Brought my new-to-me trike home yesterday

Feb 28, 2014
Gastonia, NC, USA
Hello, Old Bob here...1936 model from North Carolina...I introduced myself last week on the new members page...Since then, I changed my mind and bought a different trike than I had in mind at that time.....

I brought home an 05 Suzuki C50 Boulevard (800 cc) equipped with a Lehman Tramp conversion kit.

It has 1500 miles on it....the previous owner bought it in 2011, got sick and only put on 750 miles to bring it to the 1500....It is very like new....royal blue and black..nice trunk top case..

I ride solo...Wife is paralyzed and in nursing home for life...I visit her twice a day......Am getting up in years and wanted the stability of a trike at a reasonable price....this one came up and I jumped all over it...$7500..
I figure I did ok...I have three bikes as well...will shed one or two...

The ride home was very nice...it was about 70 miles....Steers like a dream....The only roughness was in town when I went across some uneven railroad tracks...Otherwise excellent ride.

I won't be taking long trips as I have no time for them with caregiving responsibilities...

Had no trouble on interstate at speeds up to 75 mph....

All in all, I'm a very happy camper..

Bob in North Carolina

My wife and I bought a 2003 Volusia C50 trike with a Lehman kit last October. Only had it out a couple of times before winter but loved every minute. My wife has back problems and will only ride on a trike...fine with me. Enjoy your new ride and stay safe.

Welcome to Trike Talk!<br />
<br />
It is good to know that the C50 is working for you. My brother in-law was thinking of converting his Volusia to a trike so that my sister will ride with him. She won't on two wheels.<br />
<br />
Thank you for doing what you do for your wife! Being a care giver can be tuff sometimes. <br />
<br />
When you see her next, tell her we said "Hi!" and wish her the best.

Thanks for the nice comments and having had the bike for almost a week, I am finding with each ride that it is a very nice machine for me...easy to ride, plenty of power for me, each ride it feels even easier to ride and steer, am getting used to the way it handles on curves versus how a two wheeler handles, and so on...it is really just what I needed..

My first tank of gas yielded 48 mpg too....what's not to like?

Bob

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png