Very Hot right hand side

Reaction score
Hi Guy's. Since the conversion of my 2012 Ultra Classic with the Lehman Renegade LLS kit. The right hand side of my trike is very very hot, almost to the point of not being able to ride it. I am not sure if the heat is coming from my exhaust or the engine or even both. has anyone else had this problem and how do i recitfy it.
Cheers Eddie

Hi Guy's. Since the conversion of my 2012 Ultra Classic with the Lehman Renegade LLS kit. The right hand side of my trike is very very hot, almost to the point of not being able to ride it. I am not sure if the heat is coming from my exhaust or the engine or even both. has anyone else had this problem and how do i recitfy it.
Cheers Eddie

This has been a problem on other type trikes as well. You could check with a inferred temp gun to find where the heat is coming from, but your exhaust pipes are hotter than your engine and most likely the source of your problem. The addition of floorboards on a trike kit may be blocking even more of the cooling airflow from reaching the pipes as well. If you remove the pipes and have them ceramic coated inside and out, they will pass the heat out the back instead of radiating the heat to your feet. They do have a bright silver/chrome looking finish for the outside, not as shiny as chrome but still looks good. Cost would be in the $200 to $300 range?

I had this problem even before we converted to a trike on my 08 ultra. put on rhinehart true duals (they are ceramic coated) this also removed the crossover pipe. now all the exhaust is under the bike . the look and the sound is great!

got a bunch of crap from others about the cost of it and it being a waste of money to put that much money into an exhaust system under a trike,but it solved my problem. spent about $850.00 for pipes and slip ons. should last forever as the ceramic also keeps the inside from rotting out

Thanks Keith and Tom, Sounds like ceremic coating on the exhaust could be the answer. I will look into having mine coated or even doing what Tom done and replace the exhaust. appriciate your help.

Thanks Keith and Tom, Sounds like ceremic coating on the exhaust could be the answer. I will look into having mine coated or even doing what Tom done and replace the exhaust. appriciate your help.

If You have that stock cross over pipe, right in front of passenger floorboard,and just behind your right leg,probably most of heat from there. True Duals,and Amsoil help a bit with the Harley Hot Box. If going True Duals,might as well add Stage One..Unleash some of that power..Good Luck

Hi dogman, Stage One already fitted. Yes I have the crossover pipe, and I agree with you this is the problem. But I never had it before the conversion. My local ceramic coating factory say's coating the headers will help reduce the heat, but I am not sure by how much. Cost $300.00 Cheers

Hi dogman, Stage One already fitted. Yes I have the crossover pipe, and I agree with you this is the problem. But I never had it before the conversion. My local ceramic coating factory say's coating the headers will help reduce the heat, but I am not sure by how much. Cost $300.00 Cheers

:NoJoke: Taken from another forum, "Then I got the SS headers and had them ceramic coated inside and out cast iron gray color .They look good and match in color .When I am finished riding I can get my big foot side stand (with toes )down get off and set the brain bucket down and touch the pipes near the head."

Catalytic converter at the crossover makes a lot of heat. Removal of it by installing new header or removal of the catalytic in the stock pipes will lower the temp.

Hi guy's here is an update on my heat problem.
I had the exhaust ceremic coated, inside and out and also had the Cat removed.

$310.00 for the coating and $100.00 for the cat removal.
The exhaust came out looking like they had been chromed, but i still put the original HD heat shields back on.

This has reduced the heat by about 75%, when riding, but its still hot when sitting at a set of traffic lights.

The day I tested it was cloudy and threatning to rain, so I will have a much better idea on a very hot day.But so far it looks like it was money well spent.

my headers do not have the cross over pipe (rhineharts true duals) this took care of the wifes right leg heat. For engine heat I installed a le-nail parade fan. hope it will cool things down in slow traffic.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png