We're Here to Help!

Thanks, but don't need a roll of that stuff and I'm awful with scissors, think I'll try for the precut if I can find it. I know Road Smith put it on precut, so it's out there, somewhere, hopefully they will monitor this and respond. I'll call them if they don't comment here, I thought someone else could use the information, that's why I posted on the Road Smith "We Can Help".

Thanks

The smartest thing we’ve done, over all the years attending Daytona Bike Week, was revisit Roadsmith Trike in 2017. With age reminding us three wheels brings the fun back to cruising, we stopped in the shop, saw a 2005 Goldwing Trike, and a few days later, purchased it.

Anne, the Manager, and the crew walked us though the
transition from 2 to 3 wheels. The honest answers to our questions made things happen. Anne had us out of the office quickly with a pink slip. She provided a shipping agent to deliver the Trike to a cycle dealer in Western NYS. The Trike was delivered in a brief time. Roadsmith Trike forwarded the previous owner’s accessories, manuals and parts in the trunk.

The service agent at Arkport Cycle, a man that has serviced several cycles purchased in Arkport, did a NYS Inspection, and Serviced the Trike. He was impressed with the Trike and found no issues of concern. If you’re thinking of shifting to a Trike, and are in Daytona, it would be worth your effort to stop at Roadsmith Trike of Daytona Beach! Check their http://www.roadsmithtrikes.com/daytona/ postings.

The smartest thing we’ve done, over all the years attending Daytona Bike Week, was revisit Roadsmith Trike in 2017. With age reminding us three wheels brings the fun back to cruising, we stopped in the shop, saw a 2005 Goldwing Trike, and a few days later, purchased it.

Anne, the Manager, and the crew walked us though the
transition from 2 to 3 wheels. The honest answers to our questions made things happen. Anne had us out of the office quickly with a pink slip. She provided a shipping agent to deliver the Trike to a cycle dealer in Western NYS. The Trike was delivered in a brief time. Roadsmith Trike forwarded the previous owner’s accessories, manuals and parts in the trunk.

The service agent at Arkport Cycle, a man that has serviced several cycles purchased in Arkport, did a NYS Inspection, and Serviced the Trike. He was impressed with the Trike and found no issues of concern. If you’re thinking of shifting to a Trike, and are in Daytona, it would be worth your effort to stop at Roadsmith Trike of Daytona Beach! Check their http://www.roadsmithtrikes.com/daytona/ postings.

Thank you for the post. They are nice people.

Yes, good post Patch, have to agree since I got my conversion at the Daytona Trike Shop. Been happy with my RS Trike, which happens to be a 2005 GW/2012 conversion.

1999 Valkyrie HSC 1500

I just found out (after owning my trike for 2 weeks) what kind it was!! The dealer I bought it from said it was a Lehman. Nothing I was seeing on the bike made sense. I found out it is a Roadsmith. Now...what kind of brakes go on the rear? I ordered an 8 degree triple tree. Now I see they said a 6 degree is what I need!! Is this going to make a difference? HELP??

I just found out (after owning my trike for 2 weeks) what kind it was!! The dealer I bought it from said it was a Lehman. Nothing I was seeing on the bike made sense. I found out it is a Roadsmith. Now...what kind of brakes go on the rear? I ordered an 8 degree triple tree. Now I see they said a 6 degree is what I need!! Is this going to make a difference? HELP??

Congrats on the "new to you" trike! Valkyries do make great trike conversions. Particularly like the extra chrome on those bikes. The rear brakes are a VW application. If looking for replacement brake pads, here are a couple common suppliers with their part number. EBC (DP-105), Napa (TS-755), Federated (D30A).

A six-degree steering kit will work just fine on the trike. An 8-degree might be a little too much. Let us know if any more questions or anything else we can help with.

Jim

Differential Gear Lube on 2012 Conversion

2005 GW with 2012 RS Conversion., Owner's manual says add 1 qt not over 1" from fill hole. Did I read somewhere that the 2012 conversions had two different differentials, one was a bit less that 1 quart? That fill hole is difficult to get to to feel 1" from top. Guess my question is, if I put 1 quart in, is there a chance overfill?

