What did you do to your Trike this week?

Charley, it is a great place and half of my Family is buried there.
I am humbled by the number of Vets and their kin buried. It is just amazing to see the pure white headstones, row after row.
Stay warm Charley as I heard you are in for some cooler weather, which some people would say, it's great! But in the 60s in July!? LOL

Rosy

- - - Updated - - -

Next project, test my radio to see if it needs upgrading, so I can put some Polk db501s in the front. Check the radio's output with a voltmeter and determine if mine is a good one.
I think maybe I'll put a set in anyway, or wait to add it to my winter project list. Time...need more time in a day...maybe 30 hours would do it! LOL

Rosy

OK, took all the "stuff" out of the trike. Now to get it to the body shop so it can be fixed in time to go to the NETT Rally in Vermont!

Rosy

I am going to stir the pot a little. Who has installed new tires on this summer? How is it going, are you getting the mileage you expected, any problems with scalping, are your rear tires wearing OK, so are you happy with the new tires.
If you respond please include trike conversion, tire sizes, balance type, and pressures.
Thanks.

Rosy

I am going to stir the pot a little. Who has installed new tires on this summer? How is it going, are you getting the mileage you expected, any problems with scalping, are your rear tires wearing OK, so are you happy with the new tires.
If you respond please include trike conversion, tire sizes, balance type, and pressures.
Thanks.

Rosy

Rosy you sure are bored...... Come on back down here. I'll let you shine on my trike a while!!! :pepper::pepper::pepper:

Not Really.... But you know you are welcome to come back any time.

Hey, I found a new trick last Friday. A friend of mine gave me some polish a couple years ago and told me to put it on the windshield. Never mentioning the paint.. Another friend just got the same product for his airplane and is now using it on his car, truck, and GL1800. So after my breakfast ride last Friday I used the polish on the entire trike. Took all of 15 minutes to apply and believe me this is the slipperiest stuff I've ever seen. I laid my wiping rag on the rear fender and it fell off on the floor. Thought I was just clumsy until I laid it there the second time and watched it slip right off!! Here is the link to this wonder juice. http://www.sportys.com/PilotShop/product/12026. I promise you'll be impressed! My friend says he put it on his car windshield and the rain just sheds off!! :xszpv::xszpv:

Rosy,
Your asking about the biggest improvement we have made to our trike so far. We ride a 2003 Suzuki Volusia 800 (VL800) with a Lehman Romani conversion. Thought it rode real nice when we bought it...then we put new tires on. Holy S#*$! This thing rides like a different trike now. The front was a Dunlop D404f, replaced it with a Metzeler ME880, 130/90-16. Running 40-41 psi. The rear were the original Dunlop GT Qualifiers, 265/50r15 on Dayton spoke rims. We replaced them with Jegs polished aluminum rims and BF Goodrich Radial T/A's, 225/60r15. The new combination is 20 lbs per side lighter than the original spokes. Running 24psi left and 28psi right. Loving every mile now!!!!! Check out our albums for pictures. Ride safe everyone.

Russ and Vickie

Looks like a wonder polish. I use the Honda spray cleaners on my windshield and it is great. Takes off the bugs in no time. The polish rag will fall off with the Honda spray cleaner also, slick stuff!
I guess the only place to buy it is through a web site. I wonder if any stores carries it, besides air craft type shops?
Thanks for the info. I am sitting while the grandchildren are asleep, the Ladies are shopping. That's not good!

Rosy

That's the seat you made, correct? What a sharp looking ride.
How did you balance the tires, ceramic beads, regular method, or some other type of balancing?
Why the difference in tire pressure from one side to the other? Do you have large crowns in your roads up in your area? I know some roads in the South are really crowned because of the rain, so they have to offset the tire pressures.
Thanks for the photos.

Rosy

Yes I did make that seat for my wife, who has back problems. She loves it now and doesn't feel worried to get out there with me. I had a local speed shop balance the rears with stick on weights mounted on the inside of each rim so they don't show. The roads by me have a very big crowning to them for water drainage, which is why I run the different pressures. I got that info from this excellent forum... .thanks TT.

Mainly did my first round of maintenance, I changed out the timing belts, air filter, sub filter, cruise filter, added a super brace and shifter pivot, changed oil and filter and replaced a couple of pieces of plastic that were damaged. All in all about four hundred dollars in just parts, I would hate to see what a shop would have charged me, this was my first time working on a wing so I took my time and kept the manual handy.:xzqxz:ThumbUp

WOW, I bet that Wing was totally apart for you to get everything done. You are correct, it would have cost you an arm & a leg! LOL
I know it cost me $135 to get the fluids changed, not oil and filter. So, all that work, WOW!
Great to hear you did all that work, maybe I should invest in a Honda Goldwing manual, instead of taking it in to the shop.

Rosy

Yea I had to take almost all of the tupperware off the bike to get to everything, most was common sense to get off but some I had to refer to the manual to take it off. I have worked on vehicles all my life including rebuilding the engine in my Jeep, so I am fairly confident in being able to do the maintenance myself but I would not recommend changing the timing belts yourself if your not fairly mechanically inclined, the procedure is very work intensive but doable if you just take your time and follow the manual. Since I didn't have access to the previous owner of the trike ( I bought it from the installer on consignment ) I like to due as much of the maintenance and fluid changes as I can as soon as possible so I know everything is in good shape and new, I still have the coolant and brake fluids to change out. I did find a few things that were broken during the install that were not repaired very well and I took the time to fix them properly.

Good idea, I am doing the same thing with my 02 GL1800 Hannigan, little by little I am recording all the things being done to the trike and Goldwing so I have a record of what has been done and when it needs to be done again.
Just like you, second hand, so you start all over to get it right.
Question, how did your timing belt look and at what mileage did you do it? What does the manual say about replacement, mileage wise?
Thanks for the info.

Rosy

That's OK, my brother-in-law has a 1500 and he like to see what is new out there, so he may upgrade his ride. The only problem is he does not have a computer so I show him the pictures when he comes over from Maine.

Rosy

Does anyone have a Honda 2002 1800 Goldwing service manual that is not being used any more?
Thinking maybe you upgraded to a newer bike and it is just collecting dust! LOL
Looking for one.
Thanks.

Rosy

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png