Handling & Safety Concerns using Lift Kit on my Tri-Glide

Jul 6, 2009
Anaheim, CA
Handling & Safety Concerns using Lift Kit on my Tri-Glide

Hi Gang,

Been gone along time, but now back. Have heard good and bad about using a lift kit on my 2009 TG. Does anyone have experience regarding handling issues and/or safety concerns? Am considering this mod as am tild it does make steering a bit easier?

Thank you in advance for any feedback. Happy Holiday's.

Pops

Re: Handling & Safety Concerns using Lift Kit on my Tri-Glide

I have a 2012 Harley Tri Glide. After I put the lift kit on it, it improved my handling a lot. That is the best thing I put on it. Steering is easier and it does drag the pipe every time you go into a driveway, etc. Highly recommend it. I have no problems with the handling or safety concerns.

Have one on my trike, it just looks better sitting level. Either brand will work, both are forum supporters.

I installed the lifts from Tglidestuff on both the 2010 Ttiglide I used to have and my dads 09 Triglide, never had any handling concerns and I'm a pretty aggressive rider. If anything the lift improved the handling, not to mention the trike looked much better without its tail dragging.

Everything about the lift is a positive I my opinion.

Saggy butt syndrome is not pretty on a Tri, neither is a listing tour pack. Both additions make the Tri stand at attention.

Have the lift kit from TriGlideStuff think its great. I have never seen any negative comments about the lift kits... what have you heard that is negative about them? Just curious.

I've had mine on for several moths and think it is great. No problems, all good handling and appearance. I got mine from tglide stuff.:Trike1:

I got my lift kit from Dennis @ triglidestuff.com. I installed them on my 2011 about 2 years ago when Dennis first came out with them. It is one of the best things I did. I trailer up north every spring, the mufflers no longer hit when loading/unloading and do not hit driveway curb. I feel it helped the handling and steering. I do not know of any reason there would be a bad side to these.

Got mine from Dennis at triglidestuff back when he first started making them. Had them on my 2010 and have on my 2012. No problems at all. I've seen one, maybe 2 posts where someone removed them and literally hundreds of posts by happy customers.

Hi Gang,

Been gone along time, but now back. Have heard good and bad about using a lift kit on my 2009 TG. Does anyone have experience regarding handling issues and/or safety concerns? Am considering this mod as am tild it does make steering a bit easier?

Thank you in advance for any feedback. Happy Holiday's.

Pops

I too am curious as to what sort of bad things you have heard about the lift kit. ??? ...I have never ever heard a single negative word about them.

Gee, this is only about the 30th thread about the great qualities of the lift kit. I searched "lift kit" and got 3 pages of threads with a zillion posts. I can hardly wait for the 'wind buffeting' or 'Amsoil' threads to start AGAIN. :laugh:

Sorry Screwball, but have been out of touch for sometime. Didn't see the earlier threads. I did search. Guess I need to learn the system better?

Thank you all for your comments. Has been quite helpful. I will consider Dennis's units. Need to find someone who can install for me as my health does not allow me to do it myself.

Thanks again everyone.

Pops

installed a kit on my 2010 and it helped to not drag your pipes over drive ways and speed bumps and it handles very good , i pull a trailer which helped that alot , if ever planning on pulling a trailer i would certainly recommend it ,not that hard to install

Have had them on my 2011 Tri Glide for the last two years. Worth every penny! ThumbUp

OK, all the "greatest thing I ever did" aside, I keep asking myself, why didn't HD do this after several years??
Has anyone ever asked. Seems no-cost to them if it's that fantastic!
I'm reading raised back 2 1/2" and not quite that at seat? Other than leveling the back more I'm still just not seeing it, although I've never driven one with it on. But, I keep asking myself WHY wouldn't HD do it to level the bike, especially when it would be easy(er) for them to adjust the seat height then?

OK, all the "greatest thing I ever did" aside, I keep asking myself, why didn't HD do this after several years??
Has anyone ever asked. Seems no-cost to them if it's that fantastic!
I'm reading raised back 2 1/2" and not quite that at seat? Other than leveling the back more I'm still just not seeing it, although I've never driven one with it on. But, I keep asking myself WHY wouldn't HD do it to level the bike, especially when it would be easy(er) for them to adjust the seat height then?

Know what I would do if I were you ?? I wouldn't even consider a set ! Let those that have them enjoy them, & you can just keep on wondering.
How long did it take Harley to admit they had a heat problem ???? Much less about a clearance or ride problem ! They did change a little on the '14 as far as clearance from what I've heard. How about their diving front forks that has plagued the Ultras for years?
The praise for this modification has got to be around 500 or so on just this forum much less the Harley Davidson Forum for at least the same.
A 1-1/4" lift isn't much at the shocks,,,,, but it is enough to do the trick without causing any bad side effects.

I've had Dennis's lift kit from day one and love it. Really improves the handling and cornering. I have a 2011 Tri-glide. I have everything that he has made. Everything has been top notch and does what it is suppose to. Thanks Dennis!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png