Jacking up the rear end

Reaction score
Hi I am going to remove my exhaust to have the headers ceremicly coated.
Can anyone tell me where I place the jack so I can lift the rear end.
I have the new Lehman LLS fitted. Cheers Eddie

Hi I am going to remove my exhaust to have the headers ceremicly coated.
Can anyone tell me where I place the jack so I can lift the rear end.
I have the new Lehman LLS fitted. Cheers Eddie

Eddie, I hope this is of some help for you. Good luck with your project.

http://lehmantrikes.com/img/techbook_master.pdf

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/16646-what-do-I-put-the-jack-under-on-a-HD-Lehman-trike

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/16246-Removing-rear-tires-on-a-Lehman-Trike

Thanks wheels. The owners manual is for the old No Lean Axel, I have the new Independant Rear Suspension, Just looking at the two there is a big difference and I cant see anywhere to put the stands once I jack it up. I think my best bet will be to use the Tow bracket. Cheers

Hi Guy's, No I wont put jacks under my new IRS, Thats why I am asking you all, where do I put the jacks now. I can jack it up under the tow bracket, but I am not sure that would be enough to hold it while I work on it. I dont want it dropping on me or to the floor. Cheers

When I had a IRS rear end I used the hitch ot sometimes the rear frame and then put a 6" or a 10" platform under the rear tires, then moved the jack to the front and raised the front end for easy clearance.

hope this helps you ThumbUp

Please say that you don't put jack stands under your IRS axles!?!?!! :gah That is the last place I would put stands, I hope I just didn't understand your comment.

Until this year, Lehmen trikes had Ford solid axles. They do offer an IRS. My 05 is a solid axle.

I have no idea what year 'Lehman' did anything, this thread was about an LLS or IRS axle, " I have the new Lehman LLS fitted." and that is why I specified "IRS axles!?!?!!".

I have no idea what year 'Lehman' did anything, this thread was about an LLS or IRS axle, " I have the new Lehman LLS fitted." and that is why I specified "IRS axles!?!?!!".

GEEZ, sorry. Mouth zipped. Please don't sue for pain and suffering.

GEEZ, sorry. Mouth zipped. Please don't sue for pain and suffering.

No zipper needed, I just didn't understand the need to use my comment for a history lesson, the thread was about IRS and the original poster seemed to understand my question & concern about dogman513's stand placement.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Aussie, I hope you got the info you needed to safely work on your trike, hope your exhaust turns out great. Sorry about this unhelpful extra stuff.

Hi 92fxsts, yes I think I have enough information to do the job, I am going to jack it up on the tow bracket and place blocks under the wheels. I will let you all know how it turns out. Cheers Eddie

Ive read this whole thing twice and clicked on the links and still don't know the proper way to jack up the rear of my IRS trike. I don't have a towing hitch to jack up on.:xzqxz:

Ive read this whole thing twice and clicked on the links and still don't know the proper way to jack up the rear of my IRS trike. I don't have a towing hitch to jack up on.:xzqxz:

Next thing to do is make a couple of ramps from 2x6 or 2x8 stacked to the height you need, and just drive up on.
mine are made from a 12", a 16" and a 20" all screwed together.

Hi 92fxsts, yes I think I have enough information to do the job, I am going to jack it up on the tow bracket and place blocks under the wheels. I will let you all know how it turns out. Cheers Eddie

Glad to hear it, work safe and yes, let us know how your exhaust turns out. I have thought about coatings or wraps for my TG exhaust, but have too many other projects to finish.

It's hard but I had to lift mine with a floor jack under the diff and used a short piece of 2x6 on top of jack so less possability of damage to the diff.

Hope this helps

yes thanks . probley going to get a hitch. don't plan on towing but it seems it would make pulling the rear tires off safer.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png