down the road!:laugh::laugh:

you have several issues to resolve

How much weight can you/ do you want to pull
ie what are you pulling it with?

How much does the barrel weigh?

How much will the trailer weight, before you start?

How much does the stuff weigh that you going to put in it?

Is the trailer going to need brakes?

,,I just recently sold one I had made from a small pwc trailer pulled great ,, mounted the springs under the axle to lower it , took the arms off and went from there , painted it to match worked great . The only reason for selling is I found a great deal on a Bushtec , getting it painted this week .

2010 Triglide with a few mods will be pulling it. Barrel weighs about 80lbs. Will need to hold up to 100 lbs. i am looking at the Bushtec minimalist trailer as I don't want the Harbor Freight quality issues. However, if I do go with HF, I will upgrade the wheel bearings and wheels and tires.

Back in 2010 I built my trailer. I made my own axle and use harley wheels that I got for a great price. Then refinished the barrel and made and oak flor for the trailer. I know the total weight if loaded trailer on the back if my ultra classic 2-wheeler was 1320lbs. I had no problems the 2 years I pulled it so now behind the trike I know there won't be an as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 194
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 184
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 181
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 183
Back in 2010 I built my trailer. I made my own axle and use harley wheels that I got for a great price. Then refinished the barrel and made and oak flor for the trailer. I know the total weight if loaded trailer on the back if my ultra classic 2-wheeler was 1320lbs. I had no problems the 2 years I pulled it so now behind the trike I know there won't be an as well.

Your trailer is gorgeous!!! I really like the way that you painted the wheels to look like wood... Nice work!

Your trailer is gorgeous!!! I really like the way that you painted the wheels to look like wood... Nice work!

NO Sh, er, Poop! The First Seven Times I Looked at & Admired it All, I'm Thinking, Who's He trying to Kid about Harley Wheels????
I Honestly Thought they were Some kind of Wooden Wheel! I Had to go back & increase the Pic a Bunch to See That. Way Cool Brother, WAYYYY COOL! ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png