What did you do to your Trike this week?

like the B.P.O.E emblem. I need to get about 20 of them . where can I get some?

im the pres. of our local #2452 elks riders association.
As I am PER Dover a Lodge 184, here is the place you can order them. Your lodge secretary, where do they buy their jewels, pins and such?
Go to Google: Harry Kitzner Company
Good luck!
Let me know if you need more help!

Rosy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 114
The only thing I did to the trike over the weekend was fish out the trailer light wiring that the previous owner installed. Found an awful mess of wires under the seat so I'll have to sort through that eventually. Other than that, I did assemble my new HF trailer. The bed of the trailer is quite a bit higher than my hitch so I think I'm going to weld an extension to the under side to lower the coupler and make it a little close to level. I understand you say to pitch it down some but I feel it's too much as is.

Before I did any welding, I would attach the hitch to the trike and teat the weight. It should be 10% If the trailer weight is 300 lb there should be approx 30# on the ball?more is better less is in danger of a weaving trailer , don't ask how I know.....

You better stop dusting, you will wear the paint off! LOL Once a year whether it needs it or not, correct!
If you feel up to it, stop by our NETT Rally this weekend and we will have plenty of trikes you can dust, some from Florida!
But, you may not want to dust KWputt's trike, it may have some stuff from the farm! LOL

Rosy

Hiya Rosy,

The NE rally is too far for me, especially while I'm still working. I'd be happy to dust off or detail some trikes as that's mainly all I do with mine, lol. :laugh: Hopefully once I'm retired, my riding habits will increase. Hell,, they can only go up from not riding at all, lol. :AGGHH:;)

rmrc51, take vacation and join us, it's not far from your place. You can join the caravan coming up from the lower states on the way up. If not, then when you retire, I will be looking for you.
As a matter of fact, went close to you on I 81 South & North, going to New Mexico and coming back. 5000+ miles in a cage a couple weeks ago.

Rosy

rmrc51, take vacation and join us, it's not far from your place. You can join the caravan coming up from the lower states on the way up. If not, then when you retire, I will be looking for you.
As a matter of fact, went close to you on I 81 South & North, going to New Mexico and coming back. 5000+ miles in a cage a couple weeks ago.

Rosy

After I retire, you're on! I'd be more enthused joining a caravan to a rally then traveling alone. ThumbUp

There pluses and negatives for traveling. Some people like to travel alone because they can set their own schedule, eat where they want, and stop as many times as they like.
The other side of the coin is everything is set for you, where to eat, when to stop, what time to get up and go, and you are not traveling alone. You have friends to share your day with and in case you get into any problems, help is there with you.
So, each side has their merits, and now it is up to the individual to choose.
But, the ultimate thing is to attend!

Rosy

Oh my, Rosy, that's freaking awful. Was that your regular shop? It is totally shameful what some dealers charge for their time to screw up your machine, and a tiny piece of what is wrong with America today.

No, my regular shop would not do that. I had no choice, trike broke during Bike Week in Laconia.
Wouldn't go back there.

Rosy

Last spring had to have a new caliper put on my Hannigan trike. Now I have a red caliper and a new one, So, I will get some caliper paint and match the red one. Also paint the hub black to make it look purty! I know some trikers think this is foolish to make your trike look pretty, but it makes it mine.

Last winter's project was to hook my trunk door to the side cover display when open. Ran out of time finding the plug, rewiring the switch, and fitting the wires. Had some great help from fellow trikers in trying to figure out where the plug was for the hookup. Never found it under the seat, so I was advised it may be hiding under the upper trunk, or in the recess areas around the seat. So, with winter being so long, snowy, cold, and me just getting back from my "adventure" (that's another story) since December 8th, we are going to "try" and tackle these projects before spring.

Hope your "projects" go well for you.

Rosy

I rode mine. Had a great time on a benefit ride yesterday.
I would much rather ride it than work on it.

As you noticed, most of the work done in New England is done when they are asleep for the winter. Here in NH, that's about 8 months out of the year. LOL So, we work on our trikes to get them ready to ride when the road salt is off the road. Some people are more fortune than others by being able to ride year round!

Rosy

As you noticed, most of the work done in New England is done when they are asleep for the winter. Here in NH, that's about 8 months out of the year. LOL So, we work on our trikes to get them ready to ride when the road salt is off the road. Some people are more fortune than others by being able to ride year round!

Rosy

:Agree: We have the same problem where I'm located, I put mine away at the end of October. Once the salt goes down it takes several good rains to wash it down enough for riding. There are those who ride no matter what is on the road, the down side is that stuff gets places they can't protect or clean. Down the road they'll have electrical problems and possibly corrosion from the inside out on the frame.

Rosy

Sorry, I didn't mean to upset anyone. I do forget that a lot of you can't ride year round. For us here in Louisiana if you don't mind a little rain every now and then you can ride almost 365. Since I got my heated seat and the Baker Air Wings I don't even mind the colder days too much. I can't imagine not riding for 8 months, heck I might forget how to ride the thing. Here we don't put them to sleep, we just let them get a little cat nap. I don't know that my trike has ever gone more than two weeks without at least a 40 - 50 mile ride. Hey, if you can teach we are in desperate need of teachers, come teach in Louisiana and you can ride to work almost every day (sorry again, just can't help myself).

Don't worry, true New Englanders don't mind, if you ride 365, we just huddle by our pellet stoves and dream during the winter months, not as good as riding, but it is the best we can do, Unless you are a Snowbird!
One of the best things you can do when it is 20 below zero in New England and you are riding, post pictures, we love to look at pictures. I even take my iPad down to the cellar and show the pictures to the trike and tell her she could be doing this if we lived in the South! LOL
Enjoy!

Rosy

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png