Burnt By A Member , Or Former Member

cajun

Jun 14, 2012
Brooksville Fl. U.S.A.
Well I should have known better than to do business on a handshake. Redneck Trikes by Ray Henry made me a deal for $5K to build me a VW trike and I would represent his trikes here where I live. I planned a vacation for Aug. 2013 after paying him most of the money. Well ole Ray Henry kept making excuses and making new delivery dates. I had to go ahead and purchase a two wheel bike to have any kind of pleasure riding.Then I just tried to keep peace hoping to get something, the trike or money.It will soon be a year ( April ) since paying Redneck Trikes . I've had enough. I am filing papers in his county court. I gave Ray Henry all kinds of ways to make me whole again and he just wouldn't make the effort. Don't know if any of ya'll have had any dealings with him. Just wanted to share this so maybe I can save somebody the headaches I have been dealing with. Worse part, I had to borrow money to buy the two wheeler. Anyway, hope everyone stays safe and warm, Cajun

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know what else to do. Anybody else been burnt by this guy?

You are rite he is a former member. You are also not by yourself in getting BURNED.Wishing you luck. You might want to PM Zook for a character ref.

I feel for ya brother. I have been in court with the same type of deal for 6 months . I was told today if I would pay the offender $300.00 we could settle this. he burned me for $1500.00 and now they want me to pay him more ?! Just going to take it to trial. As it is now I would give a lawyer all of the settlement to get the judgment on the dirt bag.
good luck to you.

redneck trikes A/K/A redneck ray A/K/A vwmanic A/K/A ray henry beware!

I saw his work several years ago at his shop near Atlanta, Ga and posted a warning then and later banned him from the site. I hope you recover all of your money.

I saw his work several years ago at his shop near Atlanta, Ga and posted a warning then and later banned him from the site. I hope you recover all of your money.

Post his address someone close will check and see what he does.

He should not have a free ride in the future.

I hate hearing about other trikers (anyone) getting burnt like this. It's crazy that people get taken like this when you try to treat others like you would want others to treat you. Is there any way that we could have a listing of business that are less than honest on this site? Just asking

It is such a shame to read about things like this, and yet we all know that there are in fact devious people out there dreaming up ways to try and rip someone off. Very sorry to hear this and most certainly wish you well in your efforts to get this straight.

I think that he is not right in the head...

He agreed to a trade and then backed out.
He did the same thing about building a front end.
I told him about some of my military experiences (in small arms) and he accused me of threatening him.
I think that he has some severe mental problems.

I hope that all of you that have been burnt by anyone, get all your money back and that it happens quickly.

:gah:

In 2008 I had Ray Henry build me a VW trike for $5,000. The craftsmanship and quality of the used parts that went into this trike (For any of you familiar with his website a few years ago, you'll remember a "Military Trike") was purely sub standard at best and criminally negligent at worst. Within three months after taking possession of the trike the motor caught fire and the bike exploded. I barely got away from it with my life. I tried to get him to replace the trike, but he wouldn't touch it because I had replaced the cheap shocks with some good coil over gas shocks. I did that work myself without having him do it so he said the warranty was void. I am still making payments on the loan for this trike 6 years later.

Woody

I was curious as to what happened to him. I thought he died.

Don't know the guy or anything about him but apparently he is still in business. Those are some real horror stories.:(

rednecktrikes.tripod.com/page3.html

Appears the site domain is for sale. Wading through all the garbage on the site, I can't even find where he is.....This guy sucks, so thanks for the warning on TrikeTalk.

funny how that seems to happen to these a-moral @$$ holes. the one that burnt me is now gone and someone else made his shop a used car lot. still no money , but a little satisfaction knowing at least for now he's not ripping other bikers off.

I guess all we can do is not forget , share it with others, and when ever his name is brought up let the world know what a true p.o.s. he really is!

These con artists, you can take them to small claims, but then, ya still gotta collect. You get the judgement at great cost of inconvenience, if the the sorry lout still doesn't pay, ya get a lien on something he owns, there's another problem if doesn't own anything or sails under the radar in selling an asset.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png