Honda CD Changer

Jan 29, 2012
Dover, NH USA
My CD changer is saying MachErr on the display and I am trying to eject my CDs and it won't let me. Does anyone have a suggestion on what to do?
Thanks for your help.

Rosy
Thank you everybody. I fixed the problem.
the first CD was jammed and it came free.

Rosy

Last edited:
I am not trying to be a SA but the best advice is to junk it and replace it w/a BikeMP3player!
Even though you fixed it, that's still good advice!

Rosy the mechanism it a real POS... Not trying to be rude and crude but I went through three of them before I gave up. Fortunately they were covered under warranty so it only cost me the time to do the work. The mechanics of the CD hanger are real fragile. No Kidding - it is a very poor design to say the least. I got permission from Honda both times before I opened the defective units to get my discs out.

If you are not under warranty I'd suggest you investigate dumping the c/d changer in the trash (after you pull your tunes) and replacing it with one of the MP3 players that plug into the CD interconnect wiring. To be honest I don't know a thing about them but have read a few threads and if I were starting out that is the way I'd go. Seems to me Wing Stuff ( www.wingstuff.com ) and Electrical Connection ( http://www.electricalconnection.com/audio/gl18-ipod-hb.htm ) were mentioned as sources....

Hope that helps... :xszpv: :xszpv:

Goldrush, Honda CD changer dumped. I hooked in an MP3 player yesterday and I am working on the SD cards which will supply music to it.
As I said before, I am not one with a computer so I had to watch the video several times before I started to put songs into the MP3 program. I have several songs ready to go into the SD card, but will wait till I get more so as not to waste the capacity of the program which allows 99 songs per folder and 6 folders.
Thanks for the advise.

Rosy

Project complete! SD card loaded and MP3 player playing songs. Handlebar controls work the folders from 1 to 6. Wish the radio controls on the tank would work, but they don't to move the folders. Oh well, at least I will not get the MechErr display any more! Hurray!

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png