New Hannigan trike owner

What kind of mileage are you getting? When I owned my 2004 with a CSC kit it weighed 1260 LBS and got around 34-36 MPG. With my new (almost new) 2012 with a brand new Hannigan kit on it it weighs 1310 and it consistently getting 37-38.5 MPG. Both weights were with the bike loaded and a full tank of petrol. This mileage is based on 1500 miles and riding in all kinds of weather and wind.

Congratulation! I really like the Hannigan. It makes me think Luxury. An example might be a modern version of the Lincoln back in the day with the high fins and the spare tire on the back. When you cruse through town everyone knows you have arrived. The Tri Glide would make me want to pull into the next biker bar, grab the bouncer by the seat of the pants and throw him out on his Sportster. The Razor, well it looks like a Jack Rabbits butt. Makes you want to jump on twist the throttle and go. In a perfect world I would have one of each.

I put 1300 miles on the Razor last week and got between 35 and 37MPG. Total weight with our big butts and gear on it was probably around 1700 lbs. Ran the Tail of the Dragon. That was fun. Saw a sport bike minus the front tire and fork being being pulled out of the woods. I hope the rider was ok.

What kind of mileage are you getting? When I owned my 2004 with a CSC kit it weighed 1260 LBS and got around 34-36 MPG. With my new (almost new) 2012 with a brand new Hannigan kit on it it weighs 1310 and it consistently getting 37-38.5 MPG. Both weights were with the bike loaded and a full tank of petrol. This mileage is based on 1500 miles and riding in all kinds of weather and wind.
I am not tracking mileage yet having too much fun riding. Ball park at 55 mph about what you are seeing. At 70 mph a whole lot less. I am pushing an F4 +2 through the air.
Best image

I am not tracking mileage yet having too much fun riding. Ball park at 55 mph about what you are seeing. At 70 mph a whole lot less. I am pushing an F4 +2 through the air.
Best image

Thanks for the info. The first year I had my CSC kit I checked the mileage every tank. ( I know, sounds crazy) and I'm heading to DC on mine in a couple of weeks and we see how I do on the road.

Re: New Hannigan trike

When I read your post I had to go out to the garage and see if mine was still there! I just bought a 2012 with a brand new Hannigan kit on it 3 weeks ago and it is a dead ringer. Great looking kit. The only issue I had was how to mount footpegs since the ground effects are so high. You will love the way it handles. Mine is the exact same bike. It sits a little low so be careful of pulling into some gas stations and streets until you get used to it.
I have had a couple of touch downs with the trailer hitch. Mainly coming out of parking lots.
I think I need to go out at an angle to avoid it.

My 2012 Goldwing was converted the week of April 14. Can't say enough good things about Hannigan service. Went to pick up trike Friday PM they pointed out a stone chip on the fender that happened during initial test ride. So they offered to repair and repaint. They stayed that night and it was ready Sat morning. :clapping:
So there are actually two new Hannigans trike and trailer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    708.3 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    704.4 KB · Views: 61
One super fine looking rig. How much does pulling that beautiful trailer affect your gas mileage? It seems that trailer in very aerodynamic so that should help quite a bit.

That's one thing I'm going to be learning this summer when I pull my Aluma MCT out west. I know when I pulled it with my Harley Triglide it normally cost me 7 - 10 mpg to pull it. I'm not sure what my Wing will do when pulling it. I have to believe that Hannigan trailer will be a little easier on fuel since it looks to be pretty aerodynamic.

I pull a non aerodynamic trailer. The wing can pull it almost 80 % of the time in 5th. Cost me 2 miles to the gallon. At 75+ MPH more like 5mpg. Mine weighs about 120 empty and about 400 full. Most of the time I forget I have it behind me. 2 up on real long inclines it needs 4 th or 3rd.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png