aftermarket exhaust

lasso

Nov 7, 2011
Baskin, Louisiana, USA
I've got a 1997 Ultra-Classic FLHTCUI, with a motor-trike kit on it. Looking at installing slip on mufflers. Any thoughts on which ones would be better or worse?

IMHO the trike is louder then a 2 wheeler due to the body trapping the sound so keep that in mind when selecting a muffler. I put V&H on mine when I bought it but went back to stock after the noise got to me.

The Vane& Hines (0vals) on our 2012 sound great, not too loud I don't think, deep and rumbly. BTW, several muffler manufacturers told me the larger in diameter the muffler body the deeper the tone of the muffler if that's any help.

Phu Cat

I just installed some new HD SE Street Cannons today. They sound very good, deep and not too loud. I have a de-catted header and it may be a bit louder for that reason. It does sound good. Looks good too with the billet end caps.

Either that or Reinhardt bought out BUB's.. 1 of the 2

After a little checking you're correct Bub's does the manufacturing for them.

I've got a 1997 Ultra-Classic FLHTCUI, with a motor-trike kit on it. Looking at installing slip on mufflers. Any thoughts on which ones would be better or worse?

Here is a Facebook link to a guy down the road from here that has been developing exhaust for a couple years and is now getting into production. I haven't heard the exhaust but I know a couple guys that are on the waiting list to get exhaust installed, one is a trike conversion owner. The dyno readings he has are pretty impressive.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hash-Harley-Davidson-Service-Repair/142735079085643

Installed a set of 4" open exhaust from American Custom, they sound great. Was concerned about losing to much back pressure, didn't hurt a thing. Ordered their mid-tone baffles to try out. Wife says its a little to loud for her. Guess I'll be riding by myself mostly then.

Thanks, for all the help and advice.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png