1997 Ultra Classic Trike

lasso

Nov 7, 2011
Baskin, Louisiana, USA
I'm fixing to buy a 1997 Ultra-Classic, it got a Motor-Trike kit 2 years ago. The actual bike itself only has 5,500 miles on it. Is there anything in particular that I need to pay attention to or consider changing?

I'm fixing to but a 1997 Ultra-Classic, it got a Motor-Trike kit 2 years ago. The actual bike itself only has 5,500 miles on it. Is there anything in particular that I need to pay attention to or consider changing?

WOW 5500 actual miles. It has a 80 CI EVO engine. That is a very solid motor. The Motor Trike Conversion is a great conversion. Make sure it runs good. Gas may have done some varnishing in the carb. If it starts and runs fairly good the first thing would be to run some SEA FOAM gas treatment in the gas through it to clean things out. I would next look at all the rubber stuff. This bike/trike has been doing a lot os sitting. That is the worst thing for rubber hose tires etc. Change all the fluids even if they look good because condensation gets into them. Oils and brake fluids. Put a New battery in it and enjoy your great purchase. That is a great bike no real issues.

May have to change the trees to give it more rake to steer easy..You will have to drive it and if it is hard to steer order a set of trees from the link on this website..

Check the drive belt or?

Change all fluids including shocks brakes..

Good Luck

:Coffee: If possible take it to a trike shop and have it checked out!
Check all torque on bolts, alignment on belt etc.

The 80" evo is damn near bullet proof. I put over 91,000 on mine with no major engine work, just take care of it. I had an E-27 cam in mine which is just a might hotter than stock and I put one in the new one I bought. Just gives a bit more humph without having to change anything or give up any reliability
My 1989 motor still runs strong but last season started leaking oil under the cylinder heads.
I found a new motor for less than the cost of rebuilding mine and am installing it now.
Take a look at the stator wire and make sure it has the stiff wire that holds it from unplugging itself from vibration. You can pick one up at the dealership.
The difference between a good trike and a piece of junk that might kill you depends entirely on the integrity of the builder, I'm not kidding a bit!

Went yesterday and rode it. It is a Shrine bike that was converted 2 years ago. Mileage was wrong its actually got 3,913 actual miles on it. All the belts and hoses we're recently changed at his local Harley dealership along with all fluids changed. Plan on picking it up on the 11th, will have a 3 hour ride home. I should know by then if its got any bugs in it. Gave $15,000. for it. Will post some pics in a couple days.

Went yesterday and rode it. It is a Shrine bike that was converted 2 years ago. Mileage was wrong its actually got 3,913 actual miles on it. All the belts and hoses we're recently changed at his local Harley dealership along with all fluids changed. Plan on picking it up on the 11th, will have a 3 hour ride home. I should know by then if its got any bugs in it. Gave $15,000. for it. Will post some pics in a couple days.

It sounds like a nice deal I have enough into mine im not sure I would sell for $15,000.
You sure didn't get hurt that I can see.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png