A Little Outdoor Cooking

That's It Mike....
Time to Ban You and your Egg from posting Pics.

Dang Fine looking Swine ya did there.
Again, you got my Address.
Hold my breath and wait for the Fed Ex Truck with my dry ice Box of Pork :D

That's It Mike....
Time to Ban You and your Egg from posting Pics.

Dang Fine looking Swine ya did there.
Again, you got my Address.
Hold my breath and wait for the Fed Ex Truck with my dry ice Box of Pork :D

The egg has definitely upped my game, I used to dread doing pork butt on my other smokers due to the long cook time. When I was prepping for my youngest daughters graduation open house I did 5 butts, had to get up at 3:00 am and didn't finish until around 6:00 pm that night, hated it. I love being able to put a long cook on at night and just go to bed and forget about it.

Another nice thing is the egg hold temp real well no matter what mother nature is doing. I've cooked when its been 10 degrees out, snowing, and raining and the temps have been rock solid. The wife has been enjoying what comes off the egg, I'm going to take a stab at baking some bread on it when I get a chance.

Decided it was time for some pulled pork, the guys who work on my shift are going to be fed pretty well this coming weekend.

Filled the egg with some lump and cherry & hickory chunks then rubbed the butts down with the Dizzy dust. Put them on at 7:00 pm last night and slept like a baby until 6:00 am this morning.

View attachment 19195

By 9:00 am I hit my temp and they looked good.

View attachment 19196

While I had the egg up and running I tossed in some more cherry wood chunks and put some bourbon baked beans on to cook and get some smoke.

View attachment 19197

3 hours later they were done.

View attachment 19198

Everything tastes pretty good, going to also make some Sweet & Spicy slaw to go with it.
Looks GOOD but I don't see an address.

Had a hankering for some ribs:pepper:, tossed on a rack of St. louis style along with some chicken breast for using in some Brunswick Stew. The ribs were pretty darn good, used some Cherry & Apple wood for smoke.

Gave them a nice rub down with Mike Davis's UnBullieveable dry rub, its my go to these days.

6-10ribs2.JPG

Hit them with a little sweet sauce from The Shed, not a bad tasting sauce, I like to experiment with different ones, the chicken is staying naked.

6-10ribs.JPG

little something I smoked this past weekend....
after1.jpgbefore.jpgafter.jpg

the middle pic is before, the last is after, and the first is eaten time. I don't know how to aline the pics :Shrug:

OK Mike...this is your kind of forum. Show us the good stuff. ThumbUp

Nice, I'll post'em as I cook them. Once things settle down some, I have a packer brisket that is just waiting to meet the smoke and heat:pepper:.

- - - Updated - - -

little something I smoked this past weekend....
View attachment 20892View attachment 20890View attachment 20891

the middle pic is before, the last is after, and the first is eaten time. I don't know how to aline the pics :Shrug:

Nice looking cook, I'll bet it was mighty tasty.

Man that looks fine..nice crust on it and juicy. What rub did you use?

Well my secret is.......:Shrug:......just about everything in the cabinet. :laugh: Mostly season salt, alot of black pepper, chilli pepper, garlic powder, and a few other things ThumbUp Yep....... it was good.

here in the middle of nowhere mo. In a little town called harville there is a bbq joint called strawberry's. good stuff !

they sell the rub on line and in the stores around here. Makes a good base rub for smoking and grilling at home.:Dorag:

here in the middle of nowhere mo. In a little town called harville there is a bbq joint called strawberry's. good stuff !

they sell the rub on line and in the stores around here. Makes a good base rub for smoking and grilling at home.:Dorag:

I used to make my own rub, then I found other packaged rubs taste just fine. The best part is I don't have to keep all the spices hanging around the pantry to make rub anymore. I've been partial to rubs by Mike Davis or Lotta Bull BBQ I like the Unbullevable on ribs and pork butt, and Red dirt on brisket. I've used a couple rubs by Dizzy Pig, their Dizzy Dust is pretty good and Shaking the tree is good on poultry.

Ok, I never looked for any rubs I just kinda made up my own. Thanks for all the names, I'll be on the look out for them. Smoke-em if you got-em ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png