Yamaha 1800 vtx

Definitely an older conversion by design of body.
It will be what most call a Solid Axle conversion and not IRS.
You will want to test ride it with your Second Up passenger onboard if you are buying it for such.
Careful of the offset driveshaft design. Will want to see if front end Triples have been modified or replaced for a set with increased Steering Angle or not.

Definitely an older conversion by design of body.
It will be what most call a Solid Axle conversion and not IRS.
You will want to test ride it with your Second Up passenger onboard if you are buying it for such.
Careful of the offset driveshaft design. Will want to see if front end Triples have been modified or replaced for a set with increased Steering Angle or not.

I am aware of the solid axel but don't think I can afford IRS. How would I know if the tree has been modified?? Motor Trike brags that rake is not need on there kits.

Veritas44;2033[COLOR="#FF0000" said:
04[/COLOR]]They say THAT huh ???? :confused:

Here is copy from their web site

Motor Trike does not significantly increase the wheelbase length when installing a trike conversion onto a motorcycle. This preserves low-speed maneuverability similar to that of a two-wheel bike while still allowing the trike to handle and ride smoothly at any speed without a rake kit.

Well then By All Means ThumbUp

In keeping with the Season,,, Must have been some "Magic" in that ol' Trike they found..... :D

I'd ask some MT Owner's experienced in both With & Without. Great source would be George P. Aka KJ5IX on here and GL1800riders. He "wrote the book" so to speak.

P.s. Wheels is another great source for info and input. He had over 150k on his MT.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png