Trip

try to stay at 300 to 350 a day. We found out after traveling 380,000 miles it's best to be in your motel or camping spot by 5:00pm and on the road by 7:00am. Just my 2 cents!

On long trips we like to grip it and rip it! We have done over 750 miles in one day and as few as 450 miles
in one day it just depends on what we want to stop and see along the way to our next destination.
Mostly interstate driving at about 75 to 80 mph average. We like to ride fast! :pepper:

We like to travel 300-350 miles per day, but that depends on if we are traveling to a new area or not. If we are exploring a new area, we don't plan on any certain miles per day. We just wake up, eat breakfast, and take our time getting on the road. The journey is more important to us than the destination. You should do what is best for you guys.

:10:The Wife and I each ride our own trike and take a very leisurely pace - myself being retired I enjoy seeing these great United Staes.......been riding for almost 50 years
mostly on Harley's so I can say "been there, done that" for the speedsters.
ENJOY THE RIDE!

On long trips we like to grip it and rip it! We have done over 750 miles in one day and as few as 450 miles
in one day it just depends on what we want to stop and see along the way to our next destination.
Mostly interstate driving at about 75 to 80 mph average. We like to ride fast! :pepper:

We we go far, go fast, too. With gas and convenience, food and stuff, we ride between 10-14 hours a day, 500-700 miles. We love riding at night in the summer, because I can't take the heat. We have ridden over a thousand miles, 20 hours, just to get home and that was plenty.

- - - Updated - - -

When we go far, we go fast, too. With gas and convenience, food and stuff, we ride between 10-14 hours a day, 500-700 miles. We love riding at night in the summer, because I can't take the heat. We have ridden over a thousand miles, 20 hours, just to get home and that was plenty.

We we go far, go fast, too. With gas and convenience, food and stuff, we ride between 10-14 hours a day, 500-700 miles. We love riding at night in the summer, because I can't take the heat. We have ridden over a thousand miles, 20 hours, just to get home and that was plenty.
You pretty much have to ride your own ride - many folks just can't handle the long days and long distances!

If your interest is to enjoy the countryside, then high speeds and long days won't cut it!

If on the other hand your sole thrill is out of the riding, then long fast days may be your cup of tea.

Personally, I've ridden plenty of 600 mile days, but 450 is more enjoyable for me. Leave early and check into your motel early. Plenty of time to tidy up your trike, have a shower, a cocktail and a leisurely dinner. Then early to bed!

:GL1800::GL1800::GL1800::GL1800:

Is the trip about how many miles you can brag about when you get home or how many things you missed along the way? When we take our long trips we like to find those out of the way odd places. Did you know there is a hobo museum? Neither did we until we were coming back from Spirit Lake,Ia. from the Victory Rally

If I'm leading Other Riders, usually about 250 miles per day.....if it's Mitzie and I about 450 miles per day.....by Myself 600 miles per day "average", but have covered slightly over 800 on Sport Bikes.....Trike was usually 500 to 600.....ThumbUp

I think it is not an essential part of the journey time is counted, but my wife tells me that the time count the number of trips we do in the next month and at the end of the year..In plan for travel by bike ..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png