Aftermarket Exhaust on new Triglide

On my wife's 2013 TriGlide, we installed Vance and Hines slip ons (slant cut double walled) and she was pleased with the throaty rumble. Later, trying to beat the heat led us to installing V&H true dual header pipes and got rid of the very hot EPA stuff. The result was very loud exhausts...she has always liked loud pipes so I wasn't worried. She keeps calling them "too loud." Has anyone tried the stock Harley muflers with the true dual header pipes?

seajay,

I put Cobra true duals on my '16 TG with stock mufflers. I came out real nice.

Cagmo

Stock vs cannons or V&H

I am considering replacing stock pipes with Screamin Eagle Cannons or V&H slipons (but don't want the pipes to be too loud).

This change is more to do with cosmetics than sound as the stock pipes have a good sound.

The stock pipes are dinged on the bottom from backing out of a slopped driveway so rather than just replace the stock I was thinking of the Screamin Eagle Cannons or V&H slipons that would be able to back out of a driveway without hitting.

Any recommendations?

Gary, almost everyone that has tried the Street Cannons ditches them and goes to another brand. They sound great when new but over time their tone changes and at highway speeds the drone becomes very annoying. I finally went with the ones from S&S on both the SGS and the trike. They are very radio friendly. I have to wear hearing aids and the exhaust note does not terrorize my hearing.

Installed V&H designed for the Trike. Just the right sound for me. Not loud and radio frendly :clapping:

Plus What HD Bob said. Lift kit.

I am considering replacing stock pipes with Screamin Eagle Cannons or V&H slipons (but don't want the pipes to be too loud).

This change is more to do with cosmetics than sound as the stock pipes have a good sound.

The stock pipes are dinged on the bottom from backing out of a slopped driveway so rather than just replace the stock I was thinking of the Screamin Eagle Cannons or V&H slipons that would be able to back out of a driveway without hitting.

Any recommendations?

Add a shock lift kit (new longer lower shock mount brackets) and get more exhaust clearance .... and other benefits.

Bob :Dorag:

tglidestuff pic.JPG

Also, do not base your choice on how an exhaust sounds on a 2 wheel Harley. The way the exhaust exits under the trike body vs narrow saddle bags drastically affects the db and, the exhaust note. This is one of the reasons I chose the S&S Grand nationals. I bent their ear in the tech dept with a whole bunch of questions. They were very happy to take the time and answer all of them. Their customer service is excellent. Another option is the Jackpot exhaust from Fuel Moto. I should mention that I tried the trike specific exhaust from V&H. It too came off the trike because it wasn't as radio / hearing aid friendly as I was led to believe. Fuel Moto has some of the best discounts btw on exhaust systems. Both theirs and S&S. Needless to say, that is who I went through.

Any recommendations?

You've not mentioned the year of your trike. The M8 because of it's exhaust system design must use the slip on mufflers from the Rushmore gen or earlier.

Street Cannons for Tri-glide

MikeyTX responded that 'almost everyone that has tried the Street Cannons ditches them and goes to another brand.'

Tri-Glide is a 2014.

Does anyone else have a different experience with the Street Cannons on a Tri-Glide?

The stock pipes are dinged on the bottom from backing out of a slopped driveway so rather than just replace the stock I was thinking of the Screamin Eagle Cannons or V&H slipons that would be able to back out of a driveway without hitting. "Any recommendations?

Hey, Neighbor, welcome to Trike Talk. Post often, post some pictures, make friends and have fun. :Dorag: :mexican:

MikeyTX responded that 'almost everyone that has tried the Street Cannons ditches them and goes to another brand.'

Tri-Glide is a 2014.

Does anyone else have a different experience with the Street Cannons on a Tri-Glide?

I had two sets replaced under warranty because the packing core came loose in one set and on the other something else broke loose inside and you could hear the rattle at idle

Pipes

I have Rinehart 4" mufflers running cat-less Vance and Hines head pipes on my 2017 Milwaukee 8. It seems that everyone thinks Rineharts are loud...they are not. They are deep and throatee, which sounds awesome and makes some car alarms go off while idling through a parking lot...which in my childish nature is kind of fun.

WARRANTY

I have a set of Cannons to put on yet. I also have a stock head pipe that I removed the cat from and ceramic coated inside and out. I will probably hold off on head pipe due to the warranty issues I am hearing about catless pipes and the M8 motors.

Warranty

I have a set of Cannons to put on yet. I also have a stock head pipe that I removed the cat from and ceramic coated inside and out. I will probably hold off on head pipe due to the warranty issues I am hearing about catless pipes and the M8 motors.

I have heard it said that if your dealer holds warranty issues over you, change dealers. Call them and ask what their policy is about whatever you are going to do. After the V&H dresser duals, w/o the cats, I used the HD race tuner. The power difference is just amazing without the cats.

I have heard it said that if your dealer holds warranty issues over you, change dealers. Call them and ask what their policy is about whatever you are going to do. After the V&H dresser duals, w/o the cats, I used the HD race tuner. The power difference is just amazing without the cats.

Ask that dealer if you have been flagged in the corporate computer

This may follow you as long as you own said bike

Exhaust

I installed Freedom Patriots with their Header system. Also Stage 1 Airfilter. 102.21 Ft lbs torque. Sounds great going down the road. Mellow but noticeable . No complaints from my wife Buz

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom95

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom95
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png