What did you do to your Trike this week?

In the last two weeks, upgraded the bars, risers and fabbed a new mounting plate to attach same to the stock Yamaha trees.

Set out to ride last Saturday, got about 15 miles and broke a throttle cable. Replaced that in the parking lot of my Bug mechanic's shop (lucky it broke where it did!). Got it home and replaced the rear brake pads while I was at it.

Set out to ride today, and the clutch cable snapped! Made a new one and installed it, and while I was at it, put on new passenger foot rests, also made by yours truely. Got it prepped to install a new set of gauges, and made the harness for that today, too. Also got a new set of front pegs. Hafta fab a mounting bracket for those next weekend!

Hopefully, I'm runnin' outta stuff to fix!! Maybe tomorrow, I can actually ride!! :D

Great ride Doug D, in a few days we will be heading your way as we have a funeral at Jefferson Barracks in St. Louis. My Father is being buried there.
Hope you now can enjoy some long rides without any more worries about little things breaking!
It will be time to get my trike inspected, have the fluids changed, and get the rear end greased. Needs to be done at 55,000 miles and I have a little bit over 50,000 now, so might as well get it done.
hope you had a great Easter as we did here in NH!

Rosy

Have an appointment to get the trike's fluids changed today. Final gear oil, coolant, break fluids,clutch fluids, and state inspection should be done. Also get the Hannigan suspension greased.
Trike will be ready for this summer and for a few thousand miles. Next fluid changes should be at 100,000 miles for some.
Hope you are working on your trike to get it ready for this summer and beyond!

Rosy

I have a 2004 GL1800A with a CSC Cobra XL kit on it. I got carried away with the accessories and chrome. Not too much I didn't get on it. It looks sooo nice against the Black trike!! I still am trying to figure out this pic posting. I' not too computer smart, but will work at it in my down time......Ken

Nice Video...now I know how to Post Pics, Post Threads, and add Posts.....might turn into a Forum FRANKEN-SKUUTER-STEIN and be posting a LOT.....You done it now.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, I have had the new trike about three weeks.
I had the ground issue fixed, builder paid for it.
Added the fender extender.
Put short Kuryakyn risers.
Added the Super Brace
Air Hawk R.

As I have explained to my wife. THIS IS ALL NECESSARY STUFF.

Next: Trunk Handle with light. New bias ply front tire.

Some wife's do not understand these things. We need these items, just like they NEED a new pair of shoe or purse BECAUSE they are on sale. Never mind the other hundred pairs in the closet or the 15 purses.
Let them know, this will help make their ride a lot better, just like putting on a new pair of shoes!
Let me know what she says! LOL

Rosy

If I bring my trike, will you give it a spit shine. WOW, that trike looks great.
I am sure do did something to your trike, even if you just wiped it down.

Rosy

Front wheel bearing on GL 1800, is there a specific timetable for replacement or is it when it wears out?
They use to check it when you have your front tire changed, but now, front tires are lasting 3X longer, so, will they last that long?
Just wondering.

Rosy

Rode a Friend's "Bare Bones" Champion 1200 Sportster Trike.....I was extremely impressed...Lota' Fun to flick around...Nice Wide Rear Stance, felt stable and light.....ThumbUp

So, where is your trike? I have the same handle, but a black 1800.
Post, if you can on How To! With pictures!
It looks good on the yellow trunk! LOL

Rosy

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png