RDC/TPM controll unit

Reaction score
Now that my BMW K1600 is a trike, with different wheels, and no more tire pressure monitor transmitters, I am getting low tire pressure flashing red alerts on dash. Very distracting. Would like to disable TPM alert. Since the Tire pressure monitoring system was an option, will unplugging the RDC Control Unit disable the pressure alert , or would the main control brain have to be reprogramed as well? Or another solution?

TPM uninstalled.

Now that my BMW K1600 is a trike, with different wheels, and no more tire pressure monitor transmitters, I am getting low tire pressure flashing red alerts on dash. Very distracting. Would like to disable TPM alert. Since the Tire pressure monitoring system was an option, will unplugging the RDC Control Unit disable the pressure alert , or would the main control brain have to be reprogramed as well? Or another solution?

Went to BMW service dept. today (not where I bought it, terrible service there) and they removed the monitor, disabled the TPM alarms, and updated the brain (now have the big green N) all for one Hour labor charge.
Ordering TPMS (key fob) trike monitoring system today to see if compatible with left over pressure transmitters in tires without frequency problems.. Now at 25psi instead of 35psi in rear tires, and yes it makes the ride much smoother. :D:D:D:D

Went to BMW service dept. today (not where I bought it, terrible service there) and they removed the monitor, disabled the TPM alarms, and updated the brain (now have the big green N) all for one Hour labor charge.
Ordering TPMS (key fob) trike monitoring system today to see if compatible with left over pressure transmitters in tires without frequency problems.. Now at 25psi instead of 35psi in rear tires, and yes it makes the ride much smoother. :D:D:D:D

Good deal ... I here ya about distractions ... almost missed a turn on the highway today ... I was playing with the power vision and checking speedo cal ... I think that thing may have to come off ... or I need to learn some self control ... LOL ... who am I kidding

Should have been taken care of by installer who did the conversion.

Last year had my Goldwing triked. Roadsmith installer disabled the TPMS as routine part of the conversion.

Should have been taken care of by installer who did the conversion.

Last year had my Goldwing triked. Roadsmith installer disabled the TPMS as routine part of the conversion.

That would have been nice but nobody has access to the computer interface that is used to disable the alarms on K1600 bikes except authorized BMW service departments, and they may refuse to do it. Very recently there has been a clone device released for about $300 or $400 that can interface with the bike, but not from BMW and not sure if it has the capability's to disable alarms although it can reset/clear them. Maybe that is why I haven't received any suggestions on how to correct the situation since posting it over a year ago. Although there aren't many of these trikes out there, I know of several people in the same situation and wanted to let them know that there is a solution.;)

That would have been nice but nobody has access to the computer interface that is used to disable the alarms on K1600 bikes except authorized BMW service departments, and they may refuse to do it. Very recently there has been a clone device released for about $300 or $400 that can interface with the bike, but not from BMW and not sure if it has the capability's to disable alarms although it can reset/clear them. Maybe that is why I haven't received any suggestions on how to correct the situation since posting it over a year ago. Although there aren't many of these trikes out there, I know of several people in the same situation and wanted to let them know that there is a solution.;)

Has anyone figured out how to eliminate the tpms system or reset the rear tire to 27lbs. I have the GS-911 unit but didn't see a way to reset or shut down the system? I have a 2014 BMW K1600 GTL Exclusive and Hanigan conversion

Has anyone figured out how to eliminate the tpms system or reset the rear tire to 27lbs. I have the GS-911 unit but didn't see a way to reset or shut down the system? I have a 2014 BMW K1600 GTL Exclusive and Hanigan conversion

Lou…Welcome to Trike Talk..👍👍..

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png