mirror issue

Nov 2, 2013
Queensbury
Hi All- New to the Stallions so am seeking more guidance here: Rear view with but 2 side mirrors is less than adequate re: seeing what's directly behind. Just saw the Sharper Image catalogue and they have a rear view camera for bicycles but has to be charged each time. I'm looking to hard-wire something similar that can be mounted re: the monitor, OR, perhaps a rearview mirror mounted to the near edge (top) of windshield... Any advice; (sorry if this has been discussed previously and am now "pestering"?). BTW, before it goes into the customizer, (Mac the Knife in Americade territory where I now live), I'm having those pesky ladder trusses replaced and wish to express grats to the Motortrike Co. for the accommodation on these replacements. Safe and Happy holidays to you All... Lar

AUTO ZONE did carry at one time and may still carry a rear view camera that would mount on the top of the license plate and the transmitter could mount inside the trunk and then transmit to the video unit mounted upfront.
the camera would mount thur the wiring to the back-up light and the video unit would plug into a cig lighter or power plug. price was about $70
I got one and mounted it in my car, though about getting another one for the stallion.

If I remember correctly, Walmart has one that is wireless and mounts to the top of the license plate. Less than $100. Also comes with a monitor mounted to the dash area.

Hope this helps

Thanks All for the reply re: rearview issue; seems like the camera notion is the viable one. Currently, the Stallion is still warm and comfortable
over at the customizer. I told him to "drag his feet" so that I don't have to concern myself about this miserable north-east winter storage concern
and my Battery Tender remains unopened! All mechanicals were gone over including that pesky ladder truss replacement re: the older Stallions
not so equipped. Will of course post photos when done; the paint scheme should be quite unique and gave the master artist here carte' blanch to do what he sees
fit. Changed out the dash to the Daytona dash kit replacement from US-Speedo along with new needles and red backed L.E.D. lights; the unit really pops now and can
see the gauges much better. Much being done to enhance the cosmetics and had Mac the Knife also reverse paint (black) the forward inside leading edge of the windshield so I no longer have to concern myself with that hard-to-clean area that normal hands can't reach. Again, thanks for the reply. My email is now:
waiview178@gmail.com If ever you have ANY advice, would certainly welcome the contact.. Best, Lar

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png