We're Here to Help!

Zook, that puts the Daytona Beach closing in much better perspective, thanks for the insight. So I'm guessing that RS is still doing many of the Harley conversions for Rossmeyers Destination Daytona. With HD doing their factory trikes, I would think that would chisel into the RS business. I also suspect there's still someone in the Daytona area doing the RS conversion for Rossmeyer's, Daytona. Thanks again for taking the time.

Hey Bill - sorry I didn't notice your post earlier. Zook is right about Destination being a great place to buy a Roadsmith. They sell the Roadsmith against the TriGlide as as a premium product, as the trikes they carry from us are all super high-end units, installed on some of HD most expensive motorcycles.

We replaced our Daytona store with All Out Powersports. They are located literally across the parking lot from our old store on Beach St. The people there are fantastic - good sales people and even better techs. We have enjoyed working with them. And of course, Dick is enjoying his retirement!!

Jim

No problem Jim, and thanks for taking time time, I had most of it sorted out. Dick was a interesting guy to talk with and would gladly share his time about the early development of the Road Smith.

Bleed rear brakes

I’ve had my RS trike for 3years and wife and I love it. We wished we would have done it sooner.

My question is, when bleeding the rear brakes is their a sequence to bleeding them? Mine have started to have to be pumped 2-3times for them to feel right and stop the trike like it should be.

I’ve had my RS trike for 3years and wife and I love it. We wished we would have done it sooner.

My question is, when bleeding the rear brakes is their a sequence to bleeding them? Mine have started to have to be pumped 2-3times for them to feel right and stop the trike like it should be.

Bleed the left rear first, then the right rear. If it still wont get a firm pedal, call Roadsmith and ask for Mike.

Reverse

My Question. I have Rushmore ultra limited 2014. This is the first one built by road smith. When I put it in reverse even in neutral the horn sounds. What should I check.

Thank you

My Question. I have Rushmore ultra limited 2014. This is the first one built by road smith. When I put it in reverse even in neutral the horn sounds. What should I check.

Thank you

It might be a safety feature. Below is from their website:

Electric Reverse

A unique and cool option we have developed is our Electric Reverse System. This electric motor is not just a starter motor, but rather an extremely high torque 12V motor that goes through a gear reduction to produce huge torque. To operate the reverse, simply lift the lever on the left side to engage the electric motor's gear directly into the front of the belt's sprocket. One you've engaged the motor simply push and hold the bike's horn button down to back you up. When done, put the engagement lever back down and the horn button will be a horn button again.There is a safety built in so if you put the bike in gear while the lever is up, the horn sounds! You'll probably only do that once.

POSTER

Hi Everyone! Roadsmith Trikes is here to help with answers to questions or anything else you might need for your Roadsmith Trike. We will be checking this forum regularly and promise to get back to you as quickly as we can. If you need immediate assistance, please don't hesitate to call the main factory number 800-331-0705! Thanks and we look forward to chatting with you!

Looking for a large color poster of your IRS unit with parts legend for the VTX 1800. Does your company offer such an item ? If so, please let me know the cost. Not only will it fit right in with the Barn Art collection, but it will simplify the question/answer sessions without crawling under the trike. Thanks for a response.

Hmmm, when was this quote dated, and no, they don't seem to be around even though they are a sponsor. Sure, pick up the phone and call, then it's not shared with the forum and that's what the forum is for. I read a lot here lately about Harley, and that's fine, but there are other three wheelers in the mix. They were a no show at Americade, closed the original trike shop in Daytona, jus sayin'. Maybe it's all economics. Wait, I saw the OP first post, wow, that goes back a few years.

Hmmm, when was this quote dated, and no, they don't seem to be around even though they are a sponsor. Sure, pick up the phone and call, then it's not shared with the forum and that's what the forum is for. I read a lot here lately about Harley, and that's fine, but there are other three wheelers in the mix. They were a no show at Americade, closed the original trike shop in Daytona, jus sayin'. Maybe it's all economics. Wait, I saw the OP first post, wow, that goes back a few years.

Are you saying Roadsmith closed their shop and did not show up at Americade, or do you refer to Harley ?

Doing some read back on this thread, and I found that the original 'trike store' was replaced by All Out Power Sports, whose folks now do RS fix and conversion, so I didn't want to leave the impression that they are no longer in Daytona. If I did, apologies all around.

Suitable for Framing

Inquiry #3: Looking for a color poster with parts legend for the IRS unit for the Honda VTX 1800, let me know as to cost and availability. Thanks for a response.

Roadsmith is alive and well.

They are a big sponsor on TrikeTalk. If you will click on Forums, then look to your right you will see their advertisement.

Click on it and you will be in on their website with all kinds of information - including phone numbers you can call to make inquiries directly to them.

I didn’t look at their specific hours of operation but possibly they don’t respond on weekends.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png