BMW / Hannigan?

The only issue with the BMW maintenance wise, it getting the plastic off. If you buy one, find someone who is willing to help you with you're first "tupperware party". Even if you need to go several hundred miles to find one, time and money well spent. There are lots of little "tricks" to make it easier. For example. BMW garage mechanics have templates they print and glue to cardboard. When they remove screws from the plastic, they push them into the corresponding hole in the template. Keeps screws in check and when you put it back together, you know which screws go where.

Once the plastic is out of the way, working on the engine and tranny, etc., is relatively easy. Of course you'll need metric tools.

The BMW's are pretty rock solid, and really performance oriented. On my K1200LT, I could get 50 mpg on the highway, and it really loved going 90 mph ... just smoothed right out and purrrrred.

Ran well at 75 too .. but 90 was the sweet spot.

Good Luck in your search for a trike.

That's a good idea regardless of brand.

fasteners

This forum talks well of BMW & Hannigan,
Im looking at one on craigs 800 miles away.
The template's a good idea, Im replacing fuel cells in a Floatplane
and laying them on the floor under it.
Happy day

BMW / Hannigan

I do have 1200LT BMW. The ride is beautiful, very smooth and responsive. Hannigan make a great Kit. I do have mine for sale 13,500.00 I have all of the build paperwork from Hannigan ( they built this one ). 850-982-3567 if your interested.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png