We're Here to Help!

I bought a 2013 GL1800 with Roadsmith HTS # HTS18FB19094 .

Owner let me drive on city road around the house and all seem ok , brought it home kn highway for a 35 mile trip.

Today me and the wife as a passanger , went for a short trip and a slight curve it wouldnt let me turn left and I drove thru a maklbox and post . Got thru that and went to highway on way back home .

Thanks for help .

Rodney

Semi passed us pushing us off to right and again couldnt steer to left , driving off the hiway down and up thru a deep ditch and onto side road to where we stopped .

Just a shot in the dark here.......By any chance were you trying to countersteer? like you do on a Two wheeler......You can't do that with a Trike....You have to turn the bars in the direction you want to go....

I bought a 2013 GL1800 with Roadsmith HTS # HTS18FB19094 .

Owner let me drive on city road around the house and all seem ok , brought it home kn highway for a 35 mile trip.

Today me and the wife as a passanger , went for a short trip and a slight curve it wouldnt let me turn left and I drove thru a maklbox and post . Got thru that and went to highway on way back home .

Thanks for help .

Rodney

Semi passed us pushing us off to right and again couldnt steer to left , driving off the hiway down and up thru a deep ditch and onto side road to where we stopped .

I ordered my Roadsmith Kit last week, what's the wait time generally speaking?

Just a shot in the dark here.......By any chance were you trying to countersteer? like you do on a Two wheeler......You can't do that with a Trike....You have to turn the bars in the direction you want to go....

7-16-23 I was Pushing up or to left with right hand and pulling down with left hand as hard as I could. Either time it wouldn’t go to left .

1st time on 2 lane slight curve to left : crashed thru a wood mailbox post .

2nd time on a straight highway road: semi passed with wind pushing against us , Up and down thru a deep ditch stopping on a side off road

Just to add to Rodney’s issue , it’s a push - pull on the bars . It’s a natural as wear you look is wear you will go . Sightseeing is not advised on any twisties …

If your just sitting on the trike not running or moving do the handle bars move right to left with no binding ? maybe you have wires, a brake hose or clutch cable binding up the steering ?

7-16-23 I was Pushing up or to left with right hand and pulling down with left hand as hard as I could. Either time it wouldn’t go to left .

Thats counter steering, Can't do that on a trike..... If you wanted to turn left....What you should of have done was ;

PUSH UP WITH THE LEFT HAND AND DOWN WITH THE RIGHT HAND..' IE; Turn bars in the direction you want to go...Like turning a steering wheel on a car...

Thats counter steering, Can't do that on a trike..... If you wanted to turn left....What you should of have done was ;

PUSH UP WITH THE LEFT HAND AND DOWN WITH THE RIGHT HAND..' IE; Turn bars in the direction you want to go...Like turning a steering wheel on a car...

Not for a left hand turn - push up (out) with my right hand and pull down (in) with my left hand - this steers me to the left.

I like what the other guy said - check left turning while sitting still and see if something is caught up. Also, try some low speed maneuvers in a parking lot.

Not for a left hand turn - push up (out) with my right hand and pull down (in) with my left hand - this steers me to the left.

I like what the other guy said - check left turning while sitting still and see if something is caught up. Also, try some low speed maneuvers in a parking lot.

Ok let me Splane it more better….Turn the handle bars in the direction you want to go…And that’s the opposite of counter steering..Counter steering is for a two wheeler..

If I am understanding this right it sounds like the bike may have set up and rust formed in the steering bearings therefore making it hard to turn and it may not prevent turning every time. I would raise the front wheel off the ground and turn the handle bars back and forth listening and feeling for a grinding sound or feeling for binding and flat spots.

Roadsmith Ultra Ride Camber

Got an Ultra Ride kit on a 2003 Electra Glide. Rear Tires have negative camber and are wearing on the inside. I am the second owner so I do not know if the shocks have been adjusted. Called the factory twice and have not gotten a response yet. Does anyone know how to adjust the camber on this particular kit? Thanks.

If it’s IRS , bring it ti an alignment shop and let them align it to zero with you on it . Most use lazer machines .

Got an Ultra Ride kit on a 2003 Electra Glide. Rear Tires have negative camber and are wearing on the inside. I am the second owner so I do not know if the shocks have been adjusted. Called the factory twice and have not gotten a response yet. Does anyone know how to adjust the camber on this particular kit? Thanks.

Hey ‘Champ Welcome to Trike Talk 👍👍..

Ultra Ride Camber

Got a call back from Doug with Roadsmith. Apparently there’s no adjustment for the camber on this bike. He said to just adjust the preload on the shocks more. That’s what we’ll do.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png