What did you do to your Trike this week?

Maybe you will find some kind "neighbor" to give you a hand putting your new items on. You never know who will read this and offer to come over and help. Would do, but it would be one hell of a ride for a few hours of work, don't you think! LOL
Hope all goes well and you get everything on, take pictures off your work and share it with us. You may find a short cut to fitting the items on, so it will help the next guy doing the work. Or just like me, if I have pictures of how to do a job, I may try it myself.
Thanks

Rosy

cjmitch, post pictures on before and after, would like to see them.
Will do!!!
You can change colors as many times as you want, is this correct? That would be great. Just like having new wheels every year!
Yes you can change colors anytime, just peel the rubberized coloring right off. no sanding, priming or anything, just clean them.

Question, is there a place who does this process, in case you don't want to tackle it?
Can you ship the wheels to them, let's say during the winter and they will do the work?
here is where I got the videos from, and they might just do thee things

https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php

tomg, down in a Florida that's a never ending story for a few weeks, correct? We have our bugs here, but not as bad from what I've heard like Florida.
What do you use to clean the bugs off? Mild soap and water, or just a good car water type cleaner?
We will speak more when I see you at the NETT Rally this August.
See you soon!

Rosy

prowler,
Never seen a BMW apart, please take pictures of your work so we can see. Wow, I believe it is going to take you most of the day, but could be wrong. It took the shop over 3 hours just to change the fluids on my wing.
Good luck, and remember, no extra parts when you get finished! LOL

Rosy

tomg, down in a Florida that's a never ending story for a few weeks, correct? We have our bugs here, but not as bad from what I've heard like Florida.
What do you use to clean the bugs off? Mild soap and water, or just a good car water type cleaner?
See you soon!

Rosy
It is terrible twice a year with some years without a lot of rain in May and Sept being better (less bugs). I keep a good amount of wax and use soap & water. Some people use drier sheets, but then you still need to clean up after that !

Tomg

- - - Updated - - -

Like you drive it in the winter in up state NY, I know better as you were down here with us in sometimes sunny, sometimes rainy Florida !! haha

Tomg

See you soon!

Rosy

I use warm water and Dawn. Been doing it for 40 years, never failed me.

Hey Bruce, in NH, you have to take the studded tires off by April, not in NY! LOL
OK, I give up, what tires did you run when you went to Daytona?
Tell Deb I owe her from last year. I have to take her for a ride as you did Janice! Elephants never forget!
Bugs...bugs...and more bugs! Just washed the Soul and spent a lot of time scrubbing bugs off from our trip to Illinois. They stick like tar!

Rosy

Hey Bruce, in NH, you have to take the studded tires off by April, not in NY! LOL
OK, I give up, what tires did you run when you went to Daytona?
Tell Deb I owe her from last year. I have to take her for a ride as you did Janice! Elephants never forget!
Bugs...bugs...and more bugs! Just washed the Soul and spent a lot of time scrubbing bugs off from our trip to Illinois. They stick like tar!

Rosy

I had the smaller tires and wheels on it last summer Rosy -- I had the smaller tires on it when I was in florida this winter. I can't get it in my trailer with the big boys on it.

taught myself how to set the valves on my Harley . Good video on you tube from s&s about how to. new cam , adjustable push rods, and lifters had 1000 miles on it. Runs a lot better and gained 30 miles per tank. Shouldn"t have to do it again for a while now.

I tell you what, there are a lot of good things on youtube for doing just about anything. That's where I learned to use the music program to set up my SD card for my MP3 on my Wing.
OK, so these Big Boys are bigger than the ones last year, WOW! How is the ride comparison from one set of tires to the others? Has summer come to upper NY, yet? Still cool here in NH, and Janice is having a fit because she likes to ride in hot weather and so far we have had maybe two days of her riding weather.
I am going to look at last year's NETT Rally pictures to see what the difference is between the sets of tires.

Rosy

I tell you what, there are a lot of good things on youtube for doing just about anything. That's where I learned to use the music program to set up my SD card for my MP3 on my Wing.
OK, so these Big Boys are bigger than the ones last year, WOW! How is the ride comparison from one set of tires to the others? Has summer come to upper NY, yet? Still cool here in NH, and Janice is having a fit because she likes to ride in hot weather and so far we have had maybe two days of her riding weather.
I am going to look at last year's NETT Rally pictures to see what the difference is between the sets of tires.

Rosy
Rosy, the winter tires are 10" these are 15.5 ", I run 20lbs of air in them and I like the ride better than the smaller tires.
Got to do an oil change before we head to Lake George, hope I don't have to put the studded tires on to go down there.
Were over 2 weeks behind this spring also, water levels are real high and the ground is soaked. I should have had the boat in 3 weeks ago but the water is just to high and fast.

You know it is kind of funny here. Go by the fire stations are they are saying, fire level moderate, but the weather is cool, but the rains come and go. We really missed the huge rain storm everybody else got a few weeks ago, because it blew out to sea, so the ground is fairly dry.
How many quarts do you take for your oil change? Is that a Chevy block? What year is the motor? Can you do an oil change without jacking the trike up? Good luck! I know, many questions!
See you guys soon. Remember we have to talk about a trip to Canada in the near future.

Rosy

You know it is kind of funny here. Go by the fire stations are they are saying, fire level moderate, but the weather is cool, but the rains come and go. We really missed the huge rain storm everybody else got a few weeks ago, because it blew out to sea, so the ground is fairly dry.
How many quarts do you take for your oil change? Is that a Chevy block? What year is the motor? Can you do an oil change without jacking the trike up? Good luck! I know, many questions!
See you guys soon. Remember we have to talk about a trip to Canada in the near future.

Rosy

Its a standard Chevy 350 and I can change the oil and filter without jacking the trike up --
Canada sounds good, see you soon.

Hey, Bruce, your avatar shows your narrow tires, correct? Are you using the same rims, or did you buy new ones?
Is the 350 stock, or are there modifications to the motor, like lifters, cam, pistons, heads, or primary chain? Whatever, it does sound good when running!
See you soon.

Rosy

Just dusted mine off this week,,,. She's been sitting way too long. :cxtv:

Hopefully this weekend, I'll take her out for a ride around the neighborhood to stretch her legs/wheels, lol. ;)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png