Aftermarket Exhaust on new Triglide

What to expect?

Bought a 2020 Tri Glide Ultra and I’m having the full stage 2 engine work done along with a complete header back V&H exhaust system. Wondering if anyone has done this type of build and what should I expect out of it.

:welcome:to the forum. Lost of posts, here, concerning M-8 performance. One of the forum sponsors, D K Customs, has a lot of knowledge on the subject.

Bought a 2020 Tri Glide Ultra and I’m having the full stage 2 engine work done along with a complete header back V&H exhaust system. Wondering if anyone has done this type of build and what should I expect out of it.

V&H Exhaust = cancelled warranty

Nope, not if dealer installed. I bought from HD in Madison. Great people. Have the warranty including the build with exhaust in writing from them.

I haven't any Dogs in this race.......But is that Warranty direct from Harley Davison....

Or from the/your Madison dealer only....Ie, You brake down and need warranty work 500 miles from home and you get towed to Joe Schmo Harley dealership in South Crankshaft Anywhere USA..

Will they do the warranty work , Or Flag the VIN# to Corporate..?..:Shrug:...

I haven't any Dogs in this race.......But is that Warranty direct from Harley Davison....

Or from the/your Madison dealer only....Ie, You brake down and need warranty work 500 miles from home and you get towed to Joe Schmo Harley dealership in South Crankshaft Anywhere USA..

I would call corporate HD and get the low down here

Your dealer may say most any thing, while that be OK between you and said dealer, HD corporate no longer accepts this and will void your Power Train warranty at the drop of a hat to protect its interests and future fines

They said Harley. As long as one of their bikes and tuned by a Harley mechanic, no problem. Besides, I’ve owned quite a few Harleys and only used once on an 02 Roadking and they honored that. That was Harley internals and aftermarket exhaust as well. The Harley guys even specified the exhaust when I asked them to do the build.

Nope, not if dealer installed. I bought from HD in Madison. Great people. Have the warranty including the build with exhaust in writing from them.

I had a 2000 screaming eagle road glide bought new change the muffler tips, the rocker arm support broke at 1500 miles , Harley cancelled the drive train warranty , nothing I could do but fix myself . GOOD LUCK

Not the dealer , Its Harley Davidson

Believe me, car bike, any kind of RV dealership can push anything they want through warranty. Knew a guy at a high end auto dealership and he would push things through on other people’s warranty if he liked them. Where there’s a will, there’s a way. Treat your local dealerships shop guys well.

Believe me, car bike, any kind of RV dealership can push anything they want through warranty. Knew a guy at a high end auto dealership and he would push things through on other people’s warranty if he liked them. Where there’s a will, there’s a way. Treat your local dealerships shop guys well.

A wise woman once told me to always be nice to my hair dresser and my auto mechanic. ;)

Al, Remember what Leo ''D'' Once said....Nice guys finish last....

If a dealer flags a Harleys VIN# Also with that in mind you don't always brake down Locally.............Even JC couldn't push it through.....

will 09 slip-on's fit 2019 tri

I have a '09 Triglide, in 2012..

when I bought it, bought V&H slip ons, but swapped them out for Rineharts within a month..

the V&H had a deep mellow sound, but just not to my liking.. [they are still up in my attic]

switched to Rineharts and have not regretted them the first time.. good sound...

my better half now rides the trike and I tag along behind on my '05 Fatboy..

the Rineharts don't have the "I-am-getting-a-freakin'-headache-riding-behind-that-trike-with-the-Rineharts"

sound.. a good head turning sound..

and if you are in the market for an almost brand new set of V&H slip ons, will make you a GREAT DEAL!

Will 09 slip-on's fit a 2019 triglide?

I did the same thing a tbear and I would do it over again given the opportunity. As tbear said they have a little bark going thru the gears, but when you get up to highway speeds they are not in competition with the radio.

Plus I have never drug these pipes, can't say that for the stock one.

Is that the V&H 16763?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png