Traveling to the Twisted Sisters

Apr 14, 2012
Mckinney, Tx
Heading out at 4 a.m. to get thru the Dallas traffic and wiil be staying in San Antonio. This is a trip off the "bucket list." This will be the longest trip so far on the trike and the weather will be warm and sunny. I promised my wife I would drive slow on the sisters so she can take lots of photos. I hope to go up to Kerrville and look over that town also. Mike

Heading out at 4 a.m. to get thru the Dallas traffic and wiil be staying in San Antonio. This is a trip off the "bucket list." This will be the longest trip so far on the trike and the weather will be warm and sunny. I promised my wife I would drive slow on the sisters so she can take lots of photos. I hope to go up to Kerrville and look over that town also. Mike

Have a GREAT time Mike!!! Stop in at THE PIT STOP in Leakey for a cool one. The folks there are real friendly and the BBQ is not bad. Hitting the "Sisters" during the week instead of weekend is a wise idea. Not near as many crazies there then. You and your bride will have a much better time. :xszpv::xszpv:

Have a GREAT time Mike!!! Stop in at THE PIT STOP in Leakey for a cool one. The folks there are real friendly and the BBQ is not bad.......
When you stop in Leakey be sure and pronounce the town "Lakey". They will correct you REAL fast. LoL

Be sure to drop in on Frio Canyon Motorcycle. Got some cleaver T-shirts.

o~\o

When you stop in Leakey be sure and pronounce the town "Lakey". They will correct you REAL fast. LoL

They do get a bit defensive about that - don't they..... I never fell into the trap but I saw a couple different guys make that mistake. The nicest "little old lady" can be down right rude!!! :gah: :gah:

Go through Kerrville and take 16 south to Medina and 337 west - an absolutely beautiful ride. Make sure your brakes are in good working order to make your way to Leakey - some really steep grades and hairpin turns along the way. Coming back take 83 north to 39 then west back towards Ingram and Kerrville. Kinda dull at first, but start crossing the Guadalupe River a bunch of times with some nice scenery. If you have time, head to Fredericksburg out of Kerrville, and stop off in some of the tourist trap shops downtown (you'll go right through it). Some good pinto beans and cornbread at a place there on the north side of the street about midway along the area (Don't remember the name). There's also a large information center one street north of the main drag that has tons of information about the area. Last, but not least, the Willow City Loop north on 16 out of Fredericksburg provides some nice scenery and flowers. Back towards SA visiting Luckenbach is a must. Probably more than be done in a day, but some of it is worth going back a second day for. To add to your future bucket list, purchase a Butler map of the area. LOTS of good rides and information.

Took that ride about this time last year. Hope you enjoy the hill country as much as my wife and I did.

That types of trip is amazing for you because family member's along with you and you are enjoy that trip i suggest to you that go to the Kerrville its nice place and heart touching for you i know..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png