Aftermarket Exhaust on new Triglide

Went with the Fuel Moto ceramic coated header, Fuel Moto AC and Bassani 4" Megaphone slip on with 2.5" baffles. The Bassani's sound great and they have a nice low rumble when cruising.

I put the SE Street Cannons 4" mufflers on my '14 tri-glide and that's all I did to the machine. Sound is really sweet when you accelerate, and just a deep rumble when crusing. I love it and it works for me.ThumbUp

Gunfighter, Since I am new to the trike scene mods, with the Cannons, did you need to put the extension kit to make them come out at the proper length? I guess that is what the kit is for I see for sale along side the mufflers.

Stage one

I have Vance and Hines True duals w/cam etc.. The pipes that I got are especially for Triglides. they are alittle loud thru the gears but once you hit cruising speed, they mellow out and you can hear the radio. of course, I like the radio alittle on the loud side. more so when I am by myself.... Had a Goldwing and I always felt that I was in a European sports car. The Harley is more like an American HotRod!... that's my 2 cents worth.............:Coffee:

Well just did the stage one today. Could not stand the heat no more. Put Vance and Hines slash cut on my 2011. I had put the headers on it a month ago. Added a K&N high performance air filter and the power commander 5. I just rode it home from the shop and took the long way home to run it through the ropes. AT LAST! the heat is gone finally. It sounds great with that low rumble and the performance was immediately noticeable. What a shame you have to put all that money in a trike to make it run like a Harley should. So know I am happy and will ride it for a couple of months and get back on here to update. The heat is what I really was impressed with it gone, and it is near 90 degrees in Florida today.

I have a 2016 Tri glide 400 miles on it , if I change exhaust etc will it void the warranty ???? I never asked the question at the dealer .

Just asking some dealers ;Will this void the warranty , Will void the warranty...:laugh:

All kidding aside, No it won't.. And you'll be hard pressed to find ''any'' HD that hasn't had it's exhaust changed, And most were done by the dealers...

New Rinehart pipes

I just put new Rinehart pipes on my 2014 tri glide and its still not that loud. Anything else I can do to make it sound like a Harley...lol Its been an improvement but still not quite what I'm looking to hear. My friends have said they will get louder after you ride some but, I did a 182 mile ride the other day....still the same. I would love to have that Blarppp sound..any suggestions?

I just put new Rinehart pipes on my 2014 tri glide and its still not that loud. Anything else I can do to make it sound like a Harley...lol Its been an improvement but still not quite what I'm looking to hear. My friends have said they will get louder after you ride some but, I did a 182 mile ride the other day....still the same. I would love to have that Blarppp sound..any suggestions?
If you still have the catalytic converter in the head pipes , remove it or better still change it to headpipes from Fuel Moto orFull Sack or Vance and Hines. They will be louder for sure.
Wayne

I installed the Rineharts last year after I bought my trike, last week I installed the Fuel Moto ceramic head pipe, Fuel Moto AC, and PV Tuner. The Rineharts are much louder now. Best thing is the heat is gone, my MPG jumped from 30 mpg to 38 mpg, and performance is much better now!

I have tested many different exhaust systems.

Have used the stock headers, stock headers with cat removed, Fuel Moto 2-1-2 ceramic headers and the Power Duals. On a Stage I there is not a lot of difference between them. But the cat being gone definitely reduces felt heat.

The Fuel Moto 2-1-2 & Power Duals definitely give a bit of a bump in power, and the Power Duals are a bit deeper sound.

I can't count how many different slip-ons I've tested.

Here are vids of the two latest-

Both were with the Power Dual headers. This first one is a top performer-

This one is right close in performance to the one above, but a lot deeper and quieter.\Kevin

I have tested many different exhaust systems.

Have used the stock headers, stock headers with cat removed, Fuel Moto 2-1-2 ceramic headers and the Power Duals. On a Stage I there is not a lot of difference between them. But the cat being gone definitely reduces felt heat.

The Fuel Moto 2-1-2 & Power Duals definitely give a bit of a bump in power, and the Power Duals are a bit deeper sound.

I can't count how many different slip-ons I've tested.

Here are vids of the two latest-

Both were with the Power Dual headers. This first one is a top performer-

Aftermarket Exhaust

I personally like the sound of the stock exhaust on my '12 Tri Glide. If I change it's only going to be in an attempt to get rid of the cats with the end game of reducing the heat off of the right side.

Vance and Hines

I just pulled the trigger on a 2014 Blackened Cayenne Triglide. I test drove one for a couple of hours over the weekend and noticed how much louder the stock exhaust sounded on the Triglide vs. my Ultra Limited. It sounded enough louder that I was just sure there were aftermarket pipes on the bike and then when I finished the ride I saw they were stock. I have been considering Rineharts but now I am concerned they just may be way too loud. It's one thing to listen to them at an idle and another altogether at 70mph. Any comments/experiences are appreciated.

I just purchase the Vance and Hines slip ons on a 2015 HD Trike and they are a tad meatier sound plus it gave me a 1.5 inches more ground clearance so I am not bottoming out leaving my alley....

May consider lift kit!

If you would like a little bit more ground clearance and a little better handling think about installing a lift kit. Several lift kits out on the market it seems it is what the trikes need it made a world in difference for me.I just purchase the Vance and Hines slip ons on a 2015 HD Trike and they are a tad meatier sound plus it gave me a 1.5 inches more ground clearance so I am not bottoming out leaving my alley....

Attachments

• DSC00271.JPG
    DSC00271.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 359
If you would like a little bit more ground clearance and a little better handling think about installing a lift kit. Several lift kits out on the market it seems it is what the trikes need it made a world in difference for me.

I have a lift kit and I love it. But even with a 1 1/2"lift, my pipes still scrape the road when I enter or leave my driveway sometimes (see 1st pic)

I am thinking of getting the COBRA 909 Twin slip-on's. They appear to be a bit shorter than stock, and with a nice rolled over edge on the slash down cut ends. And they are a pretty good price at $399 for the pair.

Attachments

• IMGP3644.JPG
    IMGP3644.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 358
  • Cobra 909.jpg
    Cobra 909.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 356
I have a lift kit and I love it. But even with a 1 1/2"lift, my pipes still scrape the road when I enter or leave my driveway sometimes (see 1st pic)
I am thinking of getting the COBRA 909 Twin slip-on's. They appear to be a bit shorter than stock, and with a nice rolled over edge on the slash down cut ends. And they are a pretty good price at $399 for the pair.

I have the Cobra pipes and love both the look and sound.

Good morning all , Happy Labor Day weekend :Coffee:, I have a 2016 Tri Glide , I am thinking of replacing exhaust to get away from the heat etc , any recommendations would be appreciated , along with the exhaust what else would I need to make it all come together ??? Thanks

ULTRA FRED

Last edited:
If you not done anything else to the trike but the pending exhaust, most of the experts says the stock ECM will compensate for the better flow. If you also change the air cleaner then you will need to think about some type of tune or things will get way to lean in the fuel mix. You might consider the tuner anyway now because it will help out the stock factory lean mixture. By adding some fuel the bike will run some what cooler. That's just the highlight on the subject it is very complicated and opinionated.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png