What did you do to your Trike this week?

Shocks

New shocks will be here tomorrow, now to see if I can put them on, while in Florida!

Need to borrow some equipment to make the change, as all my "stuff" is home.

Who's Law is it...when it shouldn't happen, it always does!

Keep you posted on the work, and try to take photos of the work.

Wish me luck!

Rosy

New Shocks

Well, installed my new shocks, had my local dealer inspect my work.. well, he put shims on the bolts so as not to hit frame.

Apparently newer shocks are a little bigger than back in 2002.

This has been a very busy spring/early summer for us. We are in Florida for a funeral of a dear Friend’s wife and other Family related things!

Haven’t seen much of NH, so far this year.

Hope your summer is full of “Honey Do List” on your ride.

Rosy

Well, installed my new shocks, had my local dealer inspect my work.. well, he put shims on the bolts so as not to hit frame.

Apparently newer shocks are a little bigger than back in 2002.

This has been a very busy spring/early summer for us. We are in Florida for a funeral of a dear Friend’s wife and other Family related things!

Haven’t seen much of NH, so far this year.

Hope your summer is full of “Honey Do List” on your ride.

Rosy

Summer has little to do with “Honey Do List” . Seems it never ends.lol Thought of you yesterday. Had some of those puffy peppermints. We are just home from a 5000+ mile ride with Lady on a Mission. Ride safe. Bill & Janiene

I found a brand new set of Megaphone Slip-on Exhaust pipes for $159 w/free shipping from CA to NH. Had my mechanic install them last week. I picked up the trike Saturday around noon.

HOLY CRAP!!!! Those puppies BARK LOUD AND CLEAR!! I asked if they would pass inspection and I just got a smile.....

I wanted something with a little bark but I think these are too much even for my liking. Steady cruise between 40-50 mph, they are sweet however accelerating/deceleration extremely loud. It seams the slower I go, the louder they are.

Have a call into the company (Mutazu) to see if I can pull and wrap the baffles to quiet them down a notch or two.

I love the very deep, throaty sound and don't really want to change that, however I want to bring the overall volume down.

Might want to try these first Dennis, they quieted mine down quite a bit and also got a bit more torque, according my seat of the pants logic.

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=tti+inserts

Thanks Gary, I checked them out. Don't think the video does the sound justice.

I have my trike at work tonight and we are going to test the Db level at lunchtime. I looked up how the police and inspections stations are supposed to check. Will post whatever readings we find.

Law in NH is 92Db for all bikes at Idle

or

for 4 cylinder bikes, 100 Db while bike is running at 5,000 rpm or 75% of engine speed whichever is less

It also states that motorcycles with less than 3 or more than 4 cylinders, 96 Db while engine is operating at 2,000 rpm or 75% of max engine speed, whichever is less.

Violation of the provisions is $100-$300 fine

Have at least 4-5 muffler sets. Tried them all. Being I’m more mature, none of them just cut the cheese.

Found a Vance n Hinds one piece for HD trikes , used here on TT. After the installation, both lo end and top end was a very noticeable improvement , and OEM quiet :clapping:

Have at least 4-5 muffler sets. Tried them all. Being I’m more mature, none of them just cut the cheese.

Found a Vance n Hinds one piece for HD trikes , used here on TT. After the installation, both lo end and top end was a very noticeable improvement , and OEM quiet :clapping:

I had quiet pipes on my trike (09 Yamaha Venture/Hannigan) but I wanted something will a "little" bark. Not much of a selection out there for 09 Ventures. Most companies have stopped making exhaust for older Yamahas. These have a BIG BARK, but as long as they are legal, I will deal with them for now. I have an unlimited supply of earplugs from work and on longer rides will use them or wear my full face helmet instead of my half helmet.

Next months 1000 mile trip down to Maggie Valley will be a good time to break them in:D

Thanks Gary, I checked them out. Don't think the video does the sound justice.

I have my trike at work tonight and we are going to test the Db level at lunchtime. I looked up how the police and inspections stations are supposed to check. Will post whatever readings we find.

Law in NH is 92Db for all bikes at Idle

or

for 4 cylinder bikes, 100 Db while bike is running at 5,000 rpm or 75% of engine speed whichever is less

It also states that motorcycles with less than 3 or more than 4 cylinders, 96 Db while engine is operating at 2,000 rpm or 75% of max engine speed, whichever is less.

Violation of the provisions is $100-$300 fine

How many feet do they have to be from the pipes when they do the test....:Shrug:...

I had quiet pipes on my trike (09 Yamaha Venture/Hannigan) but I wanted something will a "little" bark. Not much of a selection out there for 09 Ventures. Most companies have stopped making exhaust for older Yamahas. These have a BIG BARK, but as long as they are legal, I will deal with them for now. I have an unlimited supply of earplugs from work and on longer rides will use them or wear my full face helmet instead of my half helmet.

Next months 1000 mile trip down to Maggie Valley will be a good time to break them in:D

Hope to see ya there this year :D

How many feet do they have to be from the pipes when they do the test....:Shrug:...

They test at 20 inches at a 45* angle and on the same plain at the exhaust. Also, there are many other variables come into play when they test such as traffic, buildings, vehicles, dirt, grass etc. I found a PDF that sets the guidelines for testing. Oh, the equipment also needs to be calibrated and certified. Official needs to be trained and certified to use equipment.

Changed rear brake pads on my trike today. Trike rode great on test run. Need to flush clutch line tomorrow. Then, I'm set for Trike Talk Gathering in the Catskills this month. Yippee!

Wife and I Pushed my trike to start it tonight

I don't have time to work on my Trike, I don't store it I ride it every day, The only thing I worked on was pulling the solenoid for the reverse motor, then after taking it apart and that wasn't the problem pulling the whole motor out and Repairing it ''So'' I thought [only worked a few times] So when I get the time [energy] out it comes again:gah:

I'm getting good at parking in a spot where I just have to drive strait out...

After about 6 tries of pushing the trike to start it, it finally started. How do you tell of it is the starter, relay or switch that is not working? It dims whenni the button is pushed but no sound like the starter is even trying.

After about 6 tries of pushing the trike to start it, it finally started. How do you tell of it is the starter, relay or switch that is not working? It dims whenni the button is pushed but no sound like the starter is even trying.

Forgive me but i confuse easy......Are you talking about the reverse motor ?

Or the starter...Ie To start the engine....If its the engine starter it sounds like you have a bad battery...:Shrug:....

Check your battery first before condemning the starter

Fully charged battery will show 12.7 volts

Now, with a volt meter on the battery after verifying the full charge watch the volt meter as you try to start the bike

What did the volt meter show? And did the voltage recover to over 12 volts after you let go of start button?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png