Who's Riding on New Years Day?

Watching the morning weather: highs around zero later this week. Record lows of minus 20 are expected to be shattered. I'll be lucky to get farther from the door than the dog does. He doesn't loiter long. I've got to get the snow blower out today so the gas meter reader can get close enough to read it so I don't get "estimated" usage. Winter in Iowa

Definately NOT ME
Im not sure if the VW
motor would even start
15 degrees and BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:xzqxz:
Apparently you have better common sense than I do. Here's what happens with a VW at those temps. My intent was to go to a charity ride. Three tries and my 1970 VW engine kicked over. Let it warm up for 5 min in the 20'F temp. Headed off. 4 1/2 miles from home, going up a hill, I think I blew a valve. A car stopped to help me push rest of way up hill, about 50 ft, to an exit. Not seized, but can't be started. Good thing I have MoTow from AMA. They got there in 20 min and got me home. Too late now though to switch to TG.

I've been leading our chapter FYAO (Freeze Your Ass Off) ride every year (about 15 years now) - was planning on doing it this year also, but 8" of snow is on the ground and still coming down. I have postponed it till Sunday the 12th.

I also do a BBB (Blue Balls Brunch) ride every Sunday during the winter. Usually get 3 or 4 riders to go along. My chapter is a fair weather group. One lady in the group will not ride unless the weather is 75* and sunny. :)

Bluebird day in Utah today. Temps were in the high 40's,no clouds and no snow for at least a week. So I dug the trike out of the barn hooked up the heated liner and went for a ride.Just had to start the new year off right. It was great.

Wonderful day out here in California. Went for a 6 hour ride, got a little chilly right near the end going over Pine mountain on the 33. It was nothing compared to some of your stated temperatures.

CIMG0601 (640x480).jpg

1-1ride.jpg
It was snowing here yesterday. Tomorrow is supposed to be 54*. I'm going to be starting the New Year with a nice long ride! :)

Kevin
Well, we did. Ride to lunch (a tradition) and then back home for traditional New Years dinner.

Deb did say it was "Chilly out today."

1-1ride.jpg

Attachments

• 1-1-2ride.jpg
    1-1-2ride.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 1-1-3ride.jpg
    1-1-3ride.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 1_14_RIDE.jpg
    1_14_RIDE.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 151
  • 1-1trad.jpg
    1-1trad.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 86
Bluebird day in Utah today. Temps were in the high 40's,no clouds and no snow for at least a week. So I dug the trike out of the barn hooked up the heated liner and went for a ride.Just had to start the new year off right. It was great.

Heated liner for high 40's temps!!!??? Are you kidding? Were you wearing a summer jacket?

Man, I don't put mine on untill the temps hit the 20*'s at least.

Anyway, good for you - not storing the bike like most people do when winter comes.
I figure I'm not spending $32K for something that I have to store for 5 to 6 months of the year.

Stan66, what I would have given to have the dry weather you had. Ended up - so far - 12" of snow and it's still coming down. %$#@&

Ride safe guys

Around my neck of the woods you take your trikes health in you hands with all the chemicals Ohio dumps on the roads. They lay down brine by the tanker truck load then salt the hell out of it for good measure.

brine_zps9886a5c7.jpg

Attachments

• brine_zps9886a5c7.jpg
    brine_zps9886a5c7.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 73
Started mine up to let it warm. Was 28 when I first checked, was 16 then. Backed it out of the garage, got a cold chill and pulled it back inside. The extent of riding yesterday.:Coffee:

msocko3, same here, but not all streets - just a few to experiment on I guess. A mechanic friend of mine in ABATE said he is seeing a lot of brake line corrosion ever since they started using the liquid crap on the roads.

You can tell here if the liquid is being used when you see 4 or 5 parallel lines down the road - not quite as heavily solid as your pictures.

I don't know what's worse the chemicals or the "over abundance" of salt. If there is a slight hint of ice, they dump tons of salt on the roads especially at intersections.

I say they put hot water pipes under all roads.
The plumbers union would love that. LOL

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png