Aftermarket Exhaust on new Triglide

If you not done anything else to the trike but the pending exhaust, most of the experts says the stock ECM will compensate for the better flow. If you also change the air cleaner then you will need to think about some type of tune or things will get way to lean in the fuel mix. You might consider the tuner anyway now because it will help out the stock factory lean mixture. By adding some fuel the bike will run some what cooler. That's just the highlight on the subject it is very complicated and opinionated.Thank you Gorilla !!!

I just knocked the centers out of the cheap baffles on the bike with the help of my wife holding the mufflers so they did not move in the hangars, sounds good to me I am lazy in my old age :cool:

Triglide exhaust fitment

I have a 2012 Triglide that I took the stock exhaust and neatly removed the CAT and tig welded it back up and used it for a couple years with no issues. Since then I've purchased a Fulsac header. I would like to E-bay the head pipe but I'm not sure what years it will fit. Can anyone help with this so i can advertise it properly

I have a 2012 Triglide that I took the stock exhaust and neatly removed the CAT and tig welded it back up and used it for a couple years with no issues. Since then I've purchased a Fulsac header. I would like to E-bay the head pipe but I'm not sure what years it will fit. Can anyone help with this so i can advertise it properly
What are you looking to get for it?

Trail Rider

should fit a 10 thru 13 and possibly a 09

Jake, I have a 2011 and am looking to remove my cat, so I wondered what you would ask for yours?

No cat head pipe

I have the head pipe and the crossover and rear extensions. I also have a Vance & Hines fuelpak I was going to try to sell with it. The program V&H gave me was for a 2012 Triglide or heavy bike with No Cat , slipons and works best with high flow aircleaner but not necessary which I had. The bike ran good with no issues. I just decided to change cams now and that meant tuner software and then I bought a crossover header for it. Would like to get $175 for both. If anyone is interested I will e-mail pic's

Cfr mufflers

On last several bikes I used CFR exhaust,love the sound.

Just installed on my 2016 Tri-Glide and they sound great,wife can still hear radio just fine.

FP3 AND BIG SUCKER.

Also removed Cat

Bike runs strong.

Pat

Last edited:

Just installed on my 2016 Tri-Glide and they sound great,wife can still hear radio just fine.

I purchased a Kuryayken true duals and I can't figure how to get the mufflers off of the trike. I can reach the forward bolt, but the rear bolt on the muffler I can't reach. Is there an easy way to get to the bolt?

Minority

I almost left mine stock. After about 1,500 miles I thought the exhaust sounded pretty good but I needed it just a little louder. Got a set of Full Boar from J&P. Had them on my last Ultra with 2" baffles and they were perfect and didn't break the bank. This time I went with 2.5" baffles and I should have stuck with the 2". Slightly louder than I needed but still not as loud as most out there.

The finish on these are top notch. The previous set I had went over 10,000 miles and still looked new. I know that isn't much of a test but it convinced me to try another set at way under $300.00.

I purchased a Kuryayken true duals and I can't figure how to get the mufflers off of the trike. I can reach the forward bolt, but the rear bolt on the muffler I can't reach. Is there an easy way to get to the bolt?

Nope - try a 16 point bent box wrench and a 6 pack.:Shrug:

2015 TG with OEM pipes

I ride with a lot of other TGs and those of us with stock have much quieter pipes. I do admit I admire some of the other 2 wheelers who have some nice pipes as the sound is impressive, but since my pipes are under the bike and for the most part, the sound is muffled by the body of the trike.

On the '17 I have the trike specific mufflers from Vance and Hines. They sound fantastic at idle and under acceleration it now has that disincentive Harley sound. In 6th gear, they are very radio friendly. Stock radio and speakers.

Vance & Hines True Duals

On my wife's 2013 TriGlide, we installed Vance and Hines slip ons (slant cut double walled) and she was pleased with the throaty rumble. Later, trying to beat the heat led us to installing V&H true dual header pipes and got rid of the very hot EPA stuff. The result was very loud exhausts...she has always liked loud pipes so I wasn't worried. She keeps calling them "too loud." Has anyone tried the stock Harley muflers with the true dual header pipes?

On my wife's 2013 TriGlide, we installed Vance and Hines slip ons (slant cut double walled) and she was pleased with the throaty rumble. Later, trying to beat the heat led us to installing V&H true dual header pipes and got rid of the very hot EPA stuff. The result was very loud exhausts...she has always liked loud pipes so I wasn't worried. She keeps calling them "too loud." Has anyone tried the stock Harley muflers with the true dual header pipes?

I have V&H Trike mufs with OEM headders and cat removed. After 3 diferent pairs of mufflers , finaly found the right tone for me. :clapping: Nice and mello.

You might want to take a look at DK'S Thunder Torques...Very simple solution to the noise, And will increase both bottom and mid range power....:clapping:

On my 16 I have an S&S header (no cat) and the stock mufflers. The result is slightly louder and slightly deeper sound than all stock. On my Switchback, I had V&H true duels (no cat) and V&H Twin Slash mufflers. That setup was quite a bit louder than what I have now.

2018 Tri-Glide Stock vs Aftermarket Slipons

Has anyone replaced the stock mufflers on their 2017-2018 M8 Tri-Glides? Are the stock mufflers load enough? I replaced the stock mufflers on my 2016 Road Glide Ultra with RCX 109c slipons and was thinking of putting them on my new 2018 Tri-Glide.

TIA

Yes ........... And after about 1k of interstate riding I went back to the stock muffler cans. I like being able to hear the radio.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png