We're Here to Help!

Is it O.K to jack up an HDTR Roadsmith Harley conversion by using the trailer hitch and frame? I saw on the forum somewhere where a guy built an attachment that goes in the hitch and then rests on a jack

Are all of the Roadsmith wing guards suppose to have the brace to make them weight bearing. I bought a used 09 GL1800 a year ans a half ago from the dealer who originally triked it and installed the wing guards back in 09. Mine does not have the brace and still has part of the center stand bolted to the bottom. They just cut off part of the center stand. Now it makes me wonder if they couldn't remove it for some reason or just cut part of it off because that was easier.
Steve

First of all our apologies on the late reply - All of Roadsmith's Wing Guards are supplied with the center support brace, so yes technically they all should have that unless the installer chose not to put on that piece. If you'd like to order them feel free to give us a call at 800-331-0705 and we'd be happy to send you a set.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't one of the mounting points for the wing guards on the center stand mounts?

Yes, that is correct. The center support brace is mounted there.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it O.K to jack up an HDTR Roadsmith Harley conversion by using the trailer hitch and frame? I saw on the forum somewhere where a guy built an attachment that goes in the hitch and then rests on a jack

Yes that's okay. The best point to jack the trike up is the lower shock mount, but if you need to get both wheels in the air that method will work, obviously just use caution.

roadsmith in ia ?

getting ready to pull plug on newer goldwing 1800 hts roadsmith, worried about installer or service here in middle of ia> ? where to go ? or if i buy somewhere else where to have serviced here? motor trike very close, had my 1500 from them,

making decision to go to roadsmith hard when motortrike down the road razor kit

help

I was in the same delimma, had motor trike about 20 mins away, opted for the Road Smith who was 2 hours away. At the time, wasn't satisfied with the drive train, had to drop the drive shaft for lube maintenance, and for me that was a shop visit, maybe that has improved, don't know.

getting ready to pull plug on newer goldwing 1800 hts roadsmith, worried about installer or service here in middle of ia> ? where to go ? or if i buy somewhere else where to have serviced here? motor trike very close, had my 1500 from them,

making decision to go to roadsmith hard when motortrike down the road razor kit

help

Hello,

First, thanks for the opportunity to earn your business. We just replied in another post, but according to your zip code in Barnum, IA, there is a Roadsmith dealer not to far away from you in Storm Lake, IA. They have been a top 10 Roadsmith dealer since 2011 and have developed a very good reputation. I invite you to check them out before you make the big decision, talk to Larry or Jeff :)

Storm Lake Honda
207 E. Milwaukee
Storm Lake, IA 50588
712-732-2460

- - - Updated - - -

I was in the same delimma, had motor trike about 20 mins away, opted for the Road Smith who was 2 hours away. At the time, wasn't satisfied with the drive train, had to drop the drive shaft for lube maintenance, and for me that was a shop visit, maybe that has improved, don't know.

Hey Bill, depending on how new your kit is, the drive shaft system is sealed on a Roadsmith.

Maybe I didn't make my post very clear, the MotorTrike drive had to be dropped for yearly maintenance , whereas the RS did not, therefore my choice was the 2012 Road Smith. Still good for many happy miles.

Hi RS,
Just recently purchased a 2015 GL1800 w/RS conversion. I noticed my speedometer & odometer are off by 10%. Is this typical with the size of wheels used by RS, can it be calibrated, or do I need to purchase a device that will correct the problem? Also, I purchased the trike from Honda of Russellville Arkansas, and being in the Houston, TX area, it's not convenient for me to return it to Ark for service.

Hi RS,
Just recently purchased a 2015 GL1800 w/RS conversion. I noticed my speedometer & odometer are off by 10%. Is this typical with the size of wheels used by RS, can it be calibrated, or do I need to purchase a device that will correct the problem? Also, I purchased the trike from Honda of Russellville Arkansas, and being in the Houston, TX area, it's not convenient for me to return it to Ark for service.

Hi Roger,

Thanks for riding Roadsmith! We hope you are pleased with the trike thus far...

To answer your question, all Roadsmith kits come standard with a 205/65-16 series tire w/a 16x7" rim. Using that overall tire diameter combined with the 2.93:1 gear ratio basically brings the trike back to the same gear ratio the original motorcycle was, therefore not effecting the speedometer. Honda of Russellville often uses bigger rims and tires on their trikes, which look really good, but will throw your speedo off a little bit. Luckily there are fairly easy/cheap fixes such as a Speedo Healer that will correct the problem. The one from HealTech seems to be the best in our experience.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to let us know, thanks again for riding Roadsmith :)

RS comes through again with good answers. I have several friends that use Speedo Healer. I have the size tires that trikeshop uses on RS conversions, my speedo is the very same as before the conversion.

Just had my Wing converted this last week & am still getting used to everything. Was there any type of "owner's manual" I should have received ?
As a new owner, I still don't even know all the questions I should be asking . . .

Not sure if there is such a thing. I am the second owner of this trike, but I did go online and down load what there was on the kit. The bike came with the original owners manual.

OK Help!

2003 GL1800 w/2004 Roadsmith kit.
Tried to take off left side cover to check a fuse, Aux not working. Can't seem to remove the side cover w/o 1st removing the seat? Am I missing something? I checked manual & followed instructions.
Thx, Ron

Just had my Wing converted this last week & am still getting used to everything. Was there any type of "owner's manual" I should have received ?
As a new owner, I still don't even know all the questions I should be asking . . .

Congrats on the new trike and THANK YOU for choosing Roadsmith. We're happy to have you on the team :) There is an Owner's Manual that comes with the kit, but if you don't have it you can download one here http://trikeshop.com/support/honda-support/

If you'd like a hard copy, feel free to shoot us an email
( info@roadsmithtrikes.com ) with your address and we'll get one sent out. As always, don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions!

- - - Updated - - -

2003 GL1800 w/2004 Roadsmith kit.
Tried to take off left side cover to check a fuse, Aux not working. Can't seem to remove the side cover w/o 1st removing the seat? Am I missing something? I checked manual & followed instructions.
Thx, Ron

Hi Ron, I think we already answered this on an email, but you shouldn’t need to take the seat off in order to remove the sidecover. It’s held on by 3 grommets and it’s usually easier to pull from the bottom first and then it kind of all pops out from there. When re-installing, it's best angle the top edge of the side cover under the edge of the seat and then line up the holes from there.

Clicking the link, I fail to find an owners manual for 2011. My RS trike was a finish build out December 2011, but I picked it up January 2012, what am I missing here?

Next question . . .

Got the hardcopy ! Really appreciate it.

Now I've got a running light out on the right rear. How do I get to it to change the bulb?

Congrats on the new trike and THANK YOU for choosing Roadsmith. We're happy to have you on the team :) There is an Owner's Manual that comes with the kit, but if you don't have it you can download one here http://trikeshop.com/support/honda-support/

If you'd like a hard copy, feel free to shoot us an email
( info@roadsmithtrikes.com ) with your address and we'll get one sent out. As always, don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png