We're Here to Help!

Tony's trikes retired as many knows.
I have a small leak on the left side when the axle goes into the rear end. It is leaking between the boot and rear end housing.
Will any dealer warranty it?
KD cycles is the closest, I have sent them a email.
Any suggestions?
I don't think warranty's are dealer specific KD are purdy good folks. Good Luck

Yes they are. I called and he said he would take care of it.
Tony trikes has been around for some time. Got his first grand child. I don't blame him. When I got mine from him I figured he was either getting ready to retire or cut back a lot. He retired.
Tony and his wife are good people.

I see somewhere on this thread that someone with a Valkerie posted a question about Tailight bulbs.. I am having my Harley FLHXS converted to a RoadSmith HDTR. Question is the twilight bulb an 1157? and what radiant bulb works best for max illumination?:xzqxz: Also does RoadSmith offer passenger Handrails similar to the the new Harley Freewheeler?

Thanks for the response> the 1800 has fuel injection. And you're right, the speedo is off. I'm going to check with The Trike Shop about the aux tank procedures. Ron

Your speedo was off by at least 7% when it left the factory as a 2 wheeler. Trike kits don't correct the problem. All metric bikes come that way. Nobody knows why.

I see somewhere on this thread that someone with a Valkerie posted a question about Tailight bulbs.. I am having my Harley FLHXS converted to a RoadSmith HDTR. Question is the twilight bulb an 1157? and what radiant bulb works best for max illumination?:xzqxz: Also does RoadSmith offer passenger Handrails similar to the the new Harley Freewheeler?

they will usually say ... I always Google to check details 1157 is on the way out they got quite a selection of replacement LEDs much brighter and 10-15 year life .... from and Electrician .... LM retired AO .... Hand rails unknown by me ... mine is a Champion Conversion Electra Glide .... it used the original ones

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! Roadsmith Trikes is here to help with answers to questions or anything else you might need for your Roadsmith Trike. We will be checking this forum regularly and promise to get back to you as quickly as we can. If you need immediate assistance, please don't hesitate to call the main factory number 800-331-0705! Thanks and we look forward to chatting with you!
I still cannot seem to get anyone to tell me what Tail light bulbs come in an HDTR. I want to convert them on my Trike which is being built at Ace. I want to order them from Radiantz but not sure which bulb and color?:xzqxz:

Try this guy at Road Smith. If he doesn't know, I think he will tell you.

Taylor Young <taylor@trikeshop.com>;

I still cannot seem to get anyone to tell me what Tail light bulbs come in an HDTR. I want to convert them on my Trike which is being built at Ace. I want to order them from Radiantz but not sure which bulb and color?:xzqxz:

You can order brighter bulbs from Radiantz at this link here http://www.radiantz.com/products#!/Z-Towerz/p/39306367 -

You'll want the Z-Towerz Red 1157 p/n 3701-17. JagJeep on this forum tried them on his Valkyrie trike, which uses the same tail lights, and he had great luck with them.

Let us know if you have any other questions, and thanks for choosing Ace Trike & Roadsmith!

You can order brighter bulbs from Radiantz at this link here http://www.radiantz.com/products#!/Z-Towerz/p/39306367 -

You'll want the Z-Towerz Red 1157 p/n 3701-17. JagJeep on this forum tried them on his Valkyrie trike, which uses the same tail lights, and he had great luck with them.

Let us know if you have any other questions, and thanks for choosing Ace Trike & Roadsmith!

Thanks, for the help. One more question: What about Passenger Grab rails like the ones Harley is putting on their new Freewheeler. Does RoadSmith have anything like that ?

Thanks, for the help. One more question: What about Passenger Grab rails like the ones Harley is putting on their new Freewheeler. Does RoadSmith have anything like that ?

I'm afraid we don't offer anything like that, however most aftermarket options, like Kuryakyn's, work in conjunction with the trike kit. That would be a good thing to ask your dealer about.

I'm afraid we don't offer anything like that, however most aftermarket options, like Kuryakyn's, work in conjunction with the trike kit. That would be a good thing to ask your dealer about.
Thanks again for the quick answer. Anxiously awaiting delivery of my HDTR from Ace. I ordered the Bulbs from Radiantz so when I do get my delivery I will have something to do while I wait for it to warm up a little.

I have a 2012 GW with the 2014 Roadsmith HTS conversion and running boards.
Are the running boards weight bearing?

I have a 2012 GW with the 2014 Roadsmith HTS conversion and running boards.
Are the running boards weight bearing?

Yes, the Roadsmith HTS1800 Wing Guards (aka running boards) are weight bearing, as long as they were installed with the supplied center support brace. You can find out if it has the center support brace by looking underneath the middle of the running board - there is a heavy duty bracket attached to where the center stand used to be that extends out to the underneath portion of the running board.

If it doesn't have that, please contact your installer or us directly at 800-331-0705.

Thanks for riding Roadsmith!

Are all of the Roadsmith wing guards suppose to have the brace to make them weight bearing. I bought a used 09 GL1800 a year ans a half ago from the dealer who originally triked it and installed the wing guards back in 09. Mine does not have the brace and still has part of the center stand bolted to the bottom. They just cut off part of the center stand. Now it makes me wonder if they couldn't remove it for some reason or just cut part of it off because that was easier.
Steve

My trike shop installer removed the side stand and center stand as part of install procedure. It was not "make a choice".

From what I am reading the center stand mount is used to install the center brace to make the wing guards weight bearing. The installer that triked my bike removed the side stand but just cut off the part of the center stand that you stepped on to put down the center stand.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png