What did you do to your Trike this week?

Rosy & Fred,

We understand how you feel we lost four in our riding group here in Indy. All of us are in the 65 to 85 age category.

One thing that 2020 has brought out is these trials do not separate us from God’s love, they bring us closer to Him. Nothing can separate us from God’s love. We can also lean on each other. Keep in touch with one another through texts, telephone calls, live-streaming and the myriad ways that were not available to people in previous pandemics. Show love for each other because we are family.

We are still riding on those twisty scenic roads here in Indiana.

LINEX Gideon 2.jpg

Got Gas for it Sunday, And hosed off the mud on the rear wheels and underside from riding into camp last week...Its a Mile and a half of dirt road from the black top to get in..

LatestSnow

Our Friends in NH, have mostly put their machine into Winter Mode. Up, until the day we left, to venture to Florida, we had people riding for pleasure and commuting to work.

Snow has come and more is expected in the near future, so, traveling on motorcycles has mainly stopped. Now is the time to put on bling, repair broken Tupperware, and do all

the maintenance on our rides, while they sleep, if you have a "heated" place to work on them.

My ride is a 2002 Goldwing Trike, 83,000 miles, so, I pretty much have nearly all the goodies I need to put on, to make her, "My" ride. BUT, been thinking of adding more night time running lights, so people can SEE me better.

Also, looking at some of the old chrome goodies, they are starting to show age, aren't we all, LOL, so, I may replace a few pieces at a time. I wish I could do it to my body!

Well, what ever you do to your ride, please, show and tell, so we may see what is new with you.

Rosy

Rosy & Fred,

We understand how you feel we lost four in our riding group here in Indy. All of us are in the 65 to 85 age category.

One thing that 2020 has brought out is these trials do not separate us from God’s love, they bring us closer to Him. Nothing can separate us from God’s love. We can also lean on each other. Keep in touch with one another through texts, telephone calls, live-streaming and the myriad ways that were not available to people in previous pandemics. Show love for each other because we are family.

We are still riding on those twisty scenic roads here in Indiana.

It was pointed out that I should have said "Most" are in the 65 to 85 age category. There are three under 65. I apologize for my error.

New radio for old Shiney

Well from years of vibration, wet, heat from sun under that black batwing time for a new juke box LOL. Aquatic AV going in out with the OEM. Losing the CB and wired intercom. We need new headsets anyway so we will use bluetooth as well. Head unit is working just not as well as I like it to. CB still works as far as I know market for it I'd expect.

2020.. This is going to be one for the books. Lost Friends to the pandemic, rallies and rides not happening, if they happen, they are under a dark cloud, of what could happen, Friends not traveling to usual destinations, shortages of parts and other essentials (TP), and most of All, not being able to see Friends like "normal" years. Even if you are staying home, you are careful of what you do and where you go!

Most of us are in the Elderly category, so, we have to be very careful, not to take chances, like we did 50 years ago! 50 years ago, we would be able to fight it, now days, it could be fatal. 50 years ago, I would say, bring it on, it won't hurt me! Just like we use to ride our scooters, Ride'em like I stole it!

I hope all the Friends I have met and spoken to are all safe and sound. But, I do have tears in my eyes, for Friends I have lost.

Please, stay Safe!

Rosy

Good to see you on here again Rosy. Are you in Fl now ?? Saw where Tom has had a mishap,but is recovering. I think it was 2 yrs ago we met all at the Snowbird gathering. We were signed for last year but it was cancelled . Had surgery on shoulder 3 weeks ago. Started giving me trouble at that gathering in NE AZ last Sept, too much arthritis & 2 spurs in it. Now 3 weeks of exercises, but should be ready for riding season. Take care & ride safe. Bill & Janiene.

Power Loss

I need electrical help.

My 5 wire trailer connection:

White: Ground

Brown..power (license, running lights)

Yellow..Left turn

Green..Right turn

Blue..Auxiliary

As soon as I apply the brakes, my power will drop off the brown wire. Release the brake power on again..

Is that a bad relay, or something else?

Thanks,

Rosy

I need electrical help.

My 5 wire trailer connection:

White: Ground

Brown..power (license, running lights)

Yellow..Left turn

Green..Right turn

Blue..Auxiliary

As soon as I apply the brakes, my power will drop off the brown wire. Release the brake power on again..

Is that a bad relay, or something else?

Thanks,

Rosy
my thoughts are switch short. Check with multimeter for voltage

12 month service, new front tire, valve cover gaskets, new coolant reservoir, new windshield, new floorboards with heel toe shifter, new passenger boards and highway pegs, new grip puppies with crampbusters and bar end weights, and a new cell phone holder.

It's only numbers in an account right? :laugh:

Its all Relative.........:laugh:....

2+2 bars

After waiting almost 6 months i finally got my 2+2 narrow sweepers installed haven't rode a lot since then still debating weather i like them or not need to put more miles on.

Trailer for mobility scooter

This week I filled a need for my wife. She has movement difficulties due to back and hip issues. So when ever we go somewhere that can require walking around, we take her scooter on this trailer. Purchased from Northern Tools and modified for the scooter.

IMG-1768.jpg

Well this year I hope to replace the rear suspension air cylinder. My original one will pump up just fine but leaks off in a matter of seconds. So, I contacted a motorcycle salvage yard and found one they said "was in good working condition". I ordered it, got it and am just waiting on my good friend Phil (who I used to work with) to come over on his day off some week to help swap it out. I also have some more LED lights to put on but that is Phil's specialty.

He has cleaned up the electrical mess that was on this trike when I bought it to what it is today. All lights work as expected and have never failed, at least the ones he has addressed. Anyway, that's the plan. I took the old girl out today to just stretch her legs a little and all systems were go! I love this trike. I still think she is as pretty as any trike today, of course I should, right?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png