2012 XCT thinking of triking

michrick

Mar 2, 2014
Angelica, NY - USA
I'm on the fence on triking my XCT what do you think about the ride??? also does your passenger have any complaints. We test rode a GW and my copilot said the ride wasn't very good. I was looking at a motor trike set up. Thanks

I'm on the fence on triking my XCT what do you think about the ride??? also does your passenger have any complaints. We test rode a GW and my copilot said the ride wasn't very good. I was looking at a motor trike set up. Thanks

First look for a conversion with a IRS rearend, a solid axle ride harsher, then maybe a Hannagin,Roadsmith or a CSC(california side car) as they have slightly longer wheel base and the passenger sits just forward of the differrential, it seems to make a difference.

My wife didn't much care for her first ride on the trike. It wasn't a problem with the trike or that it was a Goldwing. It was because it was new to both of us.

On her part she was use to the bike leaning into a curve and not having having to use any muscles to hold herself in place.

On my part I was handling it like I was the only one on the bike. The passenger feels more of the effects of the corners and the bumps.

Now that I know to be more considerate when she is on the trike, she loves it.

Another trike manufacture you might consider is DFT. I took a short ride on a 2010 GL1800 with a DFT kit installed last October and it's suspension felt very well sorted out.

Only three manufactures make kits for the XCT. I checked them all out and went with CSC. Largest trunk, Longest wheel base and widest stance. To me, makes for a better ride. I have had mine for a year and love it. Wet roads are not an issue.

Other kits for CSC are Motortrike and Roadsmith.

Ride all the kits you can before you decide. If you are not doing DIY you need a dealer that you trust. Good Luck! RIDE SAFE

I have a mt trike on my 2012 xct. the ride is great, handling is great. DO NOT get the mt reverse, it is dangerously fast and messes with the bikes brain so your ABS light comes on with a low voltage warning. I called mt up and they will not talk to me about it. The victory reverse is slow but safe. Keep in mind your mileage will drop too and with the new tire diameter it will change your odometer by 11% less.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png