heat and 2104 trike

Nov 25, 2013
levittown
Has anybody had any experience on the 2014 twin cooled trike in high heat conditions, and do you think it is unnecessary to change out the exhaust?
I have not had any real hot days since i purchased my 2014, but if i need to do, now is the time.
I am considering V & H duels with a Harley stage one kit.
Suggestions??

My opinion,.
I would wait till you hit the hot weather then you'll know if you need to do that work..
Do it before the hot weather and you'll never know if you really needed it.. :Shrug:

Exactly right. I did the whole slip ons, A/C, race tuner on my 2012 TG before it even got hot out. All the posts scared me enough to do it. I even got a crotch cooler and floorboard extenders. I did not remove the cat though - that's one thing I won't do.
When the summer finally came I didn't have a hint of an issue even when I road stock TG's at the dealer. I do have a higher tolerance for heat then most people. So I would wait and see - you may not need to do anything.
I seriously doubt I'll do anything. I really like the sound of the stock mufflers. Even though the H-D Fatshotz were pretty good looking and sounded just a little better then stock. I think I'll ride the whole summer and then decide. A couple thousand $$$ is a lot to spend for very little relief if any. ThumbUp

You are right.
i will wait for the warm weather. i could do all that work and not know if i needed it.
i think i am swayed by all the posts about how hot the glide is, but have not heard from a 2014 twin cooled rider.
think i will hold onto my $$ and if its not too hot, look at all the chrome i can buy!:)

You are right.
i will wait for the warm weather. i could do all that work and not know if i needed it.
i think i am swayed by all the posts about how hot the glide is, but have not heard from a 2014 twin cooled rider.
think i will hold onto my $$ and if its not too hot, look at all the chrome i can buy!:)

Its kind of early in the MY for much warm weather riding with the 14's. Like others said sit tight and see how you make out, may be heat is a non issue. Won't know until the mercury gets in the high 80's - 90's and some extended riding takes place, short puts around town don't tell a person much. Get it on the freeway and run it for several hours at 70 - 75mph and you may see something.

There was a rant on another forum from someone in Texas that was experiencing severe heat on a 2014 when they first came out last year!
Water cooled heads only and the radiators in the leg guards so you can't take them off in the summer any more.

In September (85 degrees) we were on the highway for about 45 minutes at 70 mph got off and was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for about 20 minutes. Was it warm yes was it hot no. We could feel the heat coming off the engine but we did not have any of the leg burning pants on fire kind of heat.

I've read a few independant reviews on the '14's and they all say the heat is noticably less then before, but a little still there....not much to worry about.
I think around town riding (bumper to bumper)would be a better indicator for heat issues then highway riding due to the heat being blown away rather then just sitting there. I never had a heat issue while riding - only when I came to a stop for any length of time. Just my 2 cents.
Just wait and see how you react to the heat. If you have a higher tolerance to heat like I do, you probably won't have to do anything. ThumbUp

I rented a 2014 TG yesterday from a dealer in central Florida. The temp got as high of 82. The bike had just a little more than a 1k miles on it and just had its 1k mile service. My opinion is that going down the road it might of been a little cooler. At a traffic stop or stop and go traffic it felt hotter than my 2010 Ultra Limited. When stopped you could feel the fans blowing out the heat. I put 230 miles for my one day rental. Hope this helps but to know for sure, you should try one out.

I rode mine a few times in warm weather before shutting down for the winter. I did not notice any extreme heat but I could feel some from the header. IMHO unless you get rid of the 'cat' you will feel extra heat on the right side. Plus, my past 2 bikes were CVO Ultra's with the 110 engine. Anything would feel cooler compared to those machines. ;)

Jerry

I'm riding tomorrow so I'm hoping there will be a lot more heat. :laugh: ThumbUp :pepper:

First ride of the year ...... FINALLY!!!!!!

Second ride since I got it.

Has anybody had any experience on the 2014 twin cooled trike in high heat conditions, and do you think it is unnecessary to change out the exhaust?
I have not had any real hot days since i purchased my 2014, but if i need to do, now is the time.
I am considering V & H duels with a Harley stage one kit.
Suggestions??

I have been riding my 14 tg in southern fl since jan. , got into some hot days and traffic and compared to my 11 tg. it is a lot cooler for the rider and passenger.the rear cyclinder kicks out quicker in the heat than the 11 did. it wil kick out before the fans come on. anyone know what temp. the cyc kicks out or the temp. the fans are supposed to come on. also any way of telling if the water pump is running?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trtro

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trtro
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png