2005 GW with 2012 RS Conversion., Owner's manual says add 1 qt not over 1" from fill hole. Did I read somewhere that the 2012 conversions had two different differentials, one was a bit less that 1 quart? That fill hole is difficult to get to to feel 1" from top. Guess my question is, if I put 1 quart in, is there a chance overfill?

One quart is all it takes Bikerbillone. If the differential is given sufficient time to drain before refilling, there will be no chance of overfilling.

Jim

Thanks Jim, man it is tight getting to that filler with the aux tank and the trunk, is there a special procedure, special wrench, deep socket?

Thanks Jim, man it is tight getting to that filler with the aux tank and the trunk, is there a special procedure, special wrench, deep socket?

Bikerbillone - our guys use a deep socket and ratchet to get the fill-plug off. You may want to consider filling the differential through the drain plug (hole) using a hand-pump similar to those used to fill the lower-unit of an outboard motor. You can find them at a marina or auto-parts store.

Jim

Roadsmith rear tire wear

I have a 2006 GL1800 with a 2012 Roadsmith trike kit. I have 54K miles on the rear tires, and the left tire has what looks like negative camber wear ( inside tire wear on inner edge of tire)

Has anyone out there had this problem, and if so what did you do to correct it. Is there such a thing as a "wheel alignment" for the rear wheels of a trike.

The right side tire is wearing normally

Mike

Northern MI

Just guessing, I probably have 40K on my RS tires and they're wearing really well. I have Ride-On in them from early on, it works for me. I have no interest in the product, it just works for me.

I have a 2006 GL1800 with a 2012 Roadsmith trike kit. I have 54K miles on the rear tires, and the left tire has what looks like negative camber wear ( inside tire wear on inner edge of tire)

Has anyone out there had this problem, and if so what did you do to correct it. Is there such a thing as a "wheel alignment" for the rear wheels of a trike.

The right side tire is wearing normally

Mike

Northern MI

Hi Mike - thanks for your post. 54,000 miles is pretty much at the end life of the rear tires. Even though it may seem that the tires should last forever given the light duty application, its actually the quicker acceleration and braking from a trike application that wears down the tires. There is no "easy" adjustment for camber, and considering the mileage you received out of these tires, and the fact only one tire is worn, I would suggest putting on a new set of tires and keep an eye on them. Let us know if you see any unusual wear within the first 10,000 miles. That's a good indicator of potential suspension issues.

Jim

Daytona Shop

Was glad to see Dan running the Roadsmith shop out of All Out Powersports

on Beach Blvd in Daytona ... Old shop closed and for those who do not know

the Daytona Beach shop is right across the parking lot from the old shop .. Have a

good retirement Dick .. You will be missed around the old digs ...

HTS1800 Conversion w/ Aux Fuel Tank added.

Good afternoon RoadSmith,

In Apr2016 we purchased a 2008 GL1800 w/ the HTS Conversion. The Aux Fuel Tank had been added to that conversion. My question is this; when re-filling the aux tank we seem to have a problem w/ splash-back. I have tried every trick that I can think of to stop that splash back but now have to wonder if that may be a venting problem?? Is this a common occurrence w/ the HTS 1800 Kit? A very good Friend also had an 08 GL1800 w/ the HT100Kit, he did not have that problem when re-filling his Aux Tank. Any info and or guidance will be greatly appreciated. THX and looking forward to hearing from you

Hutch

(ME)

I agree, that fill pipe is tricky with a curve down in there that's restrictive especially as the tank fills. I think the capacity is 5 gallons, correction pls if I'm wrong. So when I get to 4 gallons I am very careful maybe moving the nozzle up to allow an air escape and I can see a little bit down into the nozzle, doing the off/on thing with the handle. Even then, some of the spring loads are so strong, it's difficult to squeeze There are times when I'm careful as possible and still get some slosh on the fender. Bottom line, I don't know any way to be perfect in the aux tank refuel. However, fuel up that aux tank, and ya get a better ride.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